• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Juddlight

Juddlight

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 10:12 PM

It's an exciting night, got my pf tek jars in the pc and the basement closet is lined with plastic and tubs are in it and waiting. Just have to cool these jars overnight and inoculate. Can't wait for the next steps
  • Misfit likes this

#2 Juddlight

Juddlight

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 10:40 AM

Got the jars inoculated, took the foil off one at a time in my sterile closet, wiped lids, shot em up with the AA+, and set em in the tubs to colonize. Praying for no green stuff....
Will keep this updated
  • CatsAndBats and joeya like this

#3 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,605 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 June 2019 - 10:48 AM

Got the jars inoculated, took the foil off one at a time in my sterile closet, wiped lids, shot em up with the AA+, and set em in the tubs to colonize. Praying for no green stuff....
Will keep this updated

Sanitized, not sterile. I love pf tek, and I love aa+. They're my most common soldiers. :biggrin:

Good luck and please keep us updated!

#4 Juddlight

Juddlight

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 11:45 AM

Will do...lol ya sanatized. The closet is 65 degrees shld put a heater in there?

#5 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,605 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 June 2019 - 11:57 AM

Will do...lol ya sanatized. The closet is 65 degrees shld put a heater in there?

I wouldn't put a heater in there. Do you have a refrigerator? If so can you keep these jars there? That's literally the only incubator that I use. The top of the refrigerator.  :biggrin:

65f is a little on the cool side for spore germination

#6 Juddlight

Juddlight

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 12:03 PM

I gotta keep em out of sight lol...i have a heating pad or cld get the stuff to make a heat bomb as described in magic for the masses

#7 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,605 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 June 2019 - 12:07 PM

I gotta keep em out of sight lol...i have a heating pad or cld get the stuff to make a heat bomb as described in magic for the masses

Got it. Don't go nuts, just try to get the space up to 70-75f IMHO. I also wouldn't put them directly on the pad. Plus don't start a fire please. :tongue:

Edited by CatsAndBats, 28 June 2019 - 12:08 PM.

• firerat likes this

#8 Juddlight

Juddlight

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 03:04 PM

No fire lol, im gonna get the stuff for the heat bomb i think, nervous and excited for this grow :)

#9 Juddlight

Juddlight

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 02:43 PM

Got my grow spave at a steady72 degrees...feeling good about that!
  • CatsAndBats likes this

#10 Juddlight

Juddlight

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 12:17 AM

Starting to get a little bit of growth in some jars..nothing green, so far so good! :)
  • roc, joeya and Misfit like this

#11 joeya

joeya

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 311 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 01:15 PM

Starting to get a little bit of growth in some jars..nothing green, so far so good! :)

Honestly, to get something green, or any other contamination, in PF jars means you really took a shortcut along the way. Based on your earlier posts in this thread, that sounds highly unlikely. 

I will say that 72 degrees is a little on the low side, if you want to speed things along, you could go up about 5 more degrees.

#12 Juddlight

Juddlight

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 04:01 PM

Gotcha, I'll try to get it up a few more degrees. Looking at some GT for my next pf tek run, and still have some AA+ i might try a small bulk tub with....August shld be a fun month!!!

#13 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,887 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 July 2019 - 08:23 PM

The higher the temp the higher the risk of contams after that 75 degree mark during colonization especially before you have much growth.

Keep in mind the inside of that cake will be 3 -4 degrees higher from the heat generated from the mycellium growth.

#14 Juddlight

Juddlight

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 08:49 PM

Interesting...i havnt been home yet to do so...mb I'll just leave it at 72 and see, if there is more everyday no need to raise it I'd assume
  • roc likes this

#15 Juddlight

Juddlight

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 11:42 PM

Sooo...got some white clumps finally 7 jars look great, in one jar a lil whit clump has a black splotch in it. I seperated from the rest to see if it keeps growing. It almost looks like some of the spore clump but idk

#16 Juddlight

Juddlight

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 12:57 AM

Things are kinda slow but the AA+ myc is spreading....being patient haha.
Meanwhile i have 2 jars in the pc right now and plan to shoot em up with columbian rust in the a.m.
Got a 4 pack of spore syringes to play with. Plan on trying a 6 qt bulk tub with one of these jars. Cant wait to see what i get from these projects :)

#17 Juddlight

Juddlight

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 08:30 PM

The AA+ spreading slow n steady.
Nocd 10 APE jars today, got few strains all cpl weeks apart now...gotta keep it going...ya!!! f2e9db248408aafd655d3e3e73c251b5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  • Misfit likes this

#18 Juddlight

Juddlight

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 09:14 PM

More and more by the day...1 jar has a merging finally!!!! b4a6e76401ea0726d41f24c605dd4fa4.jpg9a320c8f88231428df00cfbe1502d46e.jpg

#19 joeya

joeya

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 311 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 03:21 PM

Are your temps still 72? If so is that constant, or does it get cooler at night? Although your stuff is moving along, it seems to be on the slow side to me, these are the jars you nocc'd on June 28, right?

#20 Juddlight

Juddlight

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 01:09 PM

Yeah the AA+ from the 28th. I moved them to an upstairs closet so i didnt have to use a heater where the temp is bout 72 +- a cpl degrees depending on the day. Just as long as they keep going I'll just leave them alone and be patient. But when i fruit them they'll have to go back to the basement where its about 65. I think i read that they'll fruit fine if its a little cooler, am i mistaken? or shld i plan on adding a heater?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!