• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 paridox

paridox

VIP Member

• OG VIP
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 02:27 AM

ive used a martha before and i have photos from it from my grows years ago on here. TBH and just my opinion, marthas arent the best. mine was fully automated with fans on a timer along with a humidifier. I ended up with a small yeild and small fruit. but again, just from my experiments with 3 different kinds of p. cubensis. I noticed I got skinny thin spindling fruits: meaning there was to much carbon dioxide in the martha, I had a fan and would leave it open and leave the humidifier to keep the humidity at 80%. now again I could have been doing something wrong as I was working a 9-5 at the time, and im more than certain you could make it work great. but the time and TLC that's involved is insane imo. Bags or tubs imo are some of the best methods for yield. 

But fr im not gonna lie, a martha is cool to walk up too and open and see the fruits Just in my opinion its one of the most time consuming ways to grow, and you open your grow to complications such as mold, bacteria, and fruit flies vs a closed environment sealed and contains everything mushies need to grow where you don't have to worry so much about those issues.

#22 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 938 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 06:05 AM

My Martha from many years past in the archives. Explore the whole thread and see the build from start to finish.

I loved it but eventually abandoned it.

Way to many negatives and a high maintenance setup.
Supposed to be automatic but with a daily check I was able to overcome the shortcomings.

My advice is to not go there.

I was toying with the idea of using a tent to combat contams. I was thinking of just using a dubtub or SGFC on the shelves. Consolidation. My tent has its own ventilation fans with hepa filters. A friend gave it to me when he stopped growing, for my gardening plants.

Maybe one day I'll get frisky

Edited by MsBehavin420, 13 June 2019 - 06:06 AM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!