• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kruskica

Kruskica

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 09:24 AM

I’m starting my first grow. First I bought a kit ( I know it is a lazy way) just to get a feeling of how mushrooms grow. Now my curiosity got the best of me and I ordered some supplies and spores. Hopefully soon I will be starting my own PF Tek.

Now back to the kit, I had pretty nice first flush 200 g, I dunked it and to my surprise got a second flush (was happy as a little kid). Now I have some concerns about the yellow color on the cake.
I thought I would try to dunk it again and I got pins!! Only now I’m not sure if I’m dealing with contamination or just dry mycelium? There is no bad smells coming from kit. Can anyone offer some advice?
04FFB29C-CD4F-40A5-B8BD-354793687945.jpeg 1EA137D2-C1E7-4D11-B492-8BC1E9393B3E.jpeg
Tok these today, pins are on the side of the cake. The strain is Golden Teacher.
Should I dispose the cake or wait to see what happens?

#2 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,525 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 June 2019 - 05:22 PM

Continue to mist and fan.

You can keep it isolated as to not expose anything else.

I think you are just seeing the normal sight of a substrate that is nearing the end of it's life cycle and has been stressed previously.

Welcome to 'Topia!

#3 Kruskica

Kruskica

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 04:59 AM

Continue to mist and fan.
You can keep it isolated as to not expose anything else.
I think you are just seeing the normal sight of a substrate that is nearing the end of it's life cycle and has been stressed previously.

Welcome to 'Topia!

Thank you so much for confirming my initial thought, being a noob I question everything. I started misting second day after dunking, and I got a lot of pins growing on sides. The customer support on the site where I bought the kit told me to throw it out and buy a new one. Right away I realized they have no idea about what is going on with mycelium. Anyway thank you again
  • roc likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!