I had mastered growing cakes in shotgun fruiting chambers, and stopped about 10 years ago. I forget exactly how I was doing it and have a few questions -
1. Can wide mouth pint jars be used, or is half pint optimum?
2. Any suggestion on recipe? Have seen some people add coffee, oyster shells, gypsum, etc..
3. I thought I was using WBS, but read that does not work, unless ground (or maybe run through blender). Not a big deal, I bought brown rice flour and vermiculite today.
4. Do the cakes need to be cased with verm?? I do not recall doing that.
5. Is it easy to get a second flush from them? I just threw them out after one flush.
6. Any special concerns for PE?
I have some PE liquid culture sitting around for about a month, and hoping still good.