#4301 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 7,529 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2020 - 12:09 PM

Welcome Back! Just PM me with  what you think the email registered to abbr or something I can verify that its your account. Once verified I will swap the old account email with the current account's so you can do a password reset to get access to the abbr amount.

#4302 Choices

Choices

Kindred Soul

• Black VIP
  • 711 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 01:24 PM

Welcome to topia, glad you made your
Way here and glad your rekindling your love affair with mushys. Hope To see you around more.
-choices.

#4303 SolitaryTree

SolitaryTree

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 03:37 PM

Good Morning fam. I’m new here and beginning my journey into this world of growing my own. Most likely going to have a lot of noob questions so please be kind.

• Tycelium likes this

#4304 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 967 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2020 - 04:13 PM

welcome !

you are the Acacia Tree of Life  ..

GOOD LUCK !

heres link below to  a thread about the  latest PF tek maybe best tek for beginers

Magic For The Masses  .............

In the very first post is a link for a Free PDF book ...Yaaaaa  Free book , good luck

https://mycotopia.ne...for-the-masses/

#4305 SolitaryTree

SolitaryTree

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 05:37 PM

Thank you Mycopiate! I'm going to have to make that my avatar! And thanks for the links! I have done the older PF Tek from fungifun a few times but my colleague was a bit too careless with it lol.

#4306 Smokiesshrooms

Smokiesshrooms

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 06:28 PM

Hello everyone. Hope everyone has a good holiday! And I have done a grow with jars and i think i want to try a bulk grow now. I have supplies on the way from Midwest grow supply. Wish me luck.

#4307 SolitaryTree

SolitaryTree

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 07:51 PM

Hey there smokey! Good luck man! I am new myself. Here are my Golden Teachers about ready

Attached Thumbnails

• mush.jpg

• ElPirana likes this

#4308 SolitaryTree

SolitaryTree

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 11:25 PM

Wow so that pic was a few hours ago. The veil broke wide off!!

Got them drying right now in the dehydrator at 160*F Since they got harvested after the veil broke will they be less potent?

Attached Thumbnails

• 20201125_200923.jpg

• ElPirana likes this

#4309 Sharonlovesu2

Sharonlovesu2

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 November 2020 - 11:47 AM

Hi there im sharon and im excited about getting started with the first inoculations I have prepared popcorn tek, w.v.s. and experiment with grass seed, w.b.s chiq seed and quinoa grain also added a spoon of coffee to each. Using p.c and mason jars. I have spread prints and was suggested to use agar which I cant find. Is anyone familiar with Pectin or any other suggestions? eeae70a47fa45ec0b67af4e84a849f48.jpg

Sent from my SM-G9650 using Tapatalk
  • Tycelium likes this

#4310 Sharonlovesu2

Sharonlovesu2

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 November 2020 - 01:42 PM

p.s

im not sure if i posted this right

thank you

#4311 Tycelium

Tycelium

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 November 2020 - 03:01 PM

Hi there im sharon and im excited about getting started with the first inoculations I have prepared popcorn tek, w.v.s. and experiment with grass seed, w.b.s chiq seed and quinoa grain also added a spoon of coffee to each. Using p.c and mason jars. I have spread prints and was suggested to use agar which I cant find. Is anyone familiar with Pectin or any other suggestions?

Hey Sharon, I ordered agar dishes from TipOfTheCapMushrooms on Etsy.  He is fast and good, and will be back at it early December, after his move to Michigan is complete.  Check out this video which will give you a general idea for recipe and process and then check out the vast library of agar videos on youtube for how to do agar.  I prefer to purchase premade because I have limited space at this time. 

[Direct Link]

• Sharonlovesu2 likes this

#4312 Tycelium

Tycelium

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 November 2020 - 03:05 PM

Mother_Mycelium on reddit r/sporeswap is selling 25 agar dishes right now for $10.  Deal is good through November 30th.  Good luck!

#4313 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 699 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 November 2020 - 04:05 PM

Good luck on your grows everyone!

• OldFart1971, Tycelium and Sharonlovesu2 like this

#4314 Dedonthevine2112

Dedonthevine2112

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 November 2020 - 08:06 PM

Hello all. New to the forum and have a few years growing cubes in a box. I'm looking to expand a little into the basement and am looking for any help or advice I can get. Thanks for having me!

• OldFart1971, Tycelium and Sharonlovesu2 like this

#4315 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,446 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 November 2020 - 10:17 PM

Glad you've joined us. Welcome to Mycotopia!

#4316 Sharonlovesu2

Sharonlovesu2

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 November 2020 - 04:51 AM

Thank you very much for the info. I will be checking himnout..love etsy...

#4317 Sharonlovesu2

Sharonlovesu2

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 November 2020 - 04:53 AM

Mother_Mycelium on reddit r/sporeswap is selling 25 agar dishes right now for $10. Deal is good through November 30th. Good luck!

Nice.. I did t even think to look on there. 2cbd person to suggest etsy lol
I thank you..

#4318 mycro

mycro

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 12:23 PM

Hi, I recently took an interest in mushroom cultivation. I've been lurking in these forums for about 3 weeks now and learning everything I can. I really like the quality of discussion and am looking forward to my time here.

#4319 Sharonlovesu2

Sharonlovesu2

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 04:36 PM

Hi there im sharon and im excited about getting started with the first inoculations I have prepared popcorn tek, w.v.s. and experiment with grass seed, w.b.s chiq seed and quinoa grain also added a spoon of coffee to each. Using p.c and mason jars. I have spread prints and was suggested to use agar which I cant find. Is anyone familiar with Pectin or any other suggestions?

Hey Sharon, I ordered agar dishes from TipOfTheCapMushrooms on Etsy. He is fast and good, and will be back at it early December, after his move to Michigan is complete. Check out this video which will give you a general idea for recipe and process and then check out the vast library of agar videos on youtube for how to do agar. I prefer to purchase premade because I have limited space at this time. https://youtu.be/eFtIVNb_wbU
Omg I just read this and thank you so very much to provide info. I will check him out I myself found mushroomsupply.com and do see theirs multiple sales of everything on Etsy we gotta get on some of that lol.. I went on a wild goose chase through my vall(Coachella Valley California) and had a hell time finding agar, either sold out or mixed with sugars, so I got a ton of variety thinking I could separate it. Wth was I thinking finally caught agar at whole foods. So I've made my trays of a oatmeal and potatoe agar I have yet to mess with the spore print. I have 3 of my collection I will choose one MAZ,MOLABAR, PEZ AMAZONIAN. I want to use the most patient forgiving one to start maybe 2 if I get ballzy. I will hopefully see that I have clean spores one they hit the agar. Best if luck to you and thanks again.

#4320 mycro

mycro

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 09:35 PM

The packets of "telephone" brand agar-agar are available on eBay, too.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!