73 replies to this topic

#61 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,418 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 July 2019 - 11:35 PM

CallMeCrazy, looking at your new avatar image, I couldn't read much of the quote from John Lennon, but with the first few words, I was able to get it in a search. 

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.

~John Lennon

It's true, we may not be able to do much anymore as individuals in what's left of the system, and then it's never been what it proclaimed itself to be.  Someone rich has always had their thumbs on the scales, both in economics and justice.  But then, while I may scream and yell about its hypocrisy, I am not unhappy.  Shit's just the way it is, but I'm still happy to be here now.  I am afraid that my ability to laugh about dire shit affects my relationships with the world who takes it all so much more seriously, and I can see that's not easily understood.  But still, I can't pretend to be unhappy.   I might not like the details, but hey, I'm alive, and in awe and wonder at all of it. 

When the deep state's mind controlled Mark David Chapman shot John Lennon, I'm sure he shot a happy man.  I think John fought so well for the good, because he was happy.  Not happy about.... but just happy.  One can be happy and not happy about... 

• CallMeCrazy and ElPirana like this

#62 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,418 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 July 2019 - 09:58 AM

What bothers me the most is all the pro and anti debates. People are too blind to see through these fogs to realize the overlords and media are fueling these flames of distraction to keep us all from focusing on how the cost of living keeps rising and wages are not keeping pace.  ...it used to be feasible for most families to take their kids to Disney or the grand canyon or camping. Now most people are lucky if 5they can afford a week or two off just to be at home. We have become slaves to an owned system.

I thought of this post when I just heard this last segment (cued up below) of this week's edition of Redacted Tonight (be advised that "RT is funded in whole or in part by the Russian government" {thank you UToob for staying on top of this for us}):

[Direct Link]

Edited by Alder Logs, 27 July 2019 - 10:50 AM.

#63 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,455 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 July 2019 - 01:40 PM

[Direct Link]

• Alder Logs likes this

#64 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• OG VIP
  • 3,539 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 July 2019 - 05:29 PM

All political discussions on internet forums eventually turn into poo flinging fights.

Edited by dead_diver, 27 July 2019 - 05:30 PM.

• roc, SteampunkScientist and Thacan like this

#65 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,972 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 July 2019 - 05:57 PM

Welcome to the Shit Show!!!
  • roc likes this

#66 CallMeCrazy

CallMeCrazy

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 July 2019 - 07:55 PM

@Alder Logs yes we can be happy you are correct, I just agree with George Carlin about the owners of this country. I am sure most of you know it, if not goto YouTube and search George Carlin The Big Club. Lol. He was a man ahead of his time for sure.
  • Alder Logs likes this

#67 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,418 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 July 2019 - 08:47 PM

@Alder Logs yes we can be happy you are correct, I just agree with George Carlin about the owners of this country. I am sure most of you know it, if not goto YouTube and search George Carlin The Big Club. Lol. He was a man ahead of his time for sure.

I have posted that Carlin video more than once here over the past years.   "It's called the American Dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it."

That was a pithy 37 minutes, Juth.   I had skipped it on Y'ube because it was so long.  I watched it here and the time was not wasted.

Edited by Alder Logs, 27 July 2019 - 08:48 PM.

• Juthro and Thacan like this

#68 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,455 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 July 2019 - 10:38 PM

That was a pithy 37 minutes, Juth.   I had skipped it on Y'ube because it was so long.  I watched it here and the time was not wasted.

I rarely watch videos that long due to my limited attention span,  but I was glad I stuck with it for that one.

• Alder Logs likes this

#69 CallMeCrazy

CallMeCrazy

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 121 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 10:19 PM

Just curious is anyone familiar with agenda 21? If not you should look it up. Stay awake my friends.

#70 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,972 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 August 2019 - 10:25 AM

Glenn Beck had some books ghost written about the "Agenda 21" scenario.  While I am sure there are people who would want this sort of thing (Georgia Guidestones come to mind)  I am not quite convinced anyone has the power to carry this out, or even if it would be possible without pretty much killing everything.

But yeah, yet another vision for utopia that would end in distopia should anyone ever attempt it.

And Glenn Beck is a nut job in my humble opinion.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 02 August 2019 - 10:25 AM.

• Juthro likes this

#71 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,972 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 August 2019 - 06:10 PM

A interesting perspective.

[Direct Link]

• Alder Logs likes this

#72 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,418 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 August 2019 - 11:53 AM

God & Country

Religion, Politics, and Government. General systems of faith, ethics, and morals.

I find this video goes deeply into the ideas that are supposed to be guiding this discussion.

[Direct Link]

• ElPirana likes this

#73 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,418 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 August 2019 - 01:37 PM

I was slow in deciding whether to post the above video in Pearls of Wisdom or here, as on my second listening, there are many such pearls all the way through.  I do hope many of us take a listen to it.  Thank you.

• ElPirana likes this

#74 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 09:02 PM

God & Country
Religion, Politics, and Government. General systems of faith, ethics, and morals.

I find this video goes deeply into the ideas that are supposed to be guiding this discussion.

[Direct Link]

Great video! I really appreciate Gabor Mate’s work. A lot of the ideas they discuss I’ve been digging into in myself a lot over the past months and it’s changing the way I interact with my kids. I’m hoping that even though they grow up in this unhealthy society, at the very least I can try to identify my issues so that I don’t pass them down and also give my kids the ability to fully go through their emotions without fear or shame, and then not have to work that out later in life when it would inevitably arise.
  • Alder Logs likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!