• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Thirdeyeplants

Thirdeyeplants

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 02:53 PM

Ball jars, 2 piece lids. I just cleaned the area and replaced the foil with micropore. Beginners mistake... I thought that seemed a little vulnerable with just foil...

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

#22 Thirdeyeplants

Thirdeyeplants

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 02:53 PM

Ball jars, 2 piece lids. I just cleaned the area and replaced the foil with micropore. Beginners mistake... I thought that seemed a little vulnerable with just foil...

#23 joeya

joeya

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 162 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 03:20 PM

We got your back! Good luck, you're at the hardest part now---waiting!   I think most people start out the way you are, and most of us probably looked our jars over every single day, jumping at the first glimpse of anytrhing white in the jar. The best advice you can get for this phase is this; once you have your jars sitting where they are going to incubate, leave them alone. Don't even think about them for a week! Then, go ahead and look for anything that may be wrong. There won't be, if you followed the tek right, but you will have the need to look just for your own peace of mind! 

Honestly, you can look at them any time you want, it won't hurt them, but it won't help them either and will just have you wondering why it's taking so long. We all started that way, and all obsessed over them. 

Good luck!

#24 Thirdeyeplants

Thirdeyeplants

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 26 posts

Posted Today, 04:48 AM

Its only been a few days and I have been really good about checking temps twice a day and not over obsessing, should I be fanning them in the incubation stage. My incubator is just a plastic tub with a few small holes. How much FAE do they need at this stage. Or should I keep them locked in to avoid any contams that may be present in a damp basement...

#25 Thacan

Thacan

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 8 posts

Posted Today, 09:22 AM

I am right behind you; inoculated yesterday. My first batch as well.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!