• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Opendoors

Opendoors

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 128 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 03:22 PM

My gf is on lexapro ....is that why shes having bad trips?
  • MsBehavin420 likes this

#2 Opendoors

Opendoors

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 128 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 03:25 PM

I don't mean to quote myself but I'm.... well I dont know what im doing
Anyway my gf is on lexapro an SSRI we had fun until she started taking them now she gets bad stomach and head aches ...she goes blank(as she describes it)and isbasically out of her beautiful mind

#3 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,605 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 July 2019 - 04:16 PM

I don't mean to quote myself but I'm.... well I dont know what im doing
Anyway my gf is on lexapro an SSRI we had fun until she started taking them now she gets bad stomach and head aches ...she goes blank(as she describes it)and isbasically out of her beautiful mind

Yes. It doesn't effect everyone the same way, but when I was on an SSRI I could barely trip. I also know that some of my friends have no problem.

It is advisable that she not ingest them anymore, since she's sensitive to them mixing, she could actually be suffering from serotonin syndrome:

Serotonin syndrome can occur if you are taking medications, particularly antidepressants that affect the body's level of serotonin. The greatest risk of serotonin syndrome occurs if you are taking two or more drugs and/or supplements together that influence serotonin. The condition is more likely to occur when you first start a medicine or increase the dose.

The most commonly prescribed class of antidepressants, which work by increasing serotonin, are the serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs).These include citalopram (Celexa), escitalopram (Lexapro), fluoxetine (Prozac), fluvoxamine (Luvox), paroxetine (Paxil), and sertraline (Zoloft).

https://www.webmd.co...toms-treatments

It can be fatal.

She shouldn't ingest any psychedelic while on an SSRI, and she shouldn't for one month after ceasing to take said SSRI, that's how long it takes to get it out of one's system.

Edited by CatsAndBats, 03 July 2019 - 04:28 PM.

• bugs, Foster, Cigarsam and 3 others like this

#4 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 599 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 04:21 PM

It's commonly reported that SSRI's will partially block the effects of Psilocybin/Psilocin. The reason/mechanism isn't fully understood.

If I was her, I'd proceed with great caution. It may be that the reason she is on Lexapro in the first place makes doing 'shrooms a not too good idea ...

Try looking around Erowid.

I found this https://www.erowid.o...2=304&C1=3&Str=

Stay safe.

• bugs and Opendoors like this

#5 Thirdeyeplants

Thirdeyeplants

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 160 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 05:44 PM

This exact scenario is what brought me here to mycotopia. I got really scared when the "medicine" that always helped me find a reset button was no longer responding. Well, that and the crippling depression and anxiety. There is extensive research that pointed me in the direction of the 5HTP receptors and related health supplements. I have found great resolve and clarity in the "treatments" I have chosen, but for me the first step was to get away from the SSRI. (That was my choice and the correct one for me. I understand this is not the case for everyone) you are in the right place, as I found a good majority of my early information right here...
  • bugs, CatsAndBats, MsBehavin420 and 2 others like this

#6 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,605 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 July 2019 - 06:07 PM

This exact scenario is what brought me here to mycotopia. I got really scared when the "medicine" that always helped me find a reset button was no longer responding. Well, that and the crippling depression and anxiety. There is extensive research that pointed me in the direction of the 5HTP receptors and related health supplements. I have found great resolve and clarity in the "treatments" I have chosen, but for me the first step was to get away from the SSRI. (That was my choice and the correct one for me. I understand this is not the case for everyone) you are in the right place, as I found a good majority of my early information right here...

I did the same thing. I was like, "Why don't I try the medicine that I grow? Duh". I talked to my physician and my therapist and went off all of the meds (xanex, prozak and kpins) under their supervision. I've been microdosing ever since.

I've had three friends/clients tell me that microdosing took away their suicidal tendencies.

• bezevo, JanetPlanet and Pakil like this

#7 Thirdeyeplants

Thirdeyeplants

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 160 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 07:53 PM

I am in the same boat. However I weaned myself off "against doctors orders" my doc pretty much told me he was in over his head here and that his next recommendation was to look into a "supervised observation" or maybe I have some ideas for other treatments that we have discussed *wink wink...

#8 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,285 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 July 2019 - 11:28 PM

SSRI's are known to block the effects. It has with my daughter and myself. I actually do better without them.

#9 Opendoors

Opendoors

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 128 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 09:52 AM

Thank all of you all , I'm out of likes, or I would give all your comments likes ...very informative , exactly what I needed hear- shes not going to ingest anymore mushrooms until she gets out from under the pharmaceutical thumb
We drank an ethanol extract , that had been steeping for a week , last night- 7 grams a piece- filtered off the mush and drank the everclear....I was immediately where I wanted to be, she didnt feel them at all other then head and stomach pain, she even ran a fever for awhile- were out here camping , its 90 degrees and she was shivering
  • Cuboid likes this

#10 Thirdeyeplants

Thirdeyeplants

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 160 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 10:35 PM

I had quite a few similar experiences with close friends, they all got where they wanted to and I was left behind. Do you or does she notice any of the positive after affects. Although I could never really have a full experience, I did however notice a general uplift in my spirits and mental clarity for the next few days and sometimes weeks. My partner even commented on it a few times when she was not even aware I had consumed any mushrooms...

#11 Opendoors

Opendoors

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 128 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 11:05 PM

I had quite a few similar experiences with close friends, they all got where they wanted to and I was left behind. Do you or does she notice any of the positive after affects. Although I could never really have a full experience, I did however notice a general uplift in my spirits and mental clarity for the next few days and sometimes weeks. My partner even commented on it a few times when she was not even aware I had consumed any mushrooms...

Man she been sleeping all day , I dont think I'd call it positive

#12 Thirdeyeplants

Thirdeyeplants

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 160 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 11:16 PM

I'm a sorry to hear that...

#13 Opendoors

Opendoors

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 01:48 PM

I'm a sorry to hear that...

It's all good she just cant do anymore until she gets off her lexapro

#14 Moonless

Moonless

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 163 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 08:33 PM

Hey so this hits me personally. I'm very happy to share my experience together with many others whom have experienced what happens when shrooms are mixed with an SSRI. First off very glad that seratonin syndrom has been discussed, I often forget about it myself and got a re up on the knowledge. So.

My girlfriend is on an SSRI also. Depression is tough and I think that SSRI is fine, but its not the medicine that cured my depression. Shrooms were. So naturally I want my girlfriend to enjoy and be healed from shrooms, but I've noticed that she trips much much less. The effects are alway much less for her, however the medicine and spirit is able to get through. Every shrooms trip I have I ask the medicine to help her and she has shown interest into cultivating that medicine for herself. And I am so greatful that the spirit comes through to her when we trip.

Through this, I am hoping that she learns a lifelong skill, and is able recover from depression. That is all we can do, to put options out there, but ultimately we must let them decide for themselves. In the end if she doesn't have or believe in the same medicine that wee do then I must let her find the path towrads it and aid her, instead of giving her fishes.

In terms of tripping, I think that bad trips are just trips that we have to have to experience to reach better trips in the future.  It is possible that bad trips make her rethink about tripping. Trips often make people rethink what they thought tripping was, and it is an intense experience. 

All those whom have shared their experience should be able to be good resources for the future. 

• Opendoors likes this

#15 Thirdeyeplants

Thirdeyeplants

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 160 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 11:44 PM

With the right mentality you can never lose, you only win or you learn. With my high tolerance and trying to get to the root cause, what I have found is that supporting the building blocks for your brain to function more effectively (in my case regarding seratonin levels I have found great results with L-lysine and GABA supplements) and an ability to ride things out has been beneficial. I.E. my "experiences" for the last few years have never been fun in the moment, I have had zero visuals and every time I am taken to a deeply emotional place that reduces me to tears. I walk away feeling let down and frustrated that I didn't "learn more". It takes a few days before I can really process the lessons I learned and I always look back fondly. That level of patience for my mind to process the "therapeutic trauma" has carried over into much of my life and relieves a lot of stress. I have found this ability very helpful while cultivating(or maybe that is where I'm learning It) that 48hrs will provide great clarity. It may not be what I want, but it must be what I need...
  • Opendoors likes this

#16 Opendoors

Opendoors

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 July 2019 - 11:25 AM

Maybe "bad trip" was a wrong way of putting it since she didn't get any of the effects of the mushrooms at all it was all physical ,head aches , stomach pain, shivering, dry heaving , nothing mental other she said her mind was blank

I've been ingesting for 20 years and I'm not sure if I've ever really had a bad trip, I've had unpleasant ones ... I still enjoy them and have fun almost everytime , but lately I've been kind of abusing them by ingesting 5 to 7 grams twice a week for the last few months and it's got to the point where the positive experiences are getting less and less and the unpleasantness is increasing (I actually just started a thread on it a few days ago)my last few trips have had me cornered off in the dark parts of my mind even my hallucinations have been dark...I hear screams , and sounds have become scary...what's always been the most unpleasant part to me is laying awake all night stuck in my thoughts even after the psilocybin has mostly wore off, I'm a creative writer and my thoughts never stop , sometimes my imagination tortures me when I try to sleep, especially lately... I tried mikey's ethanol extract on the 3rd and that really helped alot with that ...but 7 grams still didnt get me quit as far as I was hoping, I just need to take a break for awhile and let my tolerance go down

As far as growing being therapeutic,I believe that 100% I've been an addict for 20 years and as soon as I started growing 2 years ago I quit doing drugs , mycology helps to fill those empty spaces that I used to fill with drugs and I'm now 2 years clean, I just need to learn to pace myself with the mushrooms ,I put everything I had( 200grams) in everclear and I dont plan on touching it for 2 months

As far as my gf I feel bad for her because shes extremely spiritual and when I introduced her to mushrooms a couple years ago it was exactly what she was looking for
But the doctors convinced her she needed lexapro, grrr , I hate pharmaceuticals

Anyway thanks you all for your info

Edited by Opendoors, 06 July 2019 - 11:26 AM.

• Moonless likes this

#17 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,592 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 July 2019 - 12:03 PM

Around here, this is the time to harvest St.John's Wort flowers.  I don't know if it would have the same interactions with psilocybin/psilocin, but that's very possible. 

https://www.herbal-s...johns-wort.html

• Opendoors likes this

#18 Opendoors

Opendoors

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 July 2019 - 12:26 PM

Around here, this is the time to harvest St.John's Wort flowers. I don't know if it would have the same interactions with psilocybin/psilocin, but that's very possible.

https://www.herbal-s...johns-wort.html

Interesting, I may start growing that next

#19 Moonless

Moonless

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 163 posts

Posted 06 July 2019 - 12:42 PM

Maybe "bad trip" was a wrong way of putting it since she didn't get any of the effects of the mushrooms at all it was all physical ,head aches , stomach pain, shivering, dry heaving , nothing mental other she said her mind was blank

I've been ingesting for 20 years and I'm not sure if I've ever really had a bad trip, I've had unpleasant ones ... I still enjoy them and have fun almost everytime , but lately I've been kind of abusing them by ingesting 5 to 7 grams twice a week for the last few months and it's got to the point where the positive experiences are getting less and less and the unpleasantness is increasing (I actually just started a thread on it a few days ago)my last few trips have had me cornered off in the dark parts of my mind even my hallucinations have been dark...I hear screams , and sounds have become scary...what's always been the most unpleasant part to me is laying awake all night stuck in my thoughts even after the psilocybin has mostly wore off, I'm a creative writer and my thoughts never stop , sometimes my imagination tortures me when I try to sleep, especially lately... I tried mikey's ethanol extract on the 3rd and that really helped alot with that ...but 7 grams still didnt get me quit as far as I was hoping, I just need to take a break for awhile and let my tolerance go down

As far as growing being therapeutic,I believe that 100% I've been an addict for 20 years and as soon as I started growing 2 years ago I quit doing drugs , mycology helps to fill those empty spaces that I used to fill with drugs and I'm now 2 years clean, I just need to learn to pace myself with the mushrooms ,I put everything I had( 200grams) in everclear and I dont plan on touching it for 2 months

As far as my gf I feel bad for her because shes extremely spiritual and when I introduced her to mushrooms a couple years ago it was exactly what she was looking for
But the doctors convinced her she needed lexapro, grrr , I hate pharmaceuticals

Anyway thanks you all for your info

Sound like a good plan. Best of luck, when you let the effects ware off you will have a lower tolerance. I have found that 2 weeks off is sufficient to reset the tolerance and one a week is a sweet spot to maintain a low tolerance. I wish you and your GF well!

• Opendoors likes this

#20 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,592 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 July 2019 - 12:51 PM

Here in the cool PNW, it grows in rocky southern exposures.  It may be around where you are.

st-johns-wort-is1.jpg

• deepblueseawhale likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!