4259 replies to this topic

#4241 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,475 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 October 2020 - 08:40 PM

Yea I love oysters just because they are like the prettiest mushroom and come in a variety of colors.. would love to grow them myself so be sure to post a grow log when you're ready so I can live vicariously through you.. lol
  • Auhron likes this

#4242 Auhron

Auhron

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 09:27 PM

I will set up a log in the appropriate forum ( when I can post there :biggrin: ) Right now I have some spores going on agar... spores I swabbed off a grocery store mushroom. SO MUCH CONTAMINATION.  I've got yeast, some unknown bacteria and green mold... In addition to a few nice puffy tomatose mycelium growths. I'm feeling it's not going to be worth it cleaning up these plates, I'm going to go get some more mushrooms from the store and try to clone.

• coorsmikey, Mrs.Hippie3 and Mycol like this

#4243 Terrrrapin

Terrrrapin

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 10:05 PM

Hello Mycoworld,

I come from Shroomotopia. I was wtf. We had a great family over there. I am very interested in joining this one. I went to ET, and found out the bad news no slides to review. I lost all my prints in one of my last three moves. That's ok i started with out them in the beginning. I have a lot to contribute to the site. Looking forward to meeting some old friends as well. I would also like to help the site, in any possible. It's been a long time since my last grow. I still have all the tools of the trade and ready to jump back in.

Favorite strain : Burma

2nd ; wikidzon

I wish I didn't load and delete all my pics off my phone and just leave them on shroomotopia.

It'a nice to be here with all you folks!

• coorsmikey and bezevo like this

#4244 ThaNorthernPike

ThaNorthernPike

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 October 2020 - 07:05 PM

Hello, I've been lurking this site for about 3 months. I started my Mycology interests years ago but recently decided to go balls out and step up my game. I cook about 40 hrs a week and work on my mushrooms about 60 hrs a week. Essentially every spare minute is spent figuring out how to successfully grow mushrooms. I recently converted half of my bedroom into a mycology Lab. Well it's a heat controlled room with plastic walls so far and about 10 spawn bags that I hope are not developing Trich. My first 2 did. None of my Jars get it though. I started pcing my bags for 2 hours instead of 90 and making sure they are above 15 psi the hole time. Last night my pc ran out of water about 5 min before my alarm went off. Only because an hour into the run my pressure weight actually launched off my Pc. I thought it might of gotten plugged so I killed the heat and checked on my cardboard wall insulaters that keep my bags from touching the walls and melting, Things looked good so I sealed it up and was going for another 1.5 hrs from the time it reached 15 psi. I should of added a little water when i opened it. My cardboard caught on fire apparently, didn't know that was possible under pressure. But it is. My bag actually didn't melt, it was on top of my 7 quart jars. I got some unicorn bags in the mail today, hoping they hold up better than the no name 33 cents a piece, 8 pounders on amazon bags. Got me a 5mm impulse sealer last week to. My old one was my mom's from the 80s when she owned a store decorating company. It was only 2 mmm. I joined shroomery and have asked a few questions there but I can't find where You make new posts again. I looked for like 20 min. I know you can, because I've started a couple. Whatever. Shroomery is cool but can be frustrating. I need a place I can go and hopefully find quick answers. Much of my time everyday is spent researching. Probably about 3 hrs a day. Id like to cut that down to about 1 hr hopefully. My newest undertaking is building a laminar Flow hood, i got a fan. I don't have a fan curve for it. It was a top of the line inline grow fan from about 5 years ago. Built for charcoal filters. It has 2762 RPM. It's very efficient and does not lose much power when under resistance. I paid alot for it 5 years ago. Like 350 bucks. I emailed the company but apparently they went out of business or were bought out by some giant grow source Company. I am wondering if anyone knows how to at least estimate the fan Curve if you have the RPM. I have the label on the back. With all the power info 60hz, 2.4A 250watts, and some weird physics equations with no values. E.g. Ta/Tm. E.g. P 1N. I need to figure out how big of Hepa filter to reconniter. Or maybe someone just tell me if you think I could do a 24 by 36? It's compact but a tank of a fan? I've been online for about 2 hrs trying to figure out the CFM. However that does me no good rvem if I find it because each fan has a different efficiency. Any advice would be appreciated.

#4245 ThaNorthernPike

ThaNorthernPike

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 October 2020 - 08:05 PM

I just typed out a lengthy introduction and It disapeared. So ill just cut to the chase. I have an Inline fan. No idea how many CFM it is. Cant find it online, it's 2762 RPM, 10 inch inline. Built for a carbon filter. It's 2.4 A. 250 W. I remember when I bought it several years ago the box said either 700 something CFM or 1300 cfm. I was buying alot of equipment at the time. There is no manufacturer listed. It cost like 300 something dollars and really sucks good and hard even when resisted, is There a way to figure out If this would work for a 36 by 24 inch laminar flow hood with a total resistance of whatever the most typical Heppa and prefilter have that works for mycological purposes? What other info would I need to figure out the CFM? And if i do find the CFM don't I need the fan curve for that fan to be accurate. Obviously not every fan has a fan curve made for them. How do i go about doing this.? Any help would be great.

