#1 Sicshroom

Sicshroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 367 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 June 2019 - 08:12 AM

Hey does anyone here ever eat these? The flowers grow wild all over my area but I've never ate them before I harvested some seed but I'd like to talk to a few people who have some reference

http://imgur.com/gallery/oI0sjcY
This is the patch I took about 20 seed pods from today

Edited by Sicshroom, 06 June 2019 - 08:16 AM.

#2 joeya

joeya

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 458 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 08:33 AM

I used to play with the blue ones. I've been told the white ones like  in your video are toxic. I'd be disappointed to find out now that they aren't, when I lived in Rhode Island my back yard was covered with them!

#3 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,962 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 June 2019 - 08:44 AM

Morning glorys vary some in the content. I have tried them on several occasions. 

I used about 1/2 cup of seeds, ground up and made into a kind of "oatmeal".

I never got much from them. Pretty much that first level come up where you feel nervous and have some light wavy distortion, that never got any farther. Kind of a frustrating, like an almost got off lsd trip.

Be sure those are wild morning glorys, and not a henbane or datura.

• crazy1 and Coopdog like this

#4 firerat

firerat

Why am I so thirsty....

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,033 posts

Donator

Posted 06 June 2019 - 11:12 AM

Morning glorys vary some in the content. I have tried them on several occasions. 

I never got much from them. Pretty much that first level come up where you feel nervous and have some light wavy distortion, that never got any farther. Kind of a frustrating, like an almost got off lsd trip.

I did the same a few times with about the same results.

They made my legs cramp something awful too.

• mad420pumpkinz likes this

#5 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 181 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 11:23 AM

I tried morning glory seeds several times a few years ago before growing shrooms. Always used a cold water extraction in order to reduce nausea. The first few times I slowly increased dose (can’t remember now what we’re my dosages) and always had nausea and vomiting. After the nausea would finally subside, there was a strong body-high. I really enjoyed the body-high, enough to try multiple times. Finally on my last try, I increased the dose considerably and even swallowed some of the ground up seed mixture. The nausea and vomiting was beyond description. Eventually my wife gave me a few tokes on a joint, she literally had to hold it to my mouth cause I couldn’t move from the nausea. But the nausea went away and the body high was incredible! Before falling asleep, I did have some OEVs. The blanket on my bed moved in waves beautifully. Then my wife turned off the light and I saw some demons perched over our bed, but it didn’t bother me, couple other things I can barely remember then I passed out.
Make sure the seeds you use are the right ones.
It helps to have a strong stomach, obviously I don’t!
Also these will make you very drowsy and there is a very long slow come-up.

#6 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 181 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 11:26 AM

I did the same a few times with about the same results.

They made my legs cramp something awful too.

Those seem to be common experiences. You need to take a lot to get the expected results, but it can be hard on the body.

#7 Commienerd

Commienerd

Padawan

• Free Member
  • 336 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 01:09 PM

I've never had them before, but I bought the blue ones a while back to grow for this purpose. I hear the vascoconstriction is bloody awful. LSD gives me enough cramping in my neck and back. So I figured I wouldn't do these. I hear one can extract the LSA from them though.

I didn't know they grew straight from the ground. Always saw them as vines.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#8 Sicshroom

Sicshroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 367 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 June 2019 - 02:01 PM

Well all you I'm thankful for your inputs and after considering having to go back and find enough to get half a cup for a dose I don't think I'll be eating any. The seeds I picked I'm gonna add to my seed bank. I might try to plant some around my house as well. I'm not a big fan of nausea I had a hernia 6 years ago and vomiting pulls at the mesh and hurts for days after. All the feed back is nice to see on this topic. I love how much is outside where I live, nature is wonderful
  • Skywatcher likes this

#9 Boebs

Boebs

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 447 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 06:17 PM

I tried them got veryy sick. But did have a good time, it takes alott something like 300 seeds per person..
I used the heavily blues tho, highest alkaloids from my research

#10 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 819 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 09:34 PM

That’s not morning glory it’s bindweed.
https://en.m.wikiped...lvulus_arvensis
  • Myc, crazy1, firerat and 2 others like this

#11 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 283 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 09:29 AM

I have tried morning glorie seeds from the heavenly blue cultivar. Not much happened. Then I tried other LSA containing flowers specifically Hawaiian baby woodrose seeds which i could get pretty high and trippy from. I recommend an alcohol tincture and to strain out the seed material, the nausea is pretty bad but can also be part of the trip. I also recommend Hawaiian baby wood-rose seeds, in a proper extraction they are like a novel psychedelic on par with shrooms (in intensity).

The effects of LSA, the active ingredient in morning glory, are very heavy on the body, when tripping I would get very very tired and sluggish and you will probably be lying down soon.

