49 replies to this topic

#1 AnotherOne

AnotherOne

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 04:34 AM

Hi folks.

I just wanted to start a log of a sense and see if I may derive some direct feedback per the information I provide along this very, very first grow ever, ever. 

I can not tell a lie. I have also engaged others in this world of wonders for the same stances as I am here, So here we go.

It all began at 6:00 pm with the through cleaning of a space on a shelf in the basement.
Used alcohol and wiped everything down then sprayed Lysol.

At 6:40 pm prepared for inoculation. Unpackaged pre prepared Rye Berry Starter Kit, followed sterilization instructions here, used alcohol burner - red glow - squirt to cool. Inserted and placed 1-1/2 to 2 cc in each 5lb sealed bag.
Temperature was at 72 degrees F. Humidity at 91%.

Over the next 3 days the temp ranged from 70 F to 65 F with humidity between 80 - 87 %.

One window (no curtain) so natural light during the day and natural night at night.

Nothing else to report, As it has now been only four days since Inoculation.

I have been reading a members posts (very interesting) so I might use one bag and follow (as closely as I can) his example and use the other with some interesting ideas of my own which will still be along lines of other members posts. (dually applicable).

I'm really excited about this and I pray I do not fail. For my sake as well as all who are and will read these posts.

If at anytime you have a pitch play go for it (post it), I am hungry for knowledge and those who read in future time I would imagine are too. (all dually applicable. noted:)

Attached Thumbnails

• Front View Innoced.jpg
  • Side View Innoced.jpg
  • Bottom View Innoced (note the gap).jpg

Edited by coorsmikey, 20 July 2019 - 04:48 PM.
Removed formatting pasted from other forum

#2 peacefrog

peacefrog

Peaceful Frog

• 2,326 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 July 2019 - 05:24 AM

Welcome to Topia!

Is your ultimate goal to fruit outdoors?

Good vibes thrown your way and I am pulling up a chair for this one.

I never could get the damn things to fruit personally. In the 2 times I tried to fruit them, my weather would never get below 60 for more than a day or so. The climate is quite crazy where I call home. Mycelium grew perfect every time, but those stubborn things never would fruit lol.

I wish you luck and keep us updated.

#3 AnotherOne

AnotherOne

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 06:21 AM

peacefrog,

Is this post a automated set up?

Curious only because I believe I have seen the exact post before.

What do I know?

Up Up and Away.) 

#4 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,796 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 July 2019 - 07:49 AM

Here's a nugget from @myc about them:

https://mycotopia.ne...y/#entry1378145

Even though I think this is another species (active woodlovers are not my forte), @foster executes an indoor grow flawlessly and I imagine the parameters are similar:

https://mycotopia.ne...r-only-2015-16/

And here's the mother of all active woodlover's threads:

https://mycotopia.ne...lover-grow-log/

• Foster likes this

#5 AnotherOne

AnotherOne

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 12:21 PM

Thank You Good Sir.

Happy 4th.

Friends don't let friends lose appendages.

Keep Safe Brother.

#6 AnotherOne

AnotherOne

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 12:35 PM

peacefrog.

I am trying to avoid outdoors grows, I have neighbors that tend to be looking in my direction often.

Thanks for the Goodness, Always appreciated.

I may be sitting at temps too low now due to running the A/C. Day 4 and now at 62 F and 80 %.

I am half tempted to remove 1 bag and add some alder chips and maybe even some potting mix with fertilizer. IDK at this point.

#7 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,759 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 July 2019 - 02:02 PM

Azures are extremely difficult to fruit indoors. P. cyans might a better bet but also difficult. In fact Azures for most folks are very hard to fruit outside. Not impossible, just hard...

Edited by hyphaenation, 04 July 2019 - 02:03 PM.

• Foster, CatsAndBats, peacefrog and 1 other like this

#8 AnotherOne

AnotherOne

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 02:39 PM

I appreciate the flow there hyphaenation, this I am aware of now but, since I had already purchased the lil ones, I figure what the hay, either way (produces or not) I am still coming out ahead if for nothing else I fail, but yet have a notch under my belt. )

It is a pure Win, Win regardless of the outcome.

• peacefrog and k5h like this

#9 peacefrog

peacefrog

Peaceful Frog

• 2,326 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 July 2019 - 08:35 PM

With that attitude, you will go far in this hobby of ours.

Again good vibes my friend.

#10 AnotherOne

AnotherOne

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 03:50 PM

I absolutely Pray so peacefrog.

#11 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,759 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 July 2019 - 10:31 PM

Do you live in a climate that gets cold in the fall? People have had success colonizing tubs inside in the summer and setting them in a cold porch and then bringing them back in as it looks like freezing... Waylitjim did this with several woodloving species. 

