• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 namiir

namiir

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 08:41 AM

i really want to have my first experience in mushrooms but i don't know where to start and where i can find them . if you know any information please help me i'll be really glad .

i found a lot of species but i'm afraid to take any of them , and not sure if they are Psychoactive  :meditate: . 

#2 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,713 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 June 2019 - 09:42 AM

I moved this over to Wild Mushrooming since you're gearing up for a hunt. 

The sticky threads at the top of this forum consist of several types of guide for hunting wild mushrooms. I didn't find anything specific to your area.

• namiir likes this

#3 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,928 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 June 2019 - 07:37 PM

Welcome to 'Topia!

Sounds like you need to grow your own if your area doesn't produce in nature.

You came to the right place for advice and help.

• namiir likes this

#4 joeya

joeya

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 413 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 06:22 PM

I used to work with a guy from Ukraine, who was a voracious forager of edible mushrooms. We would often walk together at lunch and he would gather some even then. He told me there are some actives there, probably panaeolus cinctulus, which is everywhere, among others. Good luck, I hope you find some!

• Zen_ and namiir like this

#5 Foster

Foster

cyanophile

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,223 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 June 2019 - 12:57 AM

There are actives that grow in summer in the Shypit area/ Ukraine Carpathians. Besides the Fly Agaric,   Quite a journey from Kharkiv. 

Best to have an experienced guide who actually knows the area and specific habit

Of course never eat anything you cant be 100% sure of.

Any questionable finds, take lots of photos.

Location, (in situ), ,specific micro-environment (grass/dung etc.) 

Note the daytime and nigh time temps, elevation, surrounding habitat, weather conditions, date etc. All of the environmental factors can help in an ID.  

Then photograph the mushrooms harvested in as best detail as possible. Stems, base, caps, gills, cap /gill attachment, bruising, discoloring. size

Just any little detail you notice.

And of course take spore prints! keep the prints with each corresponding mushrooms stem and cap isolated/separated, in case you have more than one type.

Possible types from that area of Europe might include the afor mentioned pan cinctulus, Ps Serbica, ps semilanceata.   A friend told me Semis are what he finds.

check out:

Https://www.viceland.com/en_us/video/hamiltons-pharmacopeia-a-fungal-fairy-tale/5a500b20177dd46d9a08cad5

I have a few friends in Kiev who hunt edibles every year. Their English is ok, but my Ukraine is non existent :D. figuring out exactly what they hunt has proven difficult with translation. Good luck

• namiir likes this

#6 namiir

namiir

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 05:08 AM

wow this really helpful thank you so much 

There are actives that grow in summer in the Shypit area/ Ukraine Carpathians. Besides the Fly Agaric,   Quite a journey from Kharkiv. 

Best to have an experienced guide who actually knows the area and specific habit

Of course never eat anything you cant be 100% sure of.

Any questionable finds, take lots of photos.

Location, (in situ), ,specific micro-environment (grass/dung etc.) 

Note the daytime and nigh time temps, elevation, surrounding habitat, weather conditions, date etc. All of the environmental factors can help in an ID.  

Then photograph the mushrooms harvested in as best detail as possible. Stems, base, caps, gills, cap /gill attachment, bruising, discoloring. size

Just any little detail you notice.

And of course take spore prints! keep the prints with each corresponding mushrooms stem and cap isolated/separated, in case you have more than one type.

Possible types from that area of Europe might include the afor mentioned pan cinctulus, Ps Serbica, ps semilanceata.   A friend told me Semis are what he finds.

check out:

Https://www.viceland.com/en_us/video/hamiltons-pharmacopeia-a-fungal-fairy-tale/5a500b20177dd46d9a08cad5

I have a few friends in Kiev who hunt edibles every year. Their English is ok, but my Ukraine is non existent :D. figuring out exactly what they hunt has proven difficult with translation. Good luck

#7 namiir

namiir

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 05:09 AM

are the legal in Ukraine to buy magic mushrooms seeds ?

Welcome to 'Topia!

Sounds like you need to grow your own if your area doesn't produce in nature.

You came to the right place for advice and help.

#8 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,713 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 June 2019 - 09:34 AM

https://en.wikipedia...hrooms#_Ukraine

^^^If you trust this WIKI article, it states that spores are legal to posses for microscopy. 

• Foster and namiir like this

#9 namiir

namiir

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 09:12 AM

from where i can buy them ? internet ?

^^^If you trust this WIKI article, it states that spores are legal to posses for microscopy. 

#10 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,605 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 June 2019 - 10:11 AM

from where i can buy them ? internet ?

There are plenty of well known spore vendors online, not sure how your country deals with incoming mail.

Then there's this:

https://mycotopia.ne...-spore-auction/

• Foster and Myc like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!