22 replies to this topic

#21 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,693 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 June 2019 - 03:57 PM

You can also air dry with a fan in the summer until they’re as dry as they’re going to get and then stick em in a paper bag in the crisper in your fridge. They’ll dry out the rest of the way in there. I used tyvek mailers.. you just don’t want to seal them up in a baggie.. needs to be breathable.

Just make sure you eat them right away when you take them out, because they’ll get water condensation on them from being cold.

Faht

Edited by fahtster, 04 June 2019 - 03:58 PM.

• Myc likes this

#22 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,932 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 June 2019 - 06:31 AM

I dry mine with a dehydrator at 125 degrees and they are dry in 10 - 15 hours, then they go right into a seal-a-meal bag and into the freezer.

They are nearly as potent as when fresh, and will keep for decades... ha ha , well, they could keep for decades...

• fahtster likes this

#23 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,693 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 June 2019 - 04:34 PM

I dry mine with a dehydrator at 125 degrees and they are dry in 10 - 15 hours, then they go right into a seal-a-meal bag and into the freezer.

They are nearly as potent as when fresh, and will keep for decades... ha ha , well, they could keep for decades...

Definitely not discouraging anyone from getting a dehydrator.. by far the best, for sure. Just saying that if you don’t have one and need a quick summer fix, the crisper works in a pinch. :thumbsup:

Faht

Edited by fahtster, 05 June 2019 - 04:35 PM.

• sandman and firerat like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!