Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Internet and phone privacy/safety, you're probably doing it wrong.

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,605 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 June 2019 - 07:35 AM

1) Your phone / glowing rectangle of choice is the Achilles heel of personal privacy.  The best way to clean it is to drill a 3/4 inch hole through the center of the thing and make it part of an attractive mobile, or a wind catcher for an outdoor chime.  I threw my last one into a lake over 10 years ago and refuse to get another ... Orwell had a lot right, but even he never believed we'd purchase and carry our telescreens around with us all damn day.

2) Firefox may be better than Chrome on its face, but most of FF's income is generated by google - follow the money and ask where your data is going?

3) Grow outlandish facial hair then shave it all off to the delight of friends and coworkers - same goes for top-hair, if you still have some.  Buy several pairs of glasses from zenni optical (they're so cheap it's almost free) and swap around as much as possible to confuse the incessant image-capture devices that are ubiquitous in modern society.  Alternatively, if you can't beat 'em join 'em - walk around with your phone in front of your face, effectively blocking the outside world as well as prying eyes.

As an aside, I developed an anti-facial recognition mask and went to market last year, but the response has been tepid at best - any suggestions on my prototype?  -

4)  If you're using microsoft or mac OS, you may as well give it up.  Linux is clunky at times, but no one's bothering to write malicious code for the 14 of us who use it ... it's a thought.

5)  Make a point of completely dropping out of any gray-area websites you frequent for months at a time, throwing off sub-contracted federal investigators who rarely play the game long-term  :) 

It's been a while, fellow topiates.  I won't bore you with the deets, as they're boring, but it looks like I may have some down-time coming at me, and I hope to pop in some after we, as a nation, celebrate the subjugation and annihilation of the original inhabitants of this great land of theirs.

Great thread, C&B,

:)

soliver

https://mycotopia.ne...l/#entry1410483

Edited by CatsAndBats, 28 June 2019 - 08:28 AM.

#22 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,843 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 June 2019 - 08:27 AM

Good to see you back Soliver!

• Skywatcher, Juthro and CatsAndBats like this

#23 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,220 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 June 2019 - 10:37 AM

I think Soliver is one of these federal subcontractors sitting around on the internet keeping tabs on the grey-area websites... I say this because he popped in just as we were discussing his absence....

its awfully phishy behavior if you ask me... Phishy for sure!

• roc, Soliver, Juthro and 1 other like this

#24 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,296 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 June 2019 - 09:30 PM

Mind yer top knot.

• Juthro likes this

#25 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,525 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 June 2019 - 09:52 PM

Hello anxiety lol

Very good reminder to be safe out there.

I’ll be back to read every inch of this thread. It’s excellent from what I have read so far. Awesome information, thank you so much.

To the alphabet agencies.... pls go away. That is all lol
  • CatsAndBats likes this

#26 Misfit

Misfit

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 146 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 02:19 AM

Just wanted to add that NordVPN was having a 75% off sale. I got 3 years for 107 bucks. That broke down to 2.99 a months. If the site sale expires “jayztwocents” (a youtuber that does gaming pc builds etc) has a coupon code for the same discount.
I personally didn’t do a ton of research on these guys but two friends, that know a bit more than me, swear by them.

#27 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,219 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 July 2019 - 11:36 AM

I think Soliver is one of these federal subcontractors sitting around on the internet keeping tabs on the grey-area websites... I say this because he popped in just as we were discussing his absence....

its awfully phishy behavior if you ask me... Phishy for sure!

Huh.  That IS a fishy kwinky-dink, eh? 

Alternatively, it could be that someone, somewhere buried in a 'topia thread, is perpetually pining for 'ol Soliver?  (ta ha ha) ...

If I had to spend my days keeping track of a group of misfits, I'd be even weirder than I already am.  I like to believe the alphabets have enough on their hands with RCs, actual drugs, white supremacy, gun maniacs, religious zealots, Alder Logs ... you know.  The REAL threats to freedom we must fight every day. 

:)

soliver

• coorsmikey and PJammer24 like this

#28 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,296 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 July 2019 - 11:53 AM

Sollie thinks there is a constitutional guarantee to indulge in cannibalism.

• roc and PJammer24 like this

#29 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,220 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 July 2019 - 12:15 PM

Wait.... That's not a thing???!!?!?!

• roc likes this

#30 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,843 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 July 2019 - 12:40 PM

Holy shit if it isn't I won't be joining Sol for dinner anymore!

#31 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,959 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 July 2019 - 08:52 AM

Wait.... That's not a thing???!!?!?!

Yes, it's protected under the First Amendment.

Just be sure to declare your feast to be a Holy day in honor of some god or other and you're all set. And if your entree tries to run for it I suppose that would technically make it a moveable feast, kind of like Easter (well, it'd be more like the Eucharist but if the crackers and wine were the real thing).

Idaho is an exception, being the only State with a law proscribing cannibalism (and by extension, our religious freedom!):

TITLE 18

CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS
CHAPTER 50
MAYHEM
18-5003.  Cannibalism defined — Punishment. (1) Any person who willfully ingests the flesh or blood of a human being is guilty of cannibalism.
(2)  It shall be an affirmative defense to a violation of the provisions of this section that the action was taken under extreme life-threatening conditions as the only apparent means of survival.
(3)  Cannibalism is punishable by imprisonment in the state prison not exceeding fourteen (14) years.
History:
[18-5003, added 1990, ch. 210, sec. 2, p. 468.]

Anyway, I'm a little curious about why Idaho felt the need to pass such a law. It's also one of the few States where our favorite spores are illegal so I guess Idaho is just into spoiling everyone's fun; their motto should probably be the Buzz Kill State.

• roc and Juthro like this

#32 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,296 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 July 2019 - 10:20 AM

Electrical potato is going to be the very next phase!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!