• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cyrellon

cyrellon

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 03:40 PM

i made a first attempt at a grow on May 7th using the technique i saw from this youtube video

https://www.youtube....h?v=kc75VWsrnbM

I inoculated 2 grain bags from the site below

https://www.etsy.com..._active_1&crt=1

with 2.5 ml each of spore solution i got from this site

http://sporeworks.co...oscopy-Kit.html

i waited two weeks and saw no signs of growth or mold so i injected 2.5 ml again in each bag thus using up the remaining solution in the syringe. Its been about a month and still zero signs of any growth or contamination ect. I dont know what went wrong in the process, if i should simply just inject more spores or get new grain bags and completely restart with the same or different process.

Any advice or comments are welcome thanks!

#2 paridox

paridox

VIP Member

• OG VIP
  • 127 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 05:38 PM

What kind of spores did you purchase? what are your temps? are you using an incubator for your spawn bags? and no do not throw anymore money/spores into those bags :p. Temps and fresh air exchange are needed to be met daily with some moisture contained in the bag, but if you got them from sporeworks the bags should be fine and contain the correct moisture. now this has nothing to do with this, but in general be mindful on how much solution your shooting into your bags they do contain water and you can over do it. But def need more info. but it to me sounds like you either shot them up with the wrong spores or you're temps aren't correct or you have dead spores.  I would take those bags and put them in  an area that gets up to 82 degrees  with fresh air (meaning grab a box fan and fan them for about 2 mins max daily).

I noticed you said that you injected them basically twice per bag. Did you use a glove box flame the tip of the needle use Lysol? If you did use a needle and didn't let it cool off for 20 seconds you run the risk of burning the spores as they come out of the needle and into their food source. you may have contams to deal with if u didn't use any of those techniques once u get everything rolling. 

• cyrellon likes this

#3 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,392 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 June 2019 - 05:42 PM

sounds like bad spores.. I would not resuse the grain, as it might be contaminated now. 

#4 cyrellon

cyrellon

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:59 PM

the spores are Goldteacher from sporeworks, the spawn bags are simply sitting on top of my dresser at room temperature around 75 - 85 degrees. whenever i injected the spores both times i had a cap on the needle and sanitized the injection port with an alchohol swab

What kind of spores did you purchase? what are your temps? are you using an incubator for your spawn bags? and no do not throw anymore money/spores into those bags :p. Temps and fresh air exchange are needed to be met daily with some moisture contained in the bag, but if you got them from sporeworks the bags should be fine and contain the correct moisture. now this has nothing to do with this, but in general be mindful on how much solution your shooting into your bags they do contain water and you can over do it. But def need more info. but it to me sounds like you either shot them up with the wrong spores or you're temps aren't correct or you have dead spores.  I would take those bags and put them in  an area that gets up to 82 degrees  with fresh air (meaning grab a box fan and fan them for about 2 mins max daily).

I noticed you said that you injected them basically twice per bag. Did you use a glove box flame the tip of the needle use Lysol? If you did use a needle and didn't let it cool off for 20 seconds you run the risk of burning the spores as they come out of the needle and into their food source. you may have contams to deal with if u didn't use any of those techniques once u get everything rolling. 

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!