• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Opendoors

Opendoors

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 114 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 08:14 PM

Hi , I recently started a mini mono tub , 6qt, I had more substrate and spawn mixture then I intended and I just dumped all my extra sub into one tub , now the mushrooms have completely filled the tub and have hit the top and began to bend over and are showing no signs of opening up anytime soon
This is the second flush, the first flush did the same thing but I picked them prematurely because I didnt know what else to do, now the second flush is even bigger,as expected
My question:could I just remove the top tub so the mush could reach their full potential as long as I dont let them get too dry?
I dont know how to post pics yet or I would
Thank you
  • wharfrat likes this

#2 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,610 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 June 2019 - 08:36 PM

Leave the top on. The fruits will stack up against the lid. 

Don't try to remove the top. 

Complications will result. 

If it ain't broke - don't fix it. 

I'll move this out to Magic for more views and commentary. ;)

• wharfrat and Opendoors like this

#3 Boebs

Boebs

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 370 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 06:03 AM

Yes id leave it be, a bent stem is all that will result, not soo photogenic is all.
  • Myc and Opendoors like this

#4 Opendoors

Opendoors

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 114 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 08:18 AM

Thank you both

#5 Opendoors

Opendoors

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 114 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 11:06 AM

This was my first flush i was concerned with the caps being so constantly wet from rubbing the top

#6 Opendoors

Opendoors

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 114 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 11:08 AM

Oops forgot my pics

Attached Thumbnails

• tmp-cam-6186856881902234631.jpg
  • tmp-cam-4115830608528075897.jpg
  • tmp-cam-1046378905691305981.jpg

• Myc and NewMycoDisciple like this

#7 NewMycoDisciple

NewMycoDisciple

Mycophiliac

• Banned Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 11:08 AM

This was my first flush i was concerned with the caps being so constantly wet from rubbing the top

Well was it an issue? What did you do?

#8 firerat

firerat

Why am I so thirsty....

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,026 posts

Donator

Posted 12 June 2019 - 12:46 PM

Nah you should be good. 

Think of an invitro grow where all those boomers are squished in there. Aside from being ugly and maybe a tough time getting a good print, nothing negative at all.

Those pics are beautiful!!

• Opendoors likes this

#9 Opendoors

Opendoors

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 114 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 01:04 PM

Thanks

#10 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 629 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 June 2019 - 01:44 PM

ummm  now clarify are you using the lid that came with the six quart tub or two tubes one on top turned over as a doomed lid AKA DUB TUB ?

i am guessing dub tubes

Edited by bezevo, 12 June 2019 - 01:53 PM.

#11 Opendoors

Opendoors

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 114 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 02:01 PM

What's funny is it kind of started in vitro
I had 7 colonized wbs qts , wanted to experiment, so I took gallon ziplock bags and put a tyvlek patch in them but I under calculated the amount of sub I'd have and I ended up filling the last 4 bags half full
I sent them on spawn run and 12 days later I had these half gallon bricks already covered in pins ,but they were pressed against the sides ,bruised, and they were blobs that looked like the caps were growing directly out of the mycelium and the stems were growing from them
So I picked them clean, crumbled the bricks up- not expecting it to work- put them in mini moons, (6 qt tub on bottom,6qt on top) 10 days later I picked them
Now I'm on my second flush, think I'm gonna let them go until they open all the way

#12 Opendoors

Opendoors

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 114 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 02:02 PM

This is my second flush going

Attached Thumbnails

• tmp-cam-2819257960281986674.jpg

#13 Opendoors

Opendoors

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 114 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 02:03 PM

ummm now clarify are you using the lid that came with the six quart tub or two tubes one on top turned over as a doomed lid AKA DUB TUB ?

i am guessing dub tubes

Yes dub tubs

#14 Opendoors

Opendoors

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 114 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 02:07 PM

Well was it an issue? What did you do?
It wasnt an issue , I was a little worried that a small space would stunt the growth, also didnt like the caps constantly touching the wet top keeping them wet all the time

#15 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,427 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 June 2019 - 02:25 PM

What kind of holes are in your tubs? May just be genetic, but small caps, long stems, really fuzzy feet would indicate they should benefit from more FAE.

#16 Opendoors

Opendoors

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 114 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 02:36 PM

What's funny is it kind of started in vitro
I had 7 colonized wbs qts , wanted to experiment, so I took gallon ziplock bags and put a tyvlek patch in them but I under calculated the amount of sub I'd have and I ended up filling the last 4 bags half full
I sent them on spawn run and 12 days later I had these half gallon bricks already covered in pins ,but they were pressed against the sides ,bruised, and they were blobs that looked like the caps were growing directly out of the mycelium and the stems were growing from them
So I picked them clean, crumbled the bricks up- not expecting it to work- put them in mini moons, (6 qt tub on bottom,6qt on top) 10 days later I picked them
Now I'm on my second flush, think I'm gonna let them go until they open all the way

Has anybody else ever tried this?

#17 Opendoors

Opendoors

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 114 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 03:12 PM

What kind of holes are in your tubs? May just be genetic, but small caps, long stems, really fuzzy feet would indicate they should benefit from more FAE.

I got 2 holes up high on both ends ,and 2 on each end at substrate level... 8 total, they're just b+ that I started from an lc
B+ are long and lanky tho
I pulled the poly from on top hole and one bottom because they were a little fuzzy and dont get me wrong I'm glad they're that big I just wondered rubbing the top tub like that
  • Boebs likes this

#18 Boebs

Boebs

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 370 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 07:24 PM

They could possibly get a lil brused from the extra water condensation on the lid touching the caps/stems, But that is some what just a visual effect since they wont be around long enough
  • Opendoors likes this

#19 Opendoors

Opendoors

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 114 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 03:15 PM

This is my second flush , I let them go until they shot their spores so not really expecting much of a third flush , but I taped it up anyway

Attached Thumbnails

• tmp-cam-3286896660264443821.jpg
  • tmp-cam-1951724833839825288.jpg
  • tmp-cam-7512152245659457008.jpg

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!