• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 CallMeCrazy

CallMeCrazy

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 July 2019 - 09:32 PM

It's been a long time since I had any psych's, I didn't know what I was doing when I was a kid, and my question I guess is about the different types of strains and their respective affects. Which are the most intense and which are more mellow? I know a persons size and all that make a difference but how long does the interaction last with different strains? Thank you in advance for any answers.

• GalenOl and DavidDiaks like this

#2 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,538 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 July 2019 - 01:12 AM

Actually, I dont think body size plays that much of a role in it. I am 5'10, 165 lbs. I have level 4 trips on 1.5 grams. I know smaller people who are hard headed that can take 6 grams or more and barely have any effects and need to dose 10+ grams to get the same effects that I do. I think it has to do with body chemistry more than anything. Fasting after dinner the night before helps tremendously, you just need to make sure you are very well hydrated throughout the night and next day before dosing. Food has always been a buzz kill for me. Try that and start with 3 grams to get an idea of adjusting dosage for the next trip. My favorite strain is P. Hawaiian. Treasure coast is another good one. Very light body load, and much awesome visuals and vibe. Never trip hard when you are in a bad place emotionally until you are more acclimated and know how they will effect you. P. Hawaiians are a very easy strain, and one of the most forgiving strains to work with also. It is always best to slowly work up to dosages rather than to jump into a higher dosage until you know what will be comfortable for you. Keep in mind, when you grow your own, they have a tendency to be more potent because they are fresher than the junk you normally find from the random seller. You dont know how old they are, or how they have been stored. Penis envy is stronger, but the difficulty factor makes them one to jump into with more experience under your belt because they require different parameters.

Normally trips last anywhere from 4-6 hours for me and coming down always gives me a sense of euphoria. Everything just feels so wonderful. Example, my feet love the feel of carpet on the way down and I spend a lot of time running my toes and feet over it. It is almost erotic lol. I rarely eat ice cream, but some sorbet tastes like the best food on the planet, and after the fasting, eases you back into food slowly.

Hope that helps answer some of your questions.

• roc, TVCasualty, Coopdog and 8 others like this

#3 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,689 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 July 2019 - 06:05 PM

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/psycho

psycho  noun
psy·​cho | \ ˈsī-(ˌ)kō  \
plural psychos
Definition of psycho

a deranged or psychopathic person not used technically
psyche  noun
psy·​che | \ ˈsī-kē  \
Definition of psyche

1capitalized a princess loved by Cupid

2[ Greek psychē ]

aSOULPERSONALITYthe nation's consumer psyche— D. J. Kevles
bthe totality of elements forming the mind (see MIND entry 1 sense 2)specificallyin Freudian psychoanalytic theory the idego, and superegoincluding both conscious and unconscious components

psychedelic

adjective

Definition of psychedelic (Entry 2 of 2)

1aof, relating to, or being drugs (such as LSD) capable of producing abnormal psychic effects (such as hallucinations) and sometimes psychotic states
bproduced by or associated with the use of psychedelic drugspsychedelic experience
2imitating, suggestive of, or reproducing effects (such as distorted or bizarre images or sounds) resembling those produced by psychedelic drugspsychedelic color schemes
3of, relating to, characteristic of, or being the period of the mid- to late-1960's that is associated with the psychedelic drug culturepsychedelic rockthe psychedelic era/movement… the "rainbow newspaper" of San Francisco that burst onto the psychedelicscene in 1966 …— Don Lattin… speaking of stereotypes, the illustrations reject any hint of a '60s psychedelicstyle …— Steven Heller

“psychodelic”

The word you've entered isn't in the dictionary. Click on a spelling suggestion below or try again using the search bar above.

Edited by coorsmikey, 07 July 2019 - 06:08 PM.

• darci, CallMeCrazy, Boebs and 3 others like this

#4 Boebs

Boebs

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 447 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 06:11 PM

Busting out the bbq?
  • coorsmikey likes this

#5 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 760 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 July 2019 - 07:50 PM

What  !..? Who's having a Psychedelic BBQ ?

I want to go ...........hee hee !

sorry  CallMeCrazy  sometimes i think i'm funny heh

Edited by bezevo, 07 July 2019 - 07:51 PM.

• roc and CallMeCrazy like this

#6 Boebs

Boebs

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 447 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 09:55 PM

Have to prep the caps somehow;)

#7 CallMeCrazy