1 reply to this topic

#1 cybersludge

cybersludge

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 01:40 PM

Hello,
As title states, I require help, advice, critique, on the following fruiting chamber design.
First, I am in a very complicated domestic situation at the present time,, so design needs to be as stealthy/ low maintenance/ self sustaining as possible.
Here is my plan;

22.5" X 16" X 12.75" 54 Quart Clear Gasket Box
1-Heat mat on bottom for warmth, I have laboratory grade temperature controllers at my disposal to regulate temp.

2-Wet layer of perlite on bottom of tub to provide humidity and even heat dissipation.

3- 1/2" holes filtered with poly-fill along lower sides for CO2 exit, not quite sure if these should be at the level of the top of the perlite, or at the level of the tops of the fruiting containers. I am thinking at the perlite level, since CO2 is heavier than air, and would tend to accumulate at the very bottom.

4- Timed aquarium pump pushing FILTERED air (with a in-line micro filter) in at the top of the enclosure, to push the CO2 out from the lower holes as needed.

​5- daylight bulbs as needed, blue led as needed.

Any problems with this design?
Possible improvements?
Anything I've missed?

Thanks for your time,
cybersludge

• wharfrat likes this

#2 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,392 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 June 2019 - 05:34 PM

Hello,
As title states, I require help, advice, critique, on the following fruiting chamber design.
First, I am in a very complicated domestic situation at the present time,, so design needs to be as stealthy/ low maintenance/ self sustaining as possible.
Here is my plan;

22.5" X 16" X 12.75" 54 Quart Clear Gasket Box
1-Heat mat on bottom for warmth, I have laboratory grade temperature controllers at my disposal to regulate temp.

2-Wet layer of perlite on bottom of tub to provide humidity and even heat dissipation.

3- 1/2" holes filtered with poly-fill along lower sides for CO2 exit, not quite sure if these should be at the level of the top of the perlite, or at the level of the tops of the fruiting containers. I am thinking at the perlite level, since CO2 is heavier than air, and would tend to accumulate at the very bottom.

4- Timed aquarium pump pushing FILTERED air (with a in-line micro filter) in at the top of the enclosure, to push the CO2 out from the lower holes as needed.

​5- daylight bulbs as needed, blue led as needed.

Any problems with this design?
Possible improvements?
Anything I've missed?

Thanks for your time,
cybersludge

no problems, sounds like you did your homework. I would put the holes at the bottom like you said, co2 is heavier than air. I would start with just the bottom ones and see how it performs, you can always add top ones later if you need more fresh air supply/ gas exchange. as far as lighting goes, if they are hidden in the dark, I would put a small led in there at a 12/12 cycle. they really only need ambient lighting, but they will stretch for light it is to low.

• cybersludge likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!