Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

First time Grower - What is this Scary color?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ruan

Ruan

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 05:32 PM

Hi There!

First time grower, and Damn its awesome to see a massive community like this that I never thought existed!

So, little background on my first time (and then my strange color question)

I bought 2 spore syringes, one PE and one Panaeolus cyanescens Jamaican, and both of them I inoculated around 9 BRF Cakes with vermiculite and brown rice flour.

PE

So after my cakes were all nice and white, I put them into a bag, and moistened that sucker up. After 2/3 weeks, Nothing. That's when I found this awesome community, read up that PE doesn't jam with BRF Cakes

So, I dunked them, grated them up, and threw them into a mini monotub following this guys instructions https://www.youtube....h?v=5mmx9jBGR0w

And I made two bags, just to test it out, see if it'l work.

Now I just wait. and Hope it grows.

First question, do you guys think that will still work?

Panaeolus cyanescens Jamaican

They are a bit behind the PE, so they are still colonizing the substrate. But... they are turning a small bit blue.. 

I've read on here that it can be some bruising, but I haven't touched them yet. 

So, my question. Is this bruising, or is this Mold.... Please tell me it isn't mold

Also, my first post, so that's exiting. 

Thanks for the cool Forum!

Attached Thumbnails

• WhatsApp Image 2019-06-05 at 00.23.34.jpeg
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-06-05 at 00.23.35(1).jpeg
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-06-05 at 00.23.35.jpeg
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-06-05 at 00.28.35.jpeg
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-06-05 at 00.28.36.jpeg

• wharfrat likes this

#2 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,377 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 June 2019 - 06:47 PM

welcome to topia, glad to have you! that's just a lil bruising, as it might be on the dry side. but looks like it is chugging along nicely. job well done my friend  :thumbs_up:

#3 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,524 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 June 2019 - 07:11 AM

Welcome to 'topia!

#4 paridox

paridox

VIP Member

• OG VIP
  • 127 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 05:49 PM

theres some brusing from what i can see but if that spot turns green that wont be good. You went above and beyond with the spores you ordered, some of those take a little bit of tlc when fruiting. i do agree it looks a little dry. you might want to start using micro pore tape and or just a vermeculite covering the top of the jars as a way to allow them to breath and not get contams (foil needs to go :p). ive done both ways but prefer the micropore tape. careful on opening up the tops like that in open air while they are still growing mycelium. thats a quick way to get a contam off your breath or your shirt or the room your in with the fan blowing. Good job though with it being your first grow cant wait to see more!!!

Edited by paridox, 12 June 2019 - 05:52 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!