3 replies to this topic

#1 elunicotomas

elunicotomas

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 01:26 PM

Hi!

We (me and a friend) are drying the shrooms of our first time growing and we see that in the paper towel where the shrooms are drying there are spores left, we already made a couple of prints in aluminium foil, but are this in paper towel ok to use in a future?

Thanks!

IMG-20190601-WA0074.jpg

#2 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,798 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 June 2019 - 01:34 PM

if the drying is being done in the open air garbage spores and bacteria will obviously fall on the paper towel and be present if you try to grow the "blue" spores out

you'd pay your money and take your chances if you tried an indoor grow

but I'd think them ideal for an outdoor grow where you got some mycellium growing from the spores on the paper towel, maybe on corn or other grain, and transferred pdq to an outdoor bed already prepared.

It's one possibility. Outdoor grows seem quite resilient to the things that normally muck up an indoor grow

• wharfrat and elunicotomas like this

#3 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,539 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 June 2019 - 01:48 PM

The spores on the paper towel are worth a shot. 

You'll need to start on agar. Nothing else will be sufficient. Start culture on a two-dimensional surface and make transfers until you have clean culture if you plan on doing grainspawn and other aseptic culture. 

Or you could try using the moistened paper towel to inoculate an outdoor substrate composed of aged manure. 

I would just prep the bed and lay the paper towel out flat on top. Cover with a thin layer of manure and casing. Wait and see what happens. No sterile technique required whatsoever. 

• wharfrat and elunicotomas like this

#4 elunicotomas

elunicotomas

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 05:30 PM

Thanks for your responses!  I've already made proper print in tin foil so I ' thow away this paper towels

• wharfrat likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!