4211 replies to this topic

#4201 DarkPassenger

DarkPassenger

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 September 2020 - 09:16 PM

Happytimes,

I too am here waging my battle against depression. Been on a dozen medications and have been adjudicated as treatment resistant... Military veteran like many that find their way "here." Anyways, my insurance has not come through for Sprovato and I am left to my own devices.

Let me tell you, I have only been on here for a short time now, but you will likely be able to find a way to defeat your depression if you are willing to forego the status quo and learn from the many knowledgeable mentors on this site. I am biased but the alternative sites don't compare, especially when it comes to depth of knowledge.

To be clear, I still have depression but NOW I have a plan to overcome it. I just completed my first PF TEK grow and I am optimistic that what I have produced, on the the technological shoulders of many, will help me in my battle.

If you ever need someone to chat with, just let me know. Naturally, anonymously.

Respectfully,

DP
  • Choices and Mycol like this

#4202 GratefulMamaBear

GratefulMamaBear

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 01:58 PM

Hi im new to this community. But im impressed! Also preoaring for first harvest. B+ pinning now :) Im n love

#4203 GratefulMamaBear

GratefulMamaBear

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 02:00 PM

Im so happy you found your peace and freedom. Its exhilarating to have that lifted. Im here for u if u need a friend.

#4204 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,335 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 September 2020 - 07:07 PM

Welcome GMB!

#4205 GragonflyShaman

GragonflyShaman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 06:02 AM

I read somewhere that sawdust from walnut trees hinders the development of the mycelial network.  Is this true?  I have access to sawdust from a carpentry shop, ( from fines to planer shavings) but I am not sure if he works with walnut.  Could this be a problem for me reaching my most efficient production?

#4206 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 September 2020 - 10:52 AM

I read somewhere that sawdust from walnut trees hinders the development of the mycelial network.  Is this true?  I have access to sawdust from a carpentry shop, ( from fines to planer shavings) but I am not sure if he works with walnut.  Could this be a problem for me reaching my most efficient production?

For some species of fungi it can be a problem.

For example Lion's Mane grows well on walnut, but it's not recommended for growing shiitake or most other edible species on it. It might not be a problem for other species if walnut only composes a relatively small percentage of a mix of hardwood sawdusts and shavings, but there's really only one way to find out...

• GragonflyShaman likes this

#4207 GragonflyShaman

GragonflyShaman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 11:25 AM

Thank you for the reply TVCasualty.  I am much less apprehensive about using this material in substrate now.

#4208 Wanttomyco

Wanttomyco

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 02:06 PM

Welcome Nikecat.

#4209 Wanttomyco

Wanttomyco

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 02:09 PM

Welcome to you GMB.

#4210 JCMushlover

JCMushlover

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 04:52 PM

Hello to all. Not only new to Mycotopia but new to mushroom growing. I love mushrooms and started with some light foraging when I found my fist white coral mushroom... too chicken to eat it.

I am now getting ready to start some tubs based on a YouTube video with Shiitake, Lion's Mane and Maitake. 

Any suggestions and where to get materials will be greatly appreciated as this can get expensive in a hurry... :-)

#4211 Smokiesshrooms

Smokiesshrooms

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 1 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:55 AM

Whats up everyone. I'm New here obviously lol, Looking for info on when picking your mushrooms. Stupid question but do you pull them off the grow media or cut them off and leave some stem on? Im on my first flush and will be getting ready to soak and work towards the second flush. IF this all goes well. I have pictures i can put up as well so you can see what im working with.

Thanks.

#4212 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,744 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted Yesterday, 05:34 PM

You can do both, what your looking to do is not rip the sub apart when removing. So some scissors can make short work of them. Or If you are going to pull it helps to give them a bit of a twist and a wiggle to try to prevent big chunks of substrate from coming off with it.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!