• Please log in to reply
3710 replies to this topic

#3701 Psychgro

Psychgro

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 07:29 AM

Hello!! New to growing, lurked around 3 years ago and finally made it back on the growing path now. I hope to learn a lot and eventually contribute to the wealth of knowledge and community that exists here. Thank you all for sharing and for your time!!

#3702 Mycosean

Mycosean

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 11:48 AM

Hello everyone I’m new to mycotopia and am still a learning a lot about this wonderful amazing thing and I feel like finding this website couldn’t have came at a better time in my life and I hope to learn great amounts of knowledge from it!!!
  • Soundmanwill likes this

#3703 Soundmanwill

Soundmanwill

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 02:07 AM

Hello everyone. I have always approached a new undertaking with a curiosity of wanting to know the history of the subject. I first got into the hobby in the late 90's. I ordered my first supplies from PF Faniticus... The professor. Billy McPherson is owed a great deal of credit for our hobby being where it is today. Of course there are other legends of mycology, but the PF technique of growing moved the hobby from a complicated mysterious scientific process to the place of relative simplicity for almost anyone. I've seen far too many ignorant critics of the PF Tek with disregard for the significance of this revolutionary discovery. I content that most of us would not be where we are today without Billy McPherson. Yes, there have been many pioneers since, that have dared to experiment and risk failure. They have moved us forward. I encourage you learn, ask questions, research and push the boundaries, once you have some experience under your belt. Who knows, maybe you will be the next one to figure out the next big secret that our hobby had locked away. In the meantime, if you are a history buff like me, I recommend that you take some time to learn about a pioneer off or hobby, Billy McPherson - Professor PF. It's a fascinating read. https://www.seanet.c...son/pfcase.html Don't forget to give back as that's how progress is made. Finally thank you Professor PF, may you rest in peace. Cheers and good luck with your hobby!

#3704 Soundmanwill

Soundmanwill

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 02:07 AM

Hello everyone. I have always approached a new undertaking with a curiosity of wanting to know the history of the subject. I first got into the hobby in the late 90's. I ordered my first supplies from PF Faniticus... The professor. Billy McPherson is owed a great deal of credit for our hobby being where it is today. Of course there are other legends of mycology, but the PF technique of growing moved the hobby from a complicated mysterious scientific process to the place of relative simplicity for almost anyone. I've seen far too many ignorant critics of the PF Tek with disregard for the significance of this revolutionary discovery. I content that most of us would not be where we are today without Billy McPherson. Yes, there have been many pioneers since, that have dared to experiment and risk failure. They have moved us forward. I encourage you learn, ask questions, research and push the boundaries, once you have some experience under your belt. Who knows, maybe you will be the next one to figure out the next big secret that our hobby had locked away. In the meantime, if you are a history buff like me, I recommend that you take some time to learn about a pioneer off or hobby, Billy McPherson - Professor PF. It's a fascinating read. https://www.seanet.c...son/pfcase.html Don't forget to give back as that's how progress is made. Finally thank you Professor PF, may you rest in peace. Cheers and good luck with your hobby!

#3705 GoOutside

GoOutside

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 03:49 PM

Just now joining and signing in. My main interest is an outdoor P Cyan bed. Now that everything froze here it’s nearly impossible to find them any longer. I have the site prepared, transferred a bit of mycelium to it on boiled cardboard and some alder chips. Hoping it might take next spring and summer, but still gonna inoculated grain and shavings when the weather warms up again her next April. When I become a real member here I’ll search out help on my questions.

#3706 PickleRick

PickleRick

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 05:57 AM

Hi Everybody!

I'm back under a new moniker but was an active member here a few years ago. Found some old prints stashed away so decided to buy some agar and have a go after all these years.

I'm a bit rusty so will need the help of the vaults and all you lovely keepers of knowledge, but I haven't forgot everything so can also help answer questions for beginners as well, always happy to help..and as long as your not a rat or a prison guard then you have nothing to worry about with PickleRick.;)

yours sincerely,

Picklerick

:hug:

• Skywatcher, Moonless and sockeyetales like this

#3707 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,956 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 December 2019 - 10:12 AM

Welcome all. Looking forward to seeing you all become comfortable here.

@PickleRick, After you get those first three posts in, let us know if you want your old account back. We will do what we can to verify and do that for you.

#3708 GoOutside

GoOutside

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 10:29 AM

Got a large truckload of alder and birch chips yesterday and spread them all around my existing small cyan bed. Phase one of expanding it by late spring. Would you use myc in cardboard to move it around?
  • Moonless likes this

#3709 climbslime

climbslime

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 06:52 PM

Hey! I'm pretty new to all of this but I'm excited to learn all there is to learn. I've been interested in growing for a while and I'm looking forward to meeting some amazing people through doing so :)

I'm always down for an adventure and I feel like this hobby is a great opportunity for that!

#3710 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 272 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 08:32 PM

Welcome home every1!!!

GoOutside I am so jelous of your project you lucky mother fucker!

climbslime what are you intersted in growing?

#3711 Fa3lien

Fa3lien

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:29 AM

Hey, ElPirana, just now seeing this. Thanks for the input. Those 10 pf tek jars and the two bags haven’t progressed at all. But I just finished my semester finals today and I can finally add controlled temp to the mix. Will post in a few weeks with any results, meanwhile moving on to start a new series of batches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!