• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 joeya

joeya

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 162 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 04:22 PM

sometimes being good at what you do can be a mixed blessing. I have another trip tomorrow, and my wife is joining me. So, instead of breaking down the FC again, I've decided to put an airstone under the vermiculite, bring the water level up enough to keep the stone submerged, and hope for the best while I'm gone. It's only for four days, so I'm guessing I'll be okay. I know without fanning, the CO2 might be higher than ideal, but I'm hoping the airstone will push enough air through to keep them happy for a few days, and the bubbles will be enough to keep the humidity high. It's running now so I can monitor it tonight and fan it one last time in the morning. Hoping for the best!

• wharfrat and Boebs like this

#2 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,377 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 June 2019 - 05:26 PM

should be fine if they haven't started growing yet, or else you might come back to a spore dumping. safe and happy travels my friend  :biggrin:

• joeya likes this

#3 joeya

joeya

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 162 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 06:22 PM

coming home to a spore dumping is my biggest concern, but the biggest pin is just about a half inch and fattening up still, so, maybe I'll make it in time....

I'll post pictures of whatever calamity I come home to!

#4 joeya

joeya

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 162 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 06:37 PM

Here's the biggest pin in the chamber, that's why I think I'm good for the few days I'll be gone. At least, I hope...20190612_173006.jpg

#5 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,256 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 June 2019 - 06:56 PM

If you stay home, those are ready in five days. If you leave, 3 days. They have a twisted sense of humor.
  • Tenderfoot and joeya like this

#6 joeya

joeya

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 162 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 07:01 PM

I know, right! Murphy's law applied to mycology!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!