Couple of points to get out of the way first:
1. When I say kids, i'm talking adult. They will always be my kids no matter what age
2. Kids=family tree. Long after you and me are gone
Anyway, if you say no, then you have to understand why its ok for you and not for them. Otherwise, the only plausible answer has to be you possess an acute form of self loathing
If you answer yes, then you must define the narrow circumstances under which you would be willing to introduce your kids to this alternative reality.
My thoughts after a week:
1. My kids are 10 and 12 so i have a good 10 years or so to make a decision. This is one of those decisions (questions) that cannot be answered off the top of my head. This is gonna take years of observation.
2. I'm starting to see that the answer to this extremely difficult question is intricately tied to the purpose of making these mushrooms a part of my life. If i want a cheap thrill or escape reality, then NO i dont want to introduce my kids to it. If it is to pursue a deepening of my spiritual life and actually does advance a spiritual progress, makes me a better person, then it is likely to help them as well
3. Therefore, the mushrooms must be utilized in a medicinal/therapeutic before any consideration can be given to pass it on, Otherwise it's best if i just keep it to myself which is totally a selfish way to go.