• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Boebs

Boebs

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 275 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 06:03 AM

With oakland legalizing magic mushrooms, who knows where this may go.

I know for one, they need to open them across the whole country
  • Samwise, Heirloom , wharfrat and 2 others like this

#2 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 09:48 AM

Lets hope this movement gains momentum in the same way that cannabis has.

My concern is that when it gets to the state level, they may try to restrict to only a pharmaceutical psilocybin rather than the use and/or possession of the actual mushrooms. Either way, it’s still a huge step forward and maybe shows that in general there is a more widely accepted opinion of these in society.
  • crazy1, Samwise, Heirloom and 2 others like this

#3 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,135 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 June 2019 - 10:36 AM

Heroic doses for Oakland cops.  It's the Law!

Edited by Alder Logs, 05 June 2019 - 10:36 AM.

• mushit, crazy1, Samwise and 4 others like this

#4 Boebs

Boebs

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 275 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 07:06 PM

To some a huge dose is 5 gs.. to others a grocery store bag full.. lol depends on the mind.

#5 Boebs

Boebs

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 275 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 07:07 PM

I can hope as for the state level laws, they would just stay out and fully open the door

#6 Samwise

Samwise

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 06:45 AM

Amazing news!! The times they are a changin'...  :smile:

#7 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,876 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 June 2019 - 08:08 PM

Yeah, if we could get rid of the these idiots who think that they ought to be in control of you and me...

That some morality they believe in, ought to be imposed on others despite the Constitution clearly stating a secular position...

If we could rid ourselves of these, we would be much freer than we are today.

Still it's progress, but it should be obvious by now that each of us has this right. Rights don't come from government, we have them, period. Any such law against a person putting in their body some substance, is none of the government's non-existent-god-damn business.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 07 June 2019 - 08:13 PM.

• mushit, crazy1, Alder Logs and 2 others like this

#8 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,893 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 June 2019 - 01:02 PM

When cannabis was decriminalized and sort-of-legalized there were a lot of people around who already knew not only how to grow it but also how to grow it at scale. So the very day it became legal to grow there were a helluva lot of grows going on and those who got in early did pretty well (to put it mildly), even with the relatively high amount of competition (so to speak).

When psychedelic fungi are legalized, there won't be nearly as many grows started that day because not nearly as many people know how to grow fungi vs. cannabis. And even fewer know how to grow fungi at scale (which is considerably more difficult than growing cannabis at scale). So if you gear-up now and are ready to open your School of Psychoactive Fungi Cultivation the day it becomes legal to do so you'll probably do pretty well, too.

There's a Gold Rush coming, and many of the members of this site are uniquely positioned to open a shop selling the myco-equivalent of picks and shovels when it does. I've already begun preparing (and I'm not kidding).

So start getting ready to make your knowledge and skills pay! And without risking being sent to prison this time! 

headbang

Edited by TVCasualty, 08 June 2019 - 01:03 PM.

• mushit, SteampunkScientist and Boebs like this

#9 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,135 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 June 2019 - 02:54 PM

So, when the commercial market finally opens, with perhaps the exception of cubensis strains, the names of varieties might actually have a bit more real meaning.  It will probably be a while before there are fifty versions of cyanescens. 

• Boebs likes this

#10 Boebs

Boebs

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 275 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 05:18 PM

Unless a few individuals happen to be working on it already and have not told people.

#11 Boebs

Boebs

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 275 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 05:21 PM

Also on further research, Oakland pretty much decriminalized all plants including peyote
  • SteampunkScientist likes this

#12 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 862 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 06:34 PM

Can we let the people out of jail before we let the rich sell it?
  • mushit, Myc, Alder Logs and 2 others like this

#13 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,876 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 June 2019 - 03:01 PM

It's about fucking time.

Just got to get rid of that industrial-government-religion complex.

And if mushrooms become more prevelent, I believe peace and freedom may also.

What kind of world would we live in today, if this had happened in the sixties, like it almost did?

#14 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,135 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 June 2019 - 03:44 PM

Unfortunately, it was the deep state (or: the unelected government/permanent government) that put down the psychedelic revolution by flooding the cities with heroin from their SE Asia operations.  The sad thing today is, that deep state is more entrenched by orders of magnitude than it was back then.  They've gotten by with 'friendly Fascism' over the intervening years.  This time around, the happy face will likely come off, and they really don't give a shit if they wreck the whole world to get their way. 

Aside from that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

• crazy1 and MsBehavin420 like this

#15 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,876 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 June 2019 - 04:37 PM

Perhaps... But I'm not so sure they have real power. Once the church held sway in the same brutal manner.

There seems always a force trying to stop the evolution of man, perhaps it's always been so.

In that case, let us get on with evolving.

#16 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 862 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 08:39 AM

Steampunk you said it right there church. You know as well as I do evolution never even happened.... (jk)
  • SteampunkScientist likes this

#17 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,135 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 June 2019 - 11:34 AM

We will of course be just as free as we have naturally always been when Fascism goes full bore.  We will be free to be more careful of those who maintain the idea that they are in power, and also aim the guns of entrenched bureaucracies.    So, there is real freedom, and there are the constraints of and over bodies.  Having both considerations, it is good to see the real, because the unreal will follow its own course.

• crazy1 and SteampunkScientist like this

#18 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,876 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 June 2019 - 04:04 PM

Unreal or not, I plan on doing whatever the fuck I want to... ;P
  • Myc, Juthro and Boebs like this

#19 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 862 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 05:30 AM

Free.. humph..theres no freedom. Theres just live by the rules they tell us to live by. The only freedom we have is of religion, and who fucking gives to rats asses about that?
Sorry guys but I'm on a down. Losing faith in "the system" and its players. Sick of fearing police driving behind me.and they love it. They looooove how scared we get when they're harassing . I cant I need anarchy

#20 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 05:49 AM

The entrenched government, the "powers that be" are losing control over the world they thought they ran. There actually is more freedoms than we've had in decades when it comes to cannabis and now the progression of psychedelics. We are not far off of cannabis being federally legal, as it has some legality in 23 states as of now. Lets hope the wave to legalize phychedelics keeps growing and moves forward.

The benefits of both of these blessings, can change our world in so many ways. Not only in physical health, but mental as well. And both of these are of the same importance

Peace

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!