3 replies to this topic

#1 raymycoto

raymycoto

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 618 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2019 - 05:58 PM

We are aware that there is individual variation in sensitivity to psychedelics (psilocybin) in the microdosing range. Part of the problem with confirming or quantifying this variation is a lack of objective measurement of drug effect.

I have observed a psychedelic naive individual with considerable experience in meditation and a healthy non-drinker on no other medications at all. They had no perceivable effect from what might be considered a typical or perhaps 2x microdose. Confirmation of potency and proper dosing was observed from this known good and 'new' batch of properly prepared cubensis. The dose was 0.25 gm fasting.

Another trial will be done, next with 0.5 gm with the same individual.

Has anyone noted a change in effective dose in such individuals? This is only a study of '1' but while I await further testing, I wanted to stir up some conversation. I would consider 'no perceived effect' of 0.25 gm on an empty stomach to be a quite unexpected.

#2 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,567 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2019 - 07:06 PM

The loosely defined protocol for Microdosing is to find that sub perception dose. They're shouldn't be any "feel". That being said if someone is new to psilocybin they very well may feel something. I would run the dosage for a week or two at .25 And judge from there. Its a medicine more akin to nutritional supplements than tripping at microdose levels. Its a slow permanent change in brain chemistry. You'll find people have a hard time adjusting from pharmaceutical expectations.

#3 raymycoto

raymycoto

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 618 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2019 - 09:06 PM

Ah, thanks, JK.

Yes, agree that the MD is typically characterized as 'sub perceptual'.

My thought was whether one in an modest state of meditative skill has nailed some of the neuro circuits inhibited by psychedelics and thus may have some inherent tolerance to these 5HT2a agonists. I'm learning more and more benefits of meditation (which I am not good at) and the more I am exposed to meditation and its benefits, the more I see parallels to microdosing.

This is a very speculative statement . . . wishful thinking, actually. Having witnessed the benefits of MD, imagine how cool it would be to be able to realize MD benefits with some mastering of meditation.  Or conversely, could MD accelerate the mastery of meditation and give a glimpse of  meditation benefits.  Thus, creating encouragement of the practice of meditation for folks who might otherwise give it up in discouragement.

Edited by raymycoto, 18 June 2019 - 09:07 PM.

#4 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,567 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2019 - 09:51 PM

I'm far from a master of meditation, though I'm not unfamiliar with it. In theory you can get where you need to be with just meditation. Perhaps the psilocybin in microdosess still helps filter out the mental noise.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!