4047 replies to this topic

#4021 OldFart1971

OldFart1971

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 09:05 PM

Hello all,

I'm just starting to get into this as a hobby. I just started with BRF cakes and as nervous as I was did 2 parts water. I'm laughing at it now. Me and my Brat managed to try to mix and fix the situation...end result is all the cakes took hold but the growth is slow. We played with 4 strains in 8 jars....2 ml spore syringe in one and 4 ml in the other. I think Im hooked on this as now the Brat thinks Im a total geek.

The Brat and I just did another batch of cakes. We mixed it all good this time and even added gypsum...She just helped me spell GYPSUM. Im thinking were in total just have fun mode. We made 8 cakes and used 8 different strains...each cake a different strain, Spore Syringes, 10 ml in each. I think she is geeking on this too.

My main interest that got me to buy all the cool toys was focused on eventually establishing a small business out of it. After I retire I would like to work for my self. Please say hi if you can and I look forward to chatting with everyone and learning more about growing.

V/R

OldFart1971

P.S Brat insisted I mention she is my human Girl Friend. Yes, she made me clarify this.

• CrystalShip likes this

#4022 merbymush

merbymush

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 09:22 PM

Total newb here (to Mycotopia and forums in general). I've been fascinated with mushrooms in general and psychedelics especially in the last few years but have never really known where to get started in cultivating my own. Now with the pandemic having cut my work hours drastically I am finally motivated to really dig deeper into the learning. I've been browsing through posts in the "Getting Started" section and the Welcome Mat but feel like I'm missing something pretty basic. A lot of "newbie" members post here already having started the growing process and I feel a little lost. Where did they get the basic info to get started? Sorry, I'm sure it's pretty straightforward to most but I've never used a forum like this before. I'm definitely not connecting with the right posts yet. Any direction and help would be very much appreciated.

• CrystalShip likes this

#4023 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 7,004 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 May 2020 - 10:54 PM

Welcome! Thanks for for putting up with the initiation process and all the hazing!

• merbymush and OldFart1971 like this

#4024 Choices

Choices

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 465 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 11:43 PM

Total newb here (to Mycotopia and forums in general). I've been fascinated with mushrooms in general and psychedelics especially in the last few years but have never really known where to get started in cultivating my own. Now with the pandemic having cut my work hours drastically I am finally motivated to really dig deeper into the learning. I've been browsing through posts in the "Getting Started" section and the Welcome Mat but feel like I'm missing something pretty basic. A lot of "newbie" members post here already having started the growing process and I feel a little lost. Where did they get the basic info to get started? Sorry, I'm sure it's pretty straightforward to most but I've never used a forum like this before. I'm definitely not connecting with the right posts yet. Any direction and help would be very much appreciated.

Try this. Welcome.Mer.

https://mycotopia.ne...tach_id=1149753

Edited by Choices, 21 May 2020 - 11:45 PM.

• merbymush and OldFart1971 like this

#4025 OldFart1971

OldFart1971

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 09:16 AM

No Worries, The experimentation is fun. Im trying to learn how to navigate forums as well. I aint got a friend in the world here but the expertise and information here is awesome.

.....I stole the keyboard from the OldFart to say hi and that we are both learning as we go so don't feel bad.  He spent an incredible amount of time learning everything he could find on the topic (from books, youtube videos and web searches) and now I'm trying to play catch up as we experiment.  So I'm learning on the fly as we stir up substrates and do battle with pressure cooker lids.  But I'm having a blast and can't wait to see what all we come up with when the little white jars of fuzzys start to grow into something that looks more like a mushroom.  -Brat

• coorsmikey and merbymush like this

#4026 CrystalShip

CrystalShip

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 11:48 AM

Hello everyone! New member here. Really grateful to have stumbled onto this site. Just started growing mushrooms about 10 days ago. Can't wait to finally try one! Can't wait to meet you all.

• Moonless likes this

#4027 Champotiron

Champotiron

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 02:19 AM

Hello all!

So happy to join the community and to post, thanks for accepting. Seem's like an amazing place to share... and enjoy. English is not my mother tongue, so I may do/write some mistake.
I have been growing oyster mushroom's for one year. Slowly I learn. I began my first LC few weeks ago (Thanks for all the people who have shared openly theyre discover, and all of you who contribute and spread the knowledges !). From an old experience (and first of growing), I tried to ressurect an old syringe of cubensis I bought... 3 years ago ^^. Will see.
My job is about treating pollution in soil and water. I look forward, when I feel ready, to experiment mycorestauration. But first, I will have to practise a lot.

See you around!
Cheers,

Champotiron

• newmoon and Moonless like this

#4028 newmoon

newmoon

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 198 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 11:40 AM

Hello all!