#4246 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 7,369 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 October 2020 - 08:29 PM

Welcome to Mycotopia! I didn't read all your first post because the lack of breaks and then when I got to Shroomery I lost interest and just approved it. I think you may be asking some tech question which is great, but might better suited for after your welcome wagon three posts as the people to answer are going to be in the appropriate forums hopefully answering questions. We do have some techie folk that love talking filters so please save the effort and ask in one of those threads. Not trying to sound like a dick but trying to steer ya into one more post and encouraging to engage where there will be the appropriate traffic and get the right crowd going on your questions. But when you do get there and you lose what you wrote here is this lil often un-noticed feature that the site does. Autosave so you can recover what you lost.

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 7.28.57 PM.png

Edited by coorsmikey, 14 October 2020 - 08:30 PM.

#4247 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,475 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 October 2020 - 08:35 PM

Welcome to topia guys.. when you are able to post on the forums make a thread and you will get more help with any issues you are having

#4248 Bostock1957

Bostock1957

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 09:19 PM

Hello Everyone,

Glad to have found this site.  In home they call me Bostock for short but you're welcome to call me Bo.

And home is, well let's just say that TulsaTown is close enough! lol  Livin on Tulsa Time for sure!

Been in the business since '79, so feel free if I can answer any questions or I may be the one asking you the newer ways I have heard of to produce more.  I'm looking for this to be a big business in the near future and I'd love to be in on the ground floor of something!

Like Will Rogers, I never met a man (or woman) I didn't like so feel free !  (added that woman part myself, don't think Will thought of it)

Have fun and enjoy,

Bo

Livin on Tulsa Time!

#4249 getsillycybin

getsillycybin

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 10:50 AM

Excited to join this community! Working on my first Monotubs now!

#4250 MrsPeacock1984

MrsPeacock1984

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 12:26 PM

Hello fellow mycologists!

I've been slowly learning the ins and outs about mycology over the past 5 months and perfecting my organic millet recipe. Long story short, I've been working on getting organic, local, celiac friendly mycelium and bulk substrate perfected. Maybe some day soon I'll post my Tek so others can use hulled millet without it becoming mush and contaminated with every bacteria under the sun  :bat:

Definitely looking forward to being part of such an awesome forum!

Mrs Peacock

#4251 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,475 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 October 2020 - 01:02 PM

post-115328-0-71515900-1602871341.jpg

post-102525-0-55969500-1437828751.jpg

Edited by Skywatcher, 16 October 2020 - 09:10 PM.

• Skywatcher likes this

#4252 Choices

Choices

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 589 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 09:24 PM

Welcome to topia,great site, great helpful people with an exponential amount of information. Hope you plant some roots and grow. Choices.
  • Mrs.Hippie3 likes this

#4253 greenskeeper

greenskeeper

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 03:36 AM

Hello friends. My biggest interest here is cacti, but it's all interesting. I've learned a lot from this site and others and I hope to contribute some too.

• Mrs.Hippie3 likes this

#4254 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 7,500 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 October 2020 - 08:38 AM

Welcome greenskeeper !

Two more posts here, and we hope to see you enjoying all the forums !

#4255 toldmedat

toldmedat

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 09:56 PM

Hey

It's so lovely here, I just had to be a part of this community. I've decided to build a small psychedelic garden and I'm using this to connect with like minded people. My first fruit is going to be mushroom. I am trying different grains (so far my favorite is brown rice sadly). I want my garden to be automated too. So it can outlive me (kidding?). I have so much questions. But presently I'm stocking up on materials to try agar. Cheers for taking the time to read this. I appreciate all of you.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

#4256 GranpaTrips

GranpaTrips

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 11:32 PM

Hello Mycotopia!!  My names GranpaTrips and Im a new member.Im also a grandfather and a shroomer,hence the name "Granpa Trips".

#4257 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,349 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted Yesterday, 09:51 AM

Welcome! Glad you've joined us!

#4258 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 585 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted Yesterday, 10:23 AM

Hey
It's so lovely here, I just had to be a part of this community. I've decided to build a small psychedelic garden and I'm using this to connect with like minded people. My first fruit is going to be mushroom. I am trying different grains (so far my favorite is brown rice sadly). I want my garden to be automated too. So it can outlive me (kidding?). I have so much questions. But presently I'm stocking up on materials to try agar. Cheers for taking the time to read this. I appreciate all of you.

Welcome toldmedat! Nothing wrong with using brown rice. I’ve used lots of other grains, more than I can remember lol. Lately I’ve been using brown rice on all my grows. I don’t have much storage space so it’s convenient just to buy small amounts of rice as needed. By the way, you won’t regret working with agar.

#4259 toldmedat

toldmedat

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:58 AM

Hey

Welcome toldmedat! Nothing wrong with using brown rice. I’ve used lots of other grains, more than I can remember lol. Lately I’ve been using brown rice on all my grows. I don’t have much storage space so it’s convenient just to buy small amounts of rice as needed. By the way, you won’t regret working with agar.
Thank you. Fingers crossed on the agar

#4260 Stankfoot

Stankfoot

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 1 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:41 PM

hello all.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!