#1 Suicideboyz

Suicideboyz

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 01:28 AM

Hi guys.

Hope you are doing well.

Would really like to discuss how to make growing a career. With the rapid changing of times I am pretty sure that in under 8 years magic mushrooms will be used in the mainstream for medical benefits. With the decriminalization in the states of the usa and just yesterday the independent UK article stating that they could be the new anti depressant in 5 years I cant help but believe my claim. 

I love this 'hobbie' I spend my afternoons and weekends just growing the researching. I have been keeping a journal on teks, pics of my grows per strains and agar cloning etc. I dont have any formal education in mycology.

I want to be on the boat when this takes off in the mainstream. What do you guys think it will take to make this a career? Should I pick up a distant learning course on mycology? Or would a detailed portfolio / journal on my grows and experimentation be worthy of a career? The classic weigh off between formal education and practical experience. What do you guys think?

• Rantrapr, Smasgotk and JohnesC like this

#2 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 630 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 02:03 AM

Sadly I think it'll be pharmaceutical companies making the Psilocybin for prescribed uses. I hope I'm wrong.
  • PJammer24 and Juthro like this

#3 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,509 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 June 2019 - 02:21 AM

That's the tough part. The Big Pharma already has it. Its just only available for research projects.

Even if fully legalized, it will never be the boom that weed was.

Its just to easy to grow at home and there's already to many people ready to go into production overnight.

Start now, with edibles. Get an established legal business selling legal edibles and medicinal. That will hone skills and stock the equipment and supplies, so you also will be ready start overnight. I'd also suggest learning to produce colonized fruiting blocks. You can also start that now with edibles.

#4 Equestrian

Equestrian

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 11:23 PM

Big pharma makes billions off of antidepressants, they won’t go down without a fight
  • Coopdog likes this

#5 Taproot

Taproot

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 10:36 AM

Maybe consider reaching out to organizations like maps. You may not specifically find a job cultivating but being involved with the industry could open up many door you never knew existed. Start searching with a specific intention and allow the doors / opportunities to reveal themselves to you. Good luck!!
  • Cuboid likes this

#6 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,549 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 June 2019 - 11:27 AM

I tend to agree with some of what was already said... Short of developing a useful process that has not already been done on a large scale, ie. extraction and preservation of Psilocin, I don't know that there is any way to compete with Big Pharma...

The companies that made huge profits when Canada legalized marijuana were the ones that had a process for THC infused beverages and larger companies that concentrated on research as opposed to spending resources on salable stock. Selling a process to one of the big boys is probably the best way to get your slice of the pie. To be frank, developing a new process or product is awfully difficult!

#7 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,725 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 June 2019 - 12:45 PM

I'm agreeing with the masses here, your not likely to break into that market.  There is no get rich quick path here, at least from where I'm watching from.   If growing is what you truly love to do, work the edible angle,  but being setup to grow mass amounts of any kind of magic mushrooms is not going to get you the results you're looking for if the man finds out (IMHO).

• PJammer24 likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!