23 replies to this topic

#21 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,905 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 June 2019 - 03:25 PM

I had something hilarious to write but I forgot it. Womp. Hi TVCASUALTY! Long time no see.

My main point was that we should all be careful and mindful, but not to lose any sleep over it. Fun fact, my ear doctor found fungi growing in my ear wax! Cool huh?

Clone that shit!

You might find that it's a species new to science, in which case you'd get to name it!

Incidentally, I was laid-out pretty bad the past week and a half from an acute exposure to mold. It was in a garage where several restored Model-T Fords, some vintage Corvettes and a few old motorcycles were being stored (improperly without any climate control/dehumidification).

I could SEE the mold growing all over the upholstery, rubber, etc. The stench in there was very heavy with that dank, sick-sweet smell of an ongoing severe mold problem. And I live in a region that's so warm and humid that large colonies of trichoderma -among other fungi- can be found growing outside on open ground sometimes, so mold is often even a problem WITH climate control in use. As soon as I catch a whiff of that special aroma I head for the nearest door, so my exposure time was about 45 seconds, total.

That 45 seconds of exposure gave me what felt like a cheap-wine hangover that lasted 5 straight days (that was just the eye-squinting bright-light-is-painful headache part; the other symptoms (coughing, sneezing, staggering quantities of snot) are only just now starting to subside 10 days after I went in that damned garage). Granted, my bad reaction was to the metabolic gasses the mold produced, not to being infected by it.

I guess the point of that story is that mold fuckin' sucks.

• roc, crazy1 and HrVanker like this

#22 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,397 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 June 2019 - 05:00 PM

I had something hilarious to write but I forgot it. Womp. Hi TVCASUALTY! Long time no see.

My main point was that we should all be careful and mindful, but not to lose any sleep over it. Fun fact, my ear doctor found fungi growing in my ear wax! Cool huh?

Clone that shit!

You might find that it's a species new to science, in which case you'd get to name it!

Technically, my ear doctor discovered it, and he eradicated it with an anti-fungal powder.

That said, I did harness penis envy genetics that have reverted back to the original Amazon phenotype (?). It was one solo fruit off of the last flush off of a killer colony that I just printed for shits and giggles. Anyway, I needed fresh genetics and now they're in the rotation. They're dense.

I'll post it here when I finally stabilize and print them to share with the community, I've named them, wait for it, "Cat Penis":

https://mycotopia.ne...us-of-my-penis/

Actually, I can post tonight about where I am so far.

Edited by CatsAndBats, 17 June 2019 - 05:03 PM.

• HrVanker likes this

#23 Harlow

Harlow

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 09:50 PM

That is one of the things I love about this forum.  I can post something, which was wrong, and someone is willing to explain why it was wrong while being respectful and courteous.  We all learn from each other in a positive and prosperous manner.  Thank you guys!!

• HrVanker likes this

#24 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,397 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 June 2019 - 10:26 PM

That is one of the things I love about this forum.  I can post something, which was wrong, and someone is willing to explain why it was wrong while being respectful and courteous.  We all learn from each other in a positive and prosperous manner.  Thank you guys!!

Nothing but love. :biggrin:

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!