So happy to join the community and to post, thanks for accepting. Seem's like an amazing place to share... and enjoy. English is not my mother tongue, so I may do/write some mistake.
I have been growing oyster mushroom's for one year. Slowly I learn. I began my first LC few weeks ago (Thanks for all the people who have shared openly theyre discover, and all of you who contribute and spread the knowledges !). From an old experience (and first of growing), I tried to ressurect an old syringe of cubensis I bought... 3 years ago ^^. Will see.
My job is about treating pollution in soil and water. I look forward, when I feel ready, to experiment mycorestauration. But first, I will have to practise a lot.

See you around!
Cheers,

Champotiron

Cool, I'm in soil/water pollution research too, and it's a topic a bunch of people here care about. Welcome, and good luck with the cubensis grow!

#4029 Choices

Choices

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 465 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 12:47 PM

Welcome to topia, Champ. Glad your hear..

#4030 SMOKIEDABEAR

SMOKIEDABEAR

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 11:19 PM

Healing is why I've started this hobby my mom,and two best friends,gma,and an aunt all with in 3 years put me so low cubes definitely have been a help with my psyche.thank you mycotopia
  • Moonless, Choices and BuddingMyc like this

#4031 Nito

Nito

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 08:31 PM

Hello friends, I am new here, I have been cultivating for a  time, I am from Chile and my English is fatal, I hope you understand, thanks for accepting me, greetings.

• Toybox78 and BuddingMyc like this

#4032 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 7,242 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 May 2020 - 09:12 PM

Welcome Nito.

I am sure you will get comfortable here quickly.

• Nito likes this

#4033 BuddingMyc

BuddingMyc

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 May 2020 - 11:35 AM

Hello Everyone

I have gotten into mushrooms in the past 6 months. I've plunged in the deep end rather quickly, going out and identifying mushrooms all around my area of northern Kentucky. I am still too worried to consume any that i find.

Very excited to learn from this community. I've begun my first growing process with golden teacher spore syringe and a self healing injection ported grain bag. The mycelium has taken slowly, but looks healthy.

Even more exciting - yesterday i found the mushroom I've been looking for since the beginning of my journey. A local psilocybin variety of Kentucky: Panaeolus Cinctulus (or P. Subbalteatus). To my great joy, it likely grows perennially in my horse's manure and hay discards. I recently obtained a microscope, and am currently trying to learn how to use it before I consume any mushroom.

Thanks, I look forward to working with you.

• Moonless likes this

#4034 Likeadoctorwould

Likeadoctorwould

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 May 2020 - 11:48 AM

Hello world. Here to learn about macroscopy work, and to find a way into a mycological academia type situation in the future. (The future is now.)
  • coorsmikey and BuddingMyc like this

#4035 Shaz

Shaz

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 May 2020 - 01:37 PM

Hello everyone. I'm new here (been lurking for a few months - trying to do some research for my first grow ever) but, now that I have completed my first grow, I have some questions that I cannot seem to get straight answers on without actually being able to speak to people and have those conversations. Apparently, according to a FOAF, I should chow down on some of my own fruits and experience what they do before attempting to fully understand what I am doing/growing

#4036 chiledoug

chiledoug

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 May 2020 - 04:49 PM

name is Doug from AZ I am interested in about anything I can grow or eat

#4037 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 507 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 May 2020 - 05:02 PM

Welcome Doug :) I too am interested in growing edible plants and fungus. The two main forums for that are are urban gardener and edible mushrooms. You can find both on the front page. Fell free to ask for advice or study up in the vaults :)

I can't wait to grow and develop with each other :)

#4038 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 507 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 May 2020 - 05:04 PM

Hello and welcome Shaz,

Yes that is one way to do it. There is no wrong way, let the mushrooms guide you  :meditate:

• Shaz likes this

#4039 kpl3196

kpl3196

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 May 2020 - 09:17 PM

Hello,

I am new and still reading post. I am intrigued and fascinated. I am searching for something and answers in life. I am 51 years old. I've experienced a lot. Raised a family. I am mot interested in politics or TV. I love nature. I love outdoors, sunsets stars, thunderstorms and looking at the stars on a dark night. True life! Just trying to get a start in meaning and somehow was led here. Not sure if I'm on the right introduction post but, Like I say I new. 

#4040 Teonanacatlphiliac

Teonanacatlphiliac

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 4 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:36 AM

Hello! I am TeonanacatlPhiliac and I am here to connect with those of like minds. I believe that psychedelics are the key to helping people live more enriched lives. I love mushrooms and am slowly learning how to grow my own. I just had my first harvest a few months ago.
  • Ronald Ray Gun likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!