Not all morning glories are psychoactive. Some may be harmful poison like the bindweeds, alternately some are edible crops like sweet potato. Thus I do not recommend going out and foraging their seeds for consumption. I highly don't recommend it without a way to analyze the sample for bad stuff.

Overall morning glory experiences were great ways for one to trip when one doesn't have any other psychedelics or is trying new things, however one should take cauction and get a positive identification on the flowers, or better yet buy them online.

Edited by Moonless, 07 June 2019 - 09:42 AM.

• Sicshroom and ElPirana like this

#12 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 770 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 June 2019 - 02:39 PM

Way back in the mid 70's .................ummm............i tried lots of things ,

Morning Glory's were one experiment i defiantly regretted.

Granted i might have over did it a bit .

i took  2 oz or maybe 4 oz OF SEEDS  ..ya important detail but it was long ago . i ground the seeds and put  them  in a glass jar with enough Ever Clear to cover them   , so shake soak for a week ... no hurry .. then strained that extract into another jar . then added more ever clear to the ground up seeds ,another week of shake and soak. , then i strained that and added that pull to first pull . then i poured onto a  cookie sheet to evaporate.

after the crude extract  had dried / evaporated  i rolled all of the sticky residue up and stuffed it into gel caps , 14 of them , THEN I SWALLOWED ALL OF THEM !

NEGATIVE DECISIONS !

OK did i TRIP  hell ya ..................i saw all kinds geometric patterns , walls breathing , wood grain wiggling   ect 

Awesome  ! Right ?.......................Well  awesome  if you like your tripping with  hours and hours of Cramping , Projectile Diarrhea And simultaneous Projectile Vomiting as you Trip ! 

So from my limited experience i can not recommend it !.

Definatly A

NEGATIVE DECISIONS !

ack ! ACK !

Edited by bezevo, 07 June 2019 - 02:44 PM.

• ElPirana and Moonless like this

#13 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 819 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 03:21 PM

A lot of that can be avoided by doing a non polar wash before the ethanol extraction.
  • mad420pumpkinz and Moonless like this

#14 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 2,164 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 June 2019 - 07:34 PM

Being old school, I never had the urge to try anything exotic, herbal wise.

Not enough of a buzz.

Acid, shrooms and weed are good enough for me.  :meditate:

• crazy1 likes this

#15 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 819 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 07:42 PM

MG is about as old school as it gets.
  • mushit and bezevo like this

#16 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 2,164 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 June 2019 - 07:52 PM

Hee hee.

I guess I am new school then.

You are correct.

Plants were consumed millennia before LSD was.

But shrooms and weed still stand. :biggrin:

#17 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 770 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 June 2019 - 10:38 PM

Norman i knew nothing of even basic Chemistry back then ............still don't . i  was following a tek from a crapy head shop  booklet . 

please do explain a non polar wash before the ethanol extraction  for us thannks

#18 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 819 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 11:31 PM

The crampy toilet trip alkaloids are mostly soluble in non polar solvent like ether, naptha, chloroform, etc. The good trippy alkaloids are soluble in ethanol. So you wash the ground seeds a couple of times in np solvent, dry the powder thoroughly, and extract with ethanol.
This is a huge oversimplification of a very basic extraction. There are a lot of very good procedures outlined in depth on this site. Director of Sound had a particularly good one awhile back.
  • Sicshroom, mad420pumpkinz and bezevo like this

#19 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 770 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 June 2019 - 12:02 AM

good simple  explanation  thanks

• Sicshroom likes this

#20 Sicshroom

Sicshroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 367 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 June 2019 - 07:14 AM

Way back in the mid 70's .................ummm............i tried lots of things ,
  Morning Glory's were one experiment i defiantly regretted.

Granted i might have over did it a bit .

i took  2 oz or maybe 4 oz OF SEEDS  ..ya important detail but it was long ago . i ground the seeds and put  them  in a glass jar with enough Ever Clear to cover them   , so shake soak for a week ... no hurry .. then strained that extract into another jar . then added more ever clear to the ground up seeds ,another week of shake and soak. , then i strained that and added that pull to first pull . then i poured onto a  cookie sheet to evaporate.

after the crude extract  had dried / evaporated  i rolled all of the sticky residue up and stuffed it into gel caps , 14 of them , THEN I SWALLOWED ALL OF THEM !

NEGATIVE DECISIONS !

OK did i TRIP  hell ya ..................i saw all kinds geometric patterns , walls breathing , wood grain wiggling   ect 

Awesome  ! Right ?.......................Well  awesome  if you like your tripping with  hours and hours of Cramping , Projectile Diarrhea And simultaneous Projectile Vomiting as you Trip ! 

So from my limited experience i can not recommend it !.

Definatly A

NEGATIVE DECISIONS !

ack ! ACK !

I remember this extract method from the anachronistic cookbook!!!!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!