• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Ene

Ene

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 04:37 PM

Hey, so I'm planning on tripping for the first time with my poorly cultivated Malabar shrooms. Should I do it during the day or in the evening? It's very hot this time of the year here and I'm worried I'm going to be uncomfortable with the heat.

How about the method of ingestion? Is making a hot meal with cut up shrooms going to somehow deactivate them?

Any other preparations? I'm planning to take 1g and probably gonna listen to some music and MAYBE go out.

Last question, do these shrooms look good enough?

Thanks for any advice.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_0447.JPG
  • DSC_0448.JPG

• Rantrapr likes this

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,334 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 June 2019 - 06:44 PM

Please do not do just 1 gr for your first experience! One gram of overly mature cubensis mixed with food on a hot day will just make you feel like you are starting to trip and never take you any further than that. It will leave you with a bad impression of what its about. I would suggest eating all of what is pictured two hours before dark. Then you can experience both day and night. Transitive Nightfall will impress you the most. But yeah I think one gram will leave ya disappointed with the time you set aside and the expectations you have gather from reading. 

• Skywatcher, Amanita Versicula, ElPirana and 4 others like this

#3 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,605 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 June 2019 - 08:51 PM

I'm with mikey, eat at least 3.5g for your first trip, and of course at night, that's when the freaks come out.

[Direct Link]

• Amanita Versicula and Ene like this

#4 Ene

Ene

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 03:19 AM

I'm with mikey, eat at least 3.5g for your first trip, and of course at night, that's when the freaks come out.

[Direct Link]

Please do not do just 1 gr for your first experience! One gram of overly mature cubensis mixed with food on a hot day will just make you feel like you are starting to trip and never take you any further than that. It will leave you with a bad impression of what its about. I would suggest eating all of what is pictured two hours before dark. Then you can experience both day and night. Transitive Nightfall will impress you the most. But yeah I think one gram will leave ya disappointed with the time you set aside and the expectations you have gather from reading. 

Aight guys, thanks for the advice, i'll compromise at 3g. It's probably going to be pretty hardcore but I can't wait to try. Tripping in 9 hours  :cool:

• CatsAndBats likes this

#5 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,437 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 June 2019 - 09:31 AM

Should this go to "Storming the Gates," where we can all eagerly await the trip report?

#6 Ene

Ene

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 10:53 AM

Should this go to "Storming the Gates," where we can all eagerly await the trip report?

Storming the Gates sounds scary, i'll probably update this thread tomorrow after I sleep post trip. 

If I'm alive by then of course

#7 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,605 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 June 2019 - 11:05 AM

Storming the Gates sounds scary, i'll probably update this thread tomorrow after I sleep post trip. 

If I'm alive by then of course

Pink+Floyd+Piper+at+the+Gates+of+Dawn.jp

Think of it more like pink floyd's piper at the gates of dawn

Edited by CatsAndBats, 27 June 2019 - 11:05 AM.

#8 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,868 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 June 2019 - 11:05 AM

eating a meal with the shrooms will dilute the experience. comeup will be slower as the shrooms are digested with the rest of the meal and the overall high is most likely to be "lower"

many people fast beforehand. It has the advantage of having little in your stomach to heave up if that's the way your body reacts to shrooms

I fast and when comeup is complete have something simple to eat just to keep that particular input from my body (hunger) from intruding into the trip

For a first timer don't expect too much or expect too little. Take what comes and add that to your library of mushroom knowledge. Some of us have been doing shrooms for decades and wouldn't presume to say we know it all. Most trips provide a surprise or two :)

• firerat, Amanita Versicula, ElPirana and 1 other like this

#9 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,605 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 June 2019 - 11:21 AM

eating a meal with the shrooms will dilute the experience. comeup will be slower as the shrooms are digested with the rest of the meal and the overall high is most likely to be "lower"

many people fast beforehand. It has the advantage of having little in your stomach to heave up if that's the way your body reacts to shrooms

Y'all all fancy with your fasting. I just eat them with beer. The fanciest that I get is an organic limeade. :tongue:

• makinbones69 and Ene like this

#10 Ene

Ene

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 11:34 AM

I fast and when comeup is complete have something simple to eat just to keep that particular input from my body (hunger) from intruding into the trip

For a first timer don't expect too much or expect too little. Take what comes and add that to your library of mushroom knowledge. Some of us have been doing shrooms for decades and wouldn't presume to say we know it all. Most trips provide a surprise or two :)

That makes sense. I halved the meal size so it's less food more shrooms. Basically only enough so I don't taste them ( I'm not fond of the way regular mushrooms taste).

Ingesting in 15 minutes. See you on the other side boys.

• CatsAndBats, ElPirana and joeya like this

#11 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,605 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 June 2019 - 11:41 AM

That makes sense. I halved the meal size so it's less food more shrooms. Basically only enough so I don't taste them ( I'm not fond of the way regular mushrooms taste).

Turn your phone and computer off. All ya need is music IMHO.

• Ene likes this

#12 firerat

firerat

Why am I so thirsty....

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,031 posts

Donator

Posted 27 June 2019 - 12:19 PM

Weeeeeee have fun......

• CatsAndBats and Ene like this

#13 Thacan

Thacan

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 84 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 12:42 PM

If you see a door open it. If you see a window look to see what is on the others side. If your think your mind is coming apart just watch and it will come right back together. The power of that lesson is beyond words.
  • firerat, CatsAndBats, bezevo and 3 others like this

#14 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,473 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 June 2019 - 02:33 PM

I'm out of likes for the day, but I wish you a safe and pleasant experience my brother.

See you on the other side :)

#15 joeya

joeya

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 415 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 03:18 PM

I hope your trip went well, and that you got where you wanted with the shrooms. I'm growing some malabars now, looking forward to trying them out. Some people around here seem a bit intimidated by them!

#16 Amanita Versicula

Amanita Versicula

Sanity Within

• OG VIP
  • 301 posts

Donator

Posted 27 June 2019 - 04:05 PM

i don't know what "MALABARS" are??

IF ya wanna shoot me a message ~maybe I can FIND OUT+

BE WELL ALL+ 

HOPE YA HAD A GOOD TRIP…TRY HONEY & SHROOMS. OR if ya have many=-=think of making BROWNIES outta of em 

NEXT TIME. 

I know Mikey had sent me a RECIPE awhile back SO IT MUST BE HERE+

I like em FRESH+ but will take em ANYWAY i can get them~

• Ene likes this

#17 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 08:32 PM

I really like making mushroom chocolate pieces. 1.5g in each square is legit

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

#18 mad420pumpkinz

mad420pumpkinz

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 104 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 03:36 AM

Hope your trip went well :)

#19 zenzen

zenzen

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 102 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 06:18 PM

Did you live?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • mad420pumpkinz likes this

#20 Amanita Versicula

Amanita Versicula

Sanity Within

• OG VIP
  • 301 posts

Donator

Posted 21 July 2019 - 11:28 AM

I really like making mushroom chocolate pieces. 1.5g in each square is legit

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

ACTUALLY i read a "LEGIT STUDY" that CHOC ACTIVATES THE NEURONS OR ENDORPHINS GIVING ONE A MORE INTENSIVE "EXPERIENCE"….

My kid got some for my last B-DAY…THOUGH i needed MORE—I DIDN'T WANT TO SEEM "UNGRATEFUL" as i think IT was not 

easy to find…..when i have a "crop" i eat them all IMMEDIATELY—THEY NEVER GET TO BE "ANOTHER FORM" as i like them FRESH+++

PLEASE excuse any misspellings+

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!