• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 joeya

joeya

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 458 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 04:22 PM

sometimes being good at what you do can be a mixed blessing. I have another trip tomorrow, and my wife is joining me. So, instead of breaking down the FC again, I've decided to put an airstone under the vermiculite, bring the water level up enough to keep the stone submerged, and hope for the best while I'm gone. It's only for four days, so I'm guessing I'll be okay. I know without fanning, the CO2 might be higher than ideal, but I'm hoping the airstone will push enough air through to keep them happy for a few days, and the bubbles will be enough to keep the humidity high. It's running now so I can monitor it tonight and fan it one last time in the morning. Hoping for the best!

• wharfrat and Boebs like this

#2 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,394 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 June 2019 - 05:26 PM

should be fine if they haven't started growing yet, or else you might come back to a spore dumping. safe and happy travels my friend  :biggrin:

• joeya likes this

#3 joeya

joeya

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 458 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 06:22 PM

coming home to a spore dumping is my biggest concern, but the biggest pin is just about a half inch and fattening up still, so, maybe I'll make it in time....

I'll post pictures of whatever calamity I come home to!

#4 joeya

joeya

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 458 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 06:37 PM

Here's the biggest pin in the chamber, that's why I think I'm good for the few days I'll be gone. At least, I hope...20190612_173006.jpg

• Thacan likes this

#5 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,509 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 June 2019 - 06:56 PM

If you stay home, those are ready in five days. If you leave, 3 days. They have a twisted sense of humor.
  • Tenderfoot, PJammer24, JanetPlanet and 2 others like this

#6 joeya

joeya

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 458 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 07:01 PM

I know, right! Murphy's law applied to mycology!

#7 joeya

joeya

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 458 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 10:15 AM

Here is the sporegasm I came home to. Got some cleaning to do today!

20190618_091135.jpg

• Skywatcher and Thacan like this

#8 Thirdeyeplants

Thirdeyeplants

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 192 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 08:33 PM

I am new here, and still havent gotten out of incubation yet, but for educations sake, what threats does sporulation pose to further growth. Is it not just a spore of the same thing you are trying to produce?

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

#9 joeya

joeya

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 458 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 09:44 AM

It's not so much a threat to further growth, but it means you missed the optimum time to pick so will have lower active content. It's also quite messy, as you can see from the photo.

#10 peacefrog

peacefrog

Peaceful Frog

• 2,326 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 June 2019 - 05:58 PM

OP, beautiful flush!

Most will swear that picking them just after the veil breaks is the best for potency. Who knows they may be right. I personally like to let mine fully develop before harvesting. I haven’t seen that big of a difference really. So I just keep on keeping on the way I like to see um.

Good vibes my friend.
  • joeya likes this

#11 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,799 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 June 2019 - 06:39 PM

Here is the sporegasm I came home to. Got some cleaning to do today!

I've seen worse. :tongue:

#12 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,799 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 June 2019 - 08:12 PM

peacefrog, on 22 Jun 2019 - 6:58 PM, said:

OP, beautiful flush!

Most will swear that picking them just after the veil breaks is the best for potency. Who knows they may be right. I personally like to let mine fully develop before harvesting. I haven’t seen that big of a difference really. So I just keep on keeping on the way I like to see um.

Good vibes my friend.

Fun fact, one can harvest a bunch of fruits that one doesn't have time to clean and/or dry and put in an empty sterilite in such a way so they they don't drop spores on each other. Larger fruits can be stored upside down in jars so that the spores don't drop. These methods are good for 24-48hrs, buying one time to do other things.. Plus they are still alive, so if the "potency increases after spore drop" is true, in theory they'll be more potent (I don't think that's the case, but still).

Edited by CatsAndBats, 22 June 2019 - 08:14 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!