• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Equestrian

Equestrian

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 04:02 PM

To all you guys that microdose. I know a microdoses are very small, like .5, i understand that part. I’m very curious about trying it, but does it give you to much of a tolerance when you want to take a heroic dose?

#2 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,509 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 June 2019 - 04:27 PM

.5 is actually large for a microdose. More like half that, three times a week won't significantly increase tolerance.

#3 Equestrian

Equestrian

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 05:32 PM

.5 is actually large for a microdose. More like half that, three times a week won't significantly increase tolerance.

Thank you for the info

#4 TrainConductor

TrainConductor

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 11:32 PM

I was wondering the samething. Not a dumb question at all.

#5 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 841 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 07:56 PM

I wouldn’t suggest .5. It’s too high to feel normal and too low to really enjoy. I personally just felt the pre trip anxiety and out of sorts.
  • coorsmikey and krustychef like this

#6 krustychef

krustychef

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 04:55 AM

I wouldn’t suggest .5. It’s too high to feel normal and too low to really enjoy. I personally just felt the pre trip anxiety and out of sorts.

#7 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,689 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 August 2019 - 10:56 AM

I have had very different results personally. A routine of microdosing even at 0.1gr does gives me a significant tolerance to heroic doses and other trypamines. If I am microdosing 0.1gr a few days on and a couple off, I can have 7gr and it is not the usual mystical experience that I usually will have on the same amount. It crosses over to DMT and LSD as well. I cannot breakthrough on DMT while microdosing no matter how much I consume. When not Microdosing, one hit of the same DMT will blast me off into another dimension.  It is much better to stop microdosing a week or even longer if you want have a full experience of a Heroic dose.

• TVCasualty, clumsy and cappisdelecti like this

#8 cappisdelecti

cappisdelecti

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 03:35 PM

I seem to be resistant to large doses. It could be a result of anti-depressants.

My friend and I took huge doses of fresh and she tripped big while I just felt good and helped her through her physical/visual deficiencies.

​Microdosing is very intriguing. Based on this series of posts, it sounds like 0.3g dry is too low but over 0.5g is too high, right?

Is there a good link to how to microdose effectively?

#9 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 633 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 04:25 PM

The exact dose that'd work for you is something of a trial and error process for each individual. Start low, work up slow, when you get to a dose that has perceivable effect you back it off a bit. The general idea is that microdosing is using sub-perceptual doses.

https://thethirdwave.co/microdosing/ is quite a good place to start.

Edited by Cuboid, 25 August 2019 - 04:27 PM.

• cybele likes this

#10 DustStorm

DustStorm

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 09:20 PM

I weigh around 280lbs, blood sugar kinda out of whack, and I smoke.

Half a gram, dried, only gives me a small body buzz, barely any visuals if I'm lucky to get any, and a kinda nice body chilling effect for about 1 - 3 hours after use. It doesn't cause the depression interruption that 1.5g - 3g would cause, but it's a different feeling anyway.

If I were someone who didn't feel the high after 30 mins, I'd actually re-microdose until I feel it.

But the re-dosing, it would have to be extremely small increments, even for me. I'd expect that someone else lighter would need to trial and error the whole thing. Use a accurate 0.001mg scale, and don't keep stacking doses, because they will add up and slam your ass into the ground, speaking from personal experience.

Edited by DustStorm, 26 August 2019 - 09:20 PM.

#11 cappisdelecti

cappisdelecti

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 03:47 AM

Discovered that my Cymbalta (Duloxitine) is a SNRI. It completely hogs up receptors on two avenues. It prevented my trip dramatically.

#12 DustStorm

DustStorm

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 09:39 AM

Discovered that my Cymbalta (Duloxitine) is a SNRI. It completely hogs up receptors on two avenues. It prevented my trip dramatically.

A friend of mine told me that they used benzos to "stop" their trips, and apparently it did help stop their tripping. I was sitting right in front of dude, and at first he was just stoned out and chilled, but then he had to get up and go do some errands. Usually I don't see someone come down fast, but he particularly came down faster than I've seen others.

SSRI and similar serotonin-effecting medicine could dramatically change the effects of the trip. I don't bother talking about that with him too much though, so I just ask him to clean his palate before we do it.

• cappisdelecti likes this

#13 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 432 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 06:09 PM

I seem to be resistant to large doses. It could be a result of anti-depressants.

My friend and I took huge doses of fresh and she tripped big while I just felt good and helped her through her physical/visual deficiencies.

​Microdosing is very intriguing. Based on this series of posts, it sounds like 0.3g dry is too low but over 0.5g is too high, right?

Is there a good link to how to microdose effectively?

Read a thread about mixing drugs and someone else mentioned anti depressants as killers for the buzz

Edited by flashingrooster, 27 August 2019 - 06:11 PM.

• cappisdelecti likes this

#14 ss2matt

ss2matt

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 11:25 AM

.2 is about what you should start with with microdosing. If that isn't doing it, increase it by .1 until it does.

As for tolerance, providing you give yourself a break sometimes (Some say take every 3 days, some say take like 4 daily then have a 3 day break, all you can do is experiment) you won't gain any tolerance at that level.

#15 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 11,653 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 November 2019 - 09:25 PM

Watch the video featured in this thread:

https://mycotopia.ne...on-microdosing/

If you can feel cognitive distortions or for that matter can consciously detect any effects then by definition it's not a microdose, it's a low-but-trippy dose.

Microdoses are supposed to work like antidepressants do in the sense that you take a pill, but nothing really "happens" in an immediate sense like is the case with smoking some cannabis or taking a benzo. Instead, your mood is more positive, and/or more stable. Or you're not as stressed out as you usually are, or help prevent or stop a migraine or cluster headaches, etc.. So a microdose doesn't really add anything to our perceptions or alter them so much as help mitigate the negative crap we tend to get mired in occasionally so we can lighten up and perceive and think more clearly. Ideally, anyway.

And FWIW, I've read once but can't find it again (and have noticed anecdotally) that body weight is not a significant dosage factor but brain weight is.

We've all got fairly similarly-weighty brains. I am unable to verify this, but it does seem to explain things I've seen like a 6' 8" 350 lb. (or thereabouts) ex-Marine/current party bouncer/DJ extraordinaire curled up on the floor crying in a fetal position after taking 4 spoons of my honey mix (which is 4 dry grams of cubes) because the 5' 1" 99 lb. woman who also got a dose took one spoon (as I recommended, which I did to him, too) and he thought that meant he should take at least 3.5 times her dose for the same effect. I told him not to but I'd just given him an entire tub of his own for working the party so it was his call, lol. I found him laying there with the woman who'd taken one spoon sort of petting him and consoling him with stuff like "You're all good, man... it's gonna be fine..." It was classic, lol.

• Cuboid likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!