• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Ljr5384

Ljr5384

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 10:02 PM

Just curious really not trying to promote daily usage or addiction just curious u know like weed smoking and alcoholism and other drugs can be used daily just curious abouse psilo
  • PCaddict likes this

#2 ss2matt

ss2matt

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 03:49 PM

Mushrooms aren't addictive. At least not on the mushroom's side of things.

I did do it daily a few years ago for a while, eventually I just tolerated it and it had no notable effect at that dosage. I also got headaches, probably because I wasn't having a rest period.

The best way to micro-dose for me is 4-5 days on, the rest off. Of course this is preference and can be adjusted.

• Oneyedraven and PCaddict like this

#3 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 12,980 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 December 2019 - 02:43 PM

A friend of mine took daily doses for a couple of years. He was unclear on the concept of "micro" dosing, so they were more like low doses. Mostly he wouldn't feel any effects after the first few days but sometimes he'd take extra so he got a noticeable effect and sometimes the regular doses would hit harder than usual (these were all taken in the form of my blended honey recipe so variation of potency between doses was minimized).

The net result was that he was eventually able to get a handle on his chronic depression, which allowed him to finally quit drinking insane amounts of liquor, which in turn allowed him to preserve his then-rocky marriage. He eventually stopped dosing but never went back to alcohol (he quit it all, not just liquor).

• coorsmikey, Oneyedraven, RutgerHauer and 3 others like this

#4 Windthot

Windthot

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 08:06 AM

TV. Nice to hear the success story ur friend. Thanks
  • TVCasualty and PCaddict like this

#5 MindHunter

MindHunter

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 08:21 AM

Interesting topic, mushrooms aren't addictive , at least in a physical dependence kind of way, they are the least problem causing, because they are problem solvers if taken with the intent to do so. I have come to believe in the Spiritual nature of these fungi, they know if your full of shit, or whether you actually want to get better for yourself as well as others. They are medicinal, and if taken for this reason, they will make sure you have fun along the way....until next time....HOLLA

• Oneyedraven and PCaddict like this

#6 headcase1

headcase1

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 01:47 PM

I have been trying micro dosing for a short while. How many grams have anyone else been trying?

I found a few small fruit in the morning gets me thru work alot better  :tongue:

• PCaddict likes this

#7 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 12,980 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 March 2020 - 03:11 PM

If it's higher than ~0.1 gram then it's not a "micro" dose, though that's somewhat arbitrary.

The factor that makes the difference between a microdose and a low dose is whether or not you can detect any effects from the fungi; if you can then it wasn't a microdose.

• headcase1 and PCaddict like this

#8 Thacan

Thacan

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 242 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 09:44 PM

For me a daily micro-dosing of mushrooms (0.05 to 0.3 gm) tends to build over time.  If I micro-dose every day for 3 days in a row, by the 3rd or forth day I’ll be hallucinating just a bit and that’s when I realize that I need to skip a few days.

The one thing that I like to do every day is Kratom and I only partake in 4 to 6 zero size capsules a day.  For me Kratom (in moderation) not only helps with arthritis, but also gives me a state of ‘mellow’ that I find useful and pleasant.  Between micro-dosing, Kratom and moderate Alcohol use, I’m a pretty happy and productive and exercising more than ever.  If I had one of the three that I will drop it would be Alcohol.

• PCaddict likes this

#9 LAURAW32

LAURAW32

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 02:53 PM

When microdosing and you set up a schedule of 3/4 are the days in a row? I’m wanting to microdosing but not on the days I work.
Lauraw32
  • PCaddict likes this

#10 adrian118

adrian118

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 168 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 03:18 PM

I've been micro-doing for a few weeks. I take 0.2g everyday for 5 days then two days off. I like to take it in the morning with my other fungi supplements which right now are Stamets 7.

I've noticed it help to uplift my mood and increases my interest in whatever I'm doing. Also helps with my morning commute through LA traffic, just takes the edge off a bit. i'm very happy with how its been going.

If you're gonna do it Id suggest trying it on weekend first and see how it goes. You may need to adjust your dose. I also would say that you will get used to it more or less. Maybe by building a tolerance but also you kinda jus get the hang of how it feels and can do anything you would normally do without worry.  

Edited by adrian118, 04 March 2020 - 03:22 PM.

• Oneyedraven, tcg and PCaddict like this

#11 Oneyedraven

Oneyedraven

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 247 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 08:01 PM

MDing seems to be something like me...just a better version of me. I’ve found that MDing allows the real me (not my ego) be in the drivers seat.

I do think my hand eye coordination is off slightly when MDing anyone else have this experience?

If you’ve ever seen the Disney movie inside out.

To me it feels a lot like this:

https://youtu.be/x__NgnMBHV0

#12 Thacan

Thacan

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 242 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 08:14 PM

My schedule is typically 1:3 i.e. I'll do 0.08 to 0.2 every third day.  If you do <0.1gm, then work should not be an issue for most jobs.... ah, but then it depends on the quality of the mushroom too.  So know your mushroom and adjust accordingly.  If you work where safety could be an issue  (like you're the board operator for a nuclear plant), then I would suggest avoiding altogether.  Cheers

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!