- Spore print to malt/yeast agar, clean in 1 transfer.
I made no attempt at an isolation, I simply chose the most vigorous leading edge of the 1st plate.
- Grain spawn - 2 : 1 / Ryegrass seed : weak coffee (by volume) + pinch of gypsum. Sterilized 60 mins @ 15PSI.
- Several agar wedges were used to inoculate the ryegrass seed. Jar was then shaken vigorously for 1 minute.
- Grain spawn incubated at 78F, fully colonized in 12 days.
- Bulk substrate was prepared using the following recipe (yields 2 quart-sized wide-mouth jars loosely packed for easy emptying):
- 140g dry coconut coir
- 50ml fine used coffee grounds
- 50ml oat bran
- 50ml clean sand
- 12.5ml gypsum
- 12.5ml calcium carbonate
- Approx. 750ml reverse osmosis water. Boil half to hydrate coir and add the rest gradually until field capacity is reached.
- Sterilize 90 mins @ 15PSI
- (These are all approximate measurements; a little more or less of each is fine)
- Incubated at 78F, fully colonized in 10 days
- Cased at 1/4" depth with 10 : 1 : 0.5 = Peat moss : Calcium carbonate : Sand (by volume). Hydrated to field capacity with reverse osmosis water, sterilized 90 minutes at 15PSI. Fill your casing jars only 2/3 full so they may be easily shaken to evenly distribute moisture. This way unused casing may be stored in the refrigerator, while maintaining proper hydration.
- Fruited at 70-75F using this fruiting chamber.
- Light misting (8-10 pumps) twice daily until pins appeared, then misting reduced to once daily until harvest (or more as required when caps appeared dry).
- Spore prints taken on tin foil in front of flow hood inside of upside-down well-sealing plastic shoebox tote. Caps were removed from foil after 24 hours and prints were allowed to dry in front of flow hood for 15 minutes or so.
The following improvements to the referenced fruiting chamber TEK were made for this grow:
- CPU fan moved from the back of the tote to the center of the lid for more even airflow. Clear packing tape was used to seal the old fan port.
- Fanning schedule changed to 3 minutes, 4 times daily, spaced 6 hours apart (for entire duration of grow).
- I no longer bother monitoring humidity, as the chamber effectively keeps it at 95% or above with minimal daily misting.
Edited by DonShadow, 02 June 2019 - 09:55 AM.