• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#41 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 08:29 AM

I’ll be watching this to see where you go. Good idea changing the agar. It makes the myc much more adaptable to different food sources.

And any experiment is always fun

Peace and good vibes
  • Misfit and Tomfa like this

#42 Asura

Asura

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 118 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 August 2019 - 09:10 AM

Way late to the party, Misfit, but just wanted to acknowledge your intro. I was clean for about 22.5 years and then spent the last 8 years drinking like an

idiot. One trip completely turned me into a non-drinker. 6 months free from that poison. I know a lot of people who are still members of a certain

12-step program that are using mushrooms or ayahuasca for deep healing...and they don't consider it "using". It's medicine and for me that's

a fact not an opinion.

Anyway, awesome work. This is the most rewarding hobby. Nothing I like seeing more than someone catching the cultivation bug.

• crazy1, MsBehavin420, Thirdeyeplants and 1 other like this

#43 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 701 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 09:30 AM

I was part of one that uses the term “clean” and I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t have been considered ok. A few things transpired that shifted my perception on the whole thing. My sponsor came clean about smoking weed for over a year and a half. No big deal, except he lied about it the whole time. I also moved from right outside Boston to southern Arizona. I took the actions of my sponsor pretty personally and subconsciously refused to connect with people here. Either way. I have stepped away from the fellowship I was part of. It’s been close to a year now. I haven’t ran back to the needle or touched a drop of alcohol. I know I’ve built a beautiful life since that dark point of my life and am not willing to compromise it.
I’m glad you got back on track. IMO alcohol is a terrible drug.
  • crazy1, Microbe, bezevo and 1 other like this

#44 Mush2Learn

Mush2Learn

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 10:07 AM

Sober almost 2 years here after 10 years of drinking. Bourbon was my choice liquor, sun up to sun down. Never left home without a flask or a half pint bottle filled up. Using mushrooms and microdosing LSD rewired my brain I swear it. I don't even have the urge or desire to drink, and the smell of cigarettes makes me nauseous.

Good job all around guys. Glad to be here in such good company.
  • crazy1 and Thirdeyeplants like this

#45 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 701 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 10:26 AM

Sober almost 2 years here after 10 years of drinking. Bourbon was my choice liquor, sun up to sun down. Never left home without a flask or a half pint bottle filled up. Using mushrooms and microdosing LSD rewired my brain I swear it. I don't even have the urge or desire to drink, and the smell of cigarettes makes me nauseous.

Good job all around guys. Glad to be here in such good company.

I’ve been vaping for years. I hope to get to that point with it. And congrats on the 2yr.

#46 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 701 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 10:42 AM

Quick update as I come close to the end of my work week. Looking forward to my 3 days off. I have a few mycochores lined up.
So I have been moving into grain, and experimenting with some stuff. I have spawned a dubtub of African Transkei and one of my Acadian coast clone. They colonized and have both been cased and closed off. It’s really odd not having to worry about misting and fanning. I have 6 more jars of Redboy hybrid which was gifted from a member. They should be ready to spawn in the next few days.

Speaking if misting and fanning. My last 9 trays of Acadian coast have all dwindled off to nothing. 3rd flush pushed out very low yield of very small fruits. Most of them have mutations. That was only on a few of the trays. They have been dunked and all that. I am curious if there was anything else I could have done. They put out 2 decent flushes though and I’m not upset with that. With my focus being in grain, LC , and agar work my attention to them has also dwindled, I noticed some trich broke out on one of the trays.

I have an LC that is coming along nicely. It was a honey LC with mycelium form an African Transkei agar plate. I have a few others prepared and awaiting tissue. I also invested in some LME, and some dextrose. Most likely will be using that for LC on the next round. Not a huge fan of the color of the honey LC.

WIth the recent purchase of LME I will also be changing my agar from a PDA recipe that has been using instant potatoes.

Just some things I have been working on. Trying to get some of my thought process out. I am always open to any feedback.
Thanks for the time.
  • crazy1 and joeya like this

#47 Asura

Asura

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 118 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 August 2019 - 05:13 PM

Hey Misfit, if you are getting into LC, I cannot recommend stir plates enough. It really speeds up the process. If I start from a few agar wedges, my LC's are typically

ready in 4-5 days for cyans and 5-6 with cubes. And LME+dextrose is all I use no matter what:

5g LME

20g dextrose (I use karo so this is about 1 tbsp)

500ml dH20

Simple recipe that has never let me down.

#48 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 701 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 05:26 PM

Hey Misfit, if you are getting into LC, I cannot recommend stir plates enough. It really speeds up the process. If I start from a few agar wedges, my LC's are typically
ready in 4-5 days for cyans and 5-6 with cubes. And LME+dextrose is all I use no matter what:

5g LME
20g dextrose (I use karo so this is about 1 tbsp)
500ml dH20

Simple recipe that has never let me down.

Already bought one. Appreciate the heads up brother. Thanks for the recipe as well. Something about the color from the honey is throwing me off. I’ll admit I’m quirky about dumb stuff.

#49 Asura

Asura

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 118 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 August 2019 - 06:17 PM

Well LME is not much better. Even at the small amounts like 5g it won't all go into solution (but the myc will eat it up). 20 minutes in the PC and you

are still gonna have some caramelization...if that's what you mean 

#50 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 701 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 10:29 PM

Just wanted to share how pretty this blue came out. I miss the ocean.

a0cee133d9fee4deecfa6b32e070c9bd.jpg
  • crazy1, joeya and Moonless like this

#51 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 701 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 07:50 AM

Nice surprise before leaving for work. My first shoebox is pinning. 2 weeks after spawned. Acadian coast which was cloned and isolated on agar.
  • Phungivore, crazy1, bezevo and 2 others like this

#52 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 701 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 08:45 PM

1cf03b1b1b3e41981483f536870a25b3.jpg
Got some pins on the African Transkei shoebox. This was spore swab isolated on agar. Ponder isn’t the most impressive but who knows what will happen i the next day or so. Either way I was expecting to have to clone these and isolate further.
  • crazy1 and ItBeBasidia like this

#53 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 701 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 08:49 PM

7b3f8f1f1a9bcadfbfca1671a6de1e05.jpgf4750978ff45d616d2c7ff0f9d22d5c0.jpg
Here is the shoebox of Acadian Coast. Clone tissue taken from last grow. Isolated down on agar. This was cased 2 days after the African Transkei. Really hard to get pics with the top on but there are clusters everywhere.
  • ItBeBasidia likes this

#54 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 701 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 08:48 PM

984f5f3e3819a5238cddde92a0cf8dcd.jpgdc444211bfa3f858973fb5555661e6c8.jpg
  • sandman, crazy1, ElPirana and 3 others like this

#55 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 701 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:22 AM

Either getting the hang of this, or got lucky. Either way I’ll take it.
2f9d2b2913e3efa1bbb31c81762cbe40.jpg
  • ElPirana and Mush2Learn like this

#56 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 701 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:27 AM

1014a60bad946dea797afd1f03a6cca7.jpg
Both are GT spore swab. First isolation.
  • sandman, crazy1, Advocate4TheMT and 3 others like this

#57 Mush2Learn

Mush2Learn

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 155 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:30 AM

Those are beautiful man!
  • Misfit likes this

#58 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 701 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:31 AM

My fiancé said better than fireworks.
  • Advocate4TheMT likes this

#59 sandman

sandman

Mansplainer

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,663 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 August 2019 - 08:30 AM

Why 3 transfers on one plate? Looking good.

#60 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 701 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:03 AM

Why 3 transfers on one plate? Looking good.

I think I had just seen someone else do it. That was the first move from the swab. I’ll go down to two, then a single.
I definitely goes through less jars that way. Not totally against that.
  • Advocate4TheMT likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!