• Please log in to reply
4431 replies to this topic

#4421 Cosmicwave

Cosmicwave

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 11:33 AM

Hello everyone, I'm happy to be here. I'm from Brazil, and here the scenario of mycology is superficial, I hope to be part of this advance, learning from all of you, to teach my countrymen. Thank you very much.
  • Sidestreet and MushyTushy like this

#4422 shiftingshadows

shiftingshadows

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 02:07 PM

I was reading the post about flowhoods, and the possibility of combining filters to make a bigger flow area was forgotten. An example of this may be seen on youtube in this video: 

Mushroom Mycelium Tissue Culturing in Liquid and Agar Media , by Southwest Mushrooms. I see at Southwest Mushrooms, he actually has 3 different units ( which reduces the weight of the whole setup should one ever need to move it).

Edited by Myc, 10 April 2021 - 03:43 PM.

#4423 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,054 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 April 2021 - 07:17 PM

i think i took  LSD-25 when i was 16 ........in retrospect it was seemingly an unwise decision ...................but .....................It actually  was a good thing for me .

OK BACK TO THE POINT OF THIS THREAD 

WELCOME ! 

Please  all you New guys and gals feel free to PM me with any questions ect .

after you  explore current  threads and THE VAST Archive of past Knowledge . lots amazing good stuff.

Please  particepate in threads creat your own ......BE KIND !

I also want you to consider  Giving a Donation $ to help  pay the bills here if you like it . here. 

Become a VIP GOLD MEMBER  ...  wait not the Austin Powers GOLD MEMBER !

Ok  you do get a few perks with this  like GOOD KARMA  ! Awsome ! 

Also access to the VIP TRADING BOARD   for Spores &seeds CONTESTS  ect .......

legal stuff dammit ha ha ..This right here is worth a small donation .

NOT TO MENTION THE AWESOME CHAT !

Lat of all i stole  ok borrowed SwingStreets   no wait thats a Jazz thing....I meant SideStreets cool WELCOME BANNER !

gallery_102525_1500_25815.jpg

Thanks

BEZ

I

Edited by bezevo, 10 April 2021 - 07:18 PM.

• Moonless likes this

#4424 Ringo

Ringo

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 April 2021 - 07:32 PM

Yee-haw... I made it in. Had a little trouble with the email confirmation so big kudos to Zen for getting me in.

New to shrooms. Been growing pot for about 50 years. Did plenty of psychedelics in the 60's and 70's but nothing since. Looking forward to my first shroom grow. I have everything I need except spores and they will be here this week. So... I am off and running.

Looks like a ton of great info. I'll be reading more than posting but if you have a pot forum here, maybe I can contribute there.

Thanks again

• Moonless likes this

#4425 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 8,022 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 April 2021 - 08:21 PM

Welcome! And I also echo "Go Zen!" Mucho Kudos for what you do here!

#4426 Entheogens

Entheogens

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 April 2021 - 09:10 PM

Greetings Mycotopia family!

Been cultivating for just over a year now, and as much as I feel like I've learned a lot, I know that I've only just begun the journey of mycology. I am excited to be here to seek some answers, and be able to learn, from some of the obvious veterans of the community and practice.

Pleasure to meet you all! Mush love!

• Sidestreet likes this

#4427 shiftingshadows

shiftingshadows

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 April 2021 - 11:46 PM

Here is a link to some great wild mushroom photography, and ecology info, in Australia. Title: " Stephen Axford: How fungi changed my view of the world"

[Direct Link]

• Sidestreet likes this

#4428 dcstonum

dcstonum

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 12:05 PM

Greetings mycotopia,
I have to say, this has been the best online forum for furthering my myco knowledge. So, thanks all, honestly.
  • Sidestreet likes this

#4429 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,802 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 April 2021 - 05:28 PM

Lat of all i stole  ok borrowed SwingStreets   no wait thats a Jazz thing....I meant SideStreets cool WELCOME BANNER !

Can't take credit!  I made none of those but I love spreading them around.  :)

• Skywatcher likes this

#4430 Kidbuu

Kidbuu

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:56 PM

Hi everybody! I come from shroomery, but I'm a total newbie, I'm just starting.

I had a VERY rough start, first attending a workshop where some wrong information was given and then buying a ridiculously expensive contaminated grow kit (I know I know, grow kits are shit, and it's true, I learned it the hard way). The kit came with two brf jars. One of them was ENTIRELY, and I literally mean entirely covered in cobweb, and the other one took 6 weeks to kinda colonize (totally bacterial). I was told to fruit in jar since there was no point in wasting resources in something like that (which is true), so I applied a thick ass peat moss casing (cause I'm a noob), to which the mycelium managed to form some hyphal knots on top. I was really excited. And then it stalled completely...I buried that thing but it didn't work.

So anyways, I started doing my own stuff from scratch. I don't have a PC or a tall pot (that's why I bought the kit on the first place), but I used some deep brain thinking and stuff to come up with a way to sterilize my jars. I used a big metallic jug-looking thing I had in my kitchen, and placed a glass dish on top. Worked great!!!

Some pics:
The jar on the left had it's mycelium appear March 4th. The other pic is what it looked a few days ago (2 weeks later, SUPER FAST!)

https://ibb.co/tPyQZWN

https://ibb.co/gd84Vmg

I have some questions but I know this is not the right place so I'm gonna wait until I can post on the cultivation forum.

btw does anybody know why I can't change my profile picture?

Anyways, nice to meet you all

• Sidestreet and ElPirana like this

#4431 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 7,693 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted Yesterday, 08:09 PM

Welcome Kidbuu !

You have 2 more posts to make here in the welcome mat to become a free member. You will be able to change your profile picture then.

Please upload pictures directly to this site. They show fine, right now, but inevitably the link will get corrupted. Once they are uploaded here they stay.

Looking forward to your shares as you go. You will find a lot of good help, and hopefully make some friends here !

• ElPirana, Moonless and Kidbuu like this

#4432 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,802 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted Today, 04:20 AM

Welcome Kidbuu, thanks for toughing it out so you could join us.  Also good work toughing out the first growing pains and making it work to achieve your first good jars.

• ElPirana and Kidbuu like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!