• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Misfit

Misfit

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 08:09 PM

The 56q bins I got have white opaque lids and I planned on stacking them in my computer room closet floor. There is a window that would provide ambient light but I’m not sure how far back into the bin it will actually go. I would guess I am about 5-7 days away from moving my trays in. Should I figure out a light situation that will attach inside the lid or just see how it goes with the ambient light? Stealth is not an issue so I could actually move them into the room. Just seeing if anyone has an insight on bins with opaque lids.
Thanks again for all the knowledge you guys pass on.
  • MycoAnt81 likes this

#2 MycoAnt81

MycoAnt81

Myco Myco Myco Ant

• Free Member
  • 544 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 June 2019 - 08:28 PM

A litle light, not so much that it could radiate alot of heat. I use small LED strips powered by a 12vdc converter. I like the control factor with artificial light. Good luck. Peace..

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
  • wharfrat and Misfit like this

#3 Misfit

Misfit

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 08:35 PM

That is where my thought process led me. I am assuming the brightness doesn’t matter? Figured I could just get a spool and daisy chain them up.
The other option was to cut the lids and recover with something translucent, but then the stacking idea is out the window

#4 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,257 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 June 2019 - 10:05 PM

If there's enough ambient light to see the mushrooms, you're fine.
  • roc, crazy1, firerat and 3 others like this

#5 Misfit

Misfit

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 10:17 PM

Thanks JK. Wasn’t sure exactly how much light needed to hit the back of the chamber
  • wharfrat and MycoAnt81 like this

#6 LegoMyego

LegoMyego

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 111 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 01:50 PM

I used to worry a lot about light.  I honestly don't think it matters.  I went all out and got a 6500K blue LED light and went a 12/12 cycle for my first growss with successful.  Then the next time I literally used no added light.  I had it on a closet shelf with a little light from the window and whenever I had a light on in the room.  Closet door was even closed most days.  It worked just the same.  

I think as long as it gets a little amount of light, that's all it needs.  Shrooms don't need light to live, it just tells them what direction to grow.  

• roc, MycoAnt81 and Misfit like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!