• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#81 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,640 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2019 - 07:40 PM

I can't say Trump isn't despicable, but would caution all against creating a President Pence.

Impeachment is just like anything else; timing is everything.

• Juthro and CatsAndBats like this

#82 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 9,556 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2019 - 11:53 PM

I dont see Pence having enough backing, or enough time to be able to do squat if he were to become the POTUS by default.   This late in the game I  would prefer him over the Cheeto, all day long.  At least he is predicable.

Pence by himself is too extreme to have enough backing to win a presidential election.  He would get to be a lame duck for less then a year, and either another republican contender would have to enter the race, or the surviving democrat is virtually guaranteed the win.

Edited by Juthro, 13 November 2019 - 11:54 PM.

• Sidestreet likes this

#83 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,640 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 December 2019 - 02:27 PM

I'm starting to suspect that there's a clever anti-Trump operative working in the Trump campaign. Nobody can be THAT tone-deaf, can they? CAN THEY??

Nothing else seems to explain this face-palm worthy idiocy except the possibility that it's absolutely brilliant:

https://www.bbc.com/...t-arts-50741594

[I left out the image sent out in the tweet of Trump's head on Thanos' body just as Thanos is about to snap his fingers since we all know what Trump looks like, but suffice to say it's the usual embarrassingly-bad photoshopping effort typical of the hard-Right]

Thanos creator labels Donald Trump a 'pompous fool' after Avengers tweet

On Tuesday, the creator of Thanos called US President Donald Trump a "pompous fool" after his team used the Marvel villain in a campaign video.
A doctored Avengers film clip showed Mr Trump's head on Thanos's body.

The responses on Twitter included one from historian and author Kevin M Kruse, who noted: "You've made Trump a supervillain and depicted him in the scene where his plan to kill everyone in the universe falls apart due to his arrogance and incompetence."

The creator of the character had a few words to add as well:

"After my initial feeling of being violated, seeing that pompous fool using my creation to stroke his infantile ego, it finally struck me that the leader of my country and the free world actually enjoys comparing himself to a mass murderer," said Jim Starlin, who introduced Thanos in the 1970s.

"How sick is that? These are sad and strange times we are going through. Fortunately, all things, even national nightmares, eventually come to an end," he told The Hollywood Reporter.

The world was introduced to the evil Narcissistic character called "Trump" in the 70's, too. Coincidence? I think not!

I like the optimism about the ending, at least.

Edited by TVCasualty, 11 December 2019 - 02:30 PM.

• Juthro likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!