• Foster, peacefrog, bezevo and 2 others like this

#12 Foster

Foster

cyanophile

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,254 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 July 2019 - 12:06 AM

I may be sitting at temps too low now due to running the A/C. Day 4 and now at 62 F and 80 %.

I am half tempted to remove 1 bag and add some alder chips and maybe even some potting mix with fertilizer. IDK at this point.

Ok well prepare to hurry up and wait, cause its gonna take a while.    So you just Inoculated? No sign of germination yet?

1.5 to 2 cc per 5lb bag is a little light.  They will probably germinate fine at 65-80ºF.

Since you started with grain you will have to let it fully colonize the bags before opening, or risk contamination. Do not open one and add wood or soil now.

That bag might take 1 month - 2 months to colonize? Temps after germination are not a huge concern as long as its 60's-70"s.

Then when you transfer to Alder or wood, prepare for another 1- 6 months for it to colonize.

You are playing the long game with this variety.  For now, just keep things clean, and in the right temp range. Humidity should take care of itself in the bags.

If all goes perfectly you might be ready to fruit indoor by winter, but I'd expect spring maybe next year at earliest. Just put em away, let them do their thing.

Good luck

• coorsmikey, Seeker2be and peacefrog like this

#13 AnotherOne

AnotherOne

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 July 2019 - 07:09 AM

Hi.

Asked first answered first. hyphaenation - I live in the USDA  Zone 5a but so close to 4b I can smell it each time I go outside. lol

We can get monster cold spells, wind and snow so I am encouraged at least by that.

And to Foster, Sir I apologize, the grain bags are only 1 lb. each not 5 (my mistake) ' (, That's a pure taste of the shit I've been feeding me. lol.

And please be wary, I am really liking what I am reading in the petrie dish tek's. It's gonna cost me for the supplies but I think I can get that culture to work. Interestingly dumb maybe..

Peace

#14 Foster

Foster

cyanophile

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,254 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 July 2019 - 11:40 AM

And to Foster, Sir I apologize, the grain bags are only 1 lb. each not 5 (my mistake) ' (, That's a pure taste of the shit I've been feeding me. lol.

:D  Its all good. So you can knock some time off the grain colonization.! Great, less chance of stall or contams. But in general, the time frame I stated is still about what I estimate. Keep it coming, Good stuff :)

#15 MizTwyst

MizTwyst

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 09:29 PM

Beginner here, gonna try an indoor azure grow.

I will be working off of Waylit's Woodlover Tek and Azurescens Liquid Culture, wish me luck haha.

#16 Foster

Foster

cyanophile

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,254 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 July 2019 - 02:36 AM

Beginner here, gonna try an indoor azure grow.

I will be working off of Waylit's Woodlover Tek and Azurescens Liquid Culture, wish me luck haha.

Good luck :) Waylit's stuff is fantastic. It certainly got me interested in ps.cyans and azures.  Not the easiest for a beginner, but study up, read the archives here to, the old ones/vaults. gold in there i tell ya pure gold!

• MizTwyst likes this

#17 AnotherOne

AnotherOne

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 06:39 PM

Indeed, Good Luck MizTwyst.

#18 AnotherOne

AnotherOne

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 06:47 PM

So all, Nothing Super Duper Stupendous to share but here's what I am.

Sitting on Day 12, temps still very steady within 3 degrees either way, (6 degrees total). Not bad, I don't think.

I first saw the mycelium on day 7 as just a light glint but knew what it was right away. ) Youuu Houuu...  

Here are some Pics I took just minutes ago.

Attached Thumbnails

• Completing Day 12 P. Az's Bag 1 (1).JPG
  • Completing Day 12 P. Az's Bag 1 (2).JPG
  • Completing Day 12 P. Az's Bag 2 (1).JPG
  • Completing Day 12 P. Az's Bag 2 (2).JPG
  • Day 12 Temps Steady (1).JPG

• Foster and peacefrog like this

#19 Foster

Foster

cyanophile

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,254 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 July 2019 - 12:07 PM

Looking good!  Nice growth.  

I have a hard time seeing pics when I open them to full size on this page. Looks better when I open to a new tab. Not sure if resizing to 50%-75% before posting might help?

Btw, you are either a time traveler or need to reset the date on your cam :laugh: :blink:

#20 AnotherOne

AnotherOne

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 12:30 PM

Thanks Foster.

I will check into the pics issue.

As for the time traveler question, Yes, Why Yes I am, but I do not have a cam, so not sure what ya mean Sir.

• Foster likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!