• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 AnotherOne

AnotherOne

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 07:19 PM

The LawnMowers Friend has been a very controvesial shroom. Still don't know what exactly to think..

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190624_161130.jpg
  • 20190624_161058.jpg
  • 20190626_160328.jpg
  • 20190626_160405.jpg

#2 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 274 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 03:19 AM

Hello Another one, is this the one that is the most common psilocybin mushroom. did you eat them? I like how you did that spore print, if you havent already people will have a better chance IDing with that.

So I have never picked that mushroom before. Besides being one of the most common fungussus fruiting bodies, I have yet to actually find one in the wild either In southern united states. Best of luck

Edited by Moonless, 29 June 2019 - 03:23 AM.

#3 AnotherOne

AnotherOne

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 04:54 AM

Hi Moonless. I found these in a very well kept yard with hardly any weeds. (like almost none) especially near the mushroom. It was a very humid day (all day) I arrived home in the later afternoon and vuwalla. There they were.

I hope this does not upset you or crash any hopes but the actives were not enough to stimulate anything (naadaa). I have read up on these yard hogs and 99% says No active but some here and there have claimed to have the ones which were at some point in their life or another. IDK. I'm left with even greater hopes for future endeavors.

Peace

• roc and Moonless like this

#4 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 633 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 12:35 PM

They look likely to be Paneaolus sp. Which species I'm not sure. Paneaolus foenesicii are very very commonly found on lawns but have a dark brown spore print. I'm not sure if I'm getting the colour accurately from your photo but to me your spore print looks black. If it is jet black then it's more likely you have an active Paneaolus sp. like Pan. subbalteus or similar. (I think Pan. subbalteus are now called Pan. cinctulus now)

#5 joeya

joeya

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 458 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 01:21 PM

That spore print looks promising, but I'm thrown off by the stipe. I would expect an active pan to have dark lines up the stipe, not the smooth pinkish-brown I'm seeing in these. Is there any bluing on the stems? That would be the real giveaway if there is.

• Cuboid likes this

#6 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 633 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 01:30 PM

Better pictures would help :)

Close up of stipe and of gills.
  • joeya likes this

#7 AnotherOne

AnotherOne

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 01:58 PM

I tried them but they did not produce so back in the saddle again.

As for the pics, I know my cell is old like I am and my half decent camera needs a new battery I just haven't gotten a new one yet.

#8 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 633 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 02:24 PM

I wouldn't being 'trying' any mushroom that I hadn't got a positive ID on.
  • Juthro likes this

#9 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,797 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 June 2019 - 02:46 PM

I wouldn't being 'trying' any mushroom that I hadn't got a positive ID on.

Like 'ole Hip3 used to say, all mushrooms are edible, at least once. 

• CatsAndBats likes this

#10 AnotherOne

AnotherOne

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 02:49 PM

I was sure of what they were just the descrepencies in results are too variable so I just did it knowing I would'nt die but not sure of sickness or other causes of ills.

#11 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 633 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 03:09 PM

I was sure of what they were just the descrepencies in results are too variable so I just did it knowing I would'nt die but not sure of sickness or other causes of ills.

Which species had you decided it was?

#12 AnotherOne

AnotherOne

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 03:44 PM

Panaiolus foenisceii

Due to the spore print being tinted bluish/ purple (hope you can see it) as I mentioned my cell is trash. took me many a tries to that decent.

Attached Thumbnails

• pic 1.jpg
  • pic 2.jpg
  • pic 3.jpg

• makinbones69 and ItBeBasidia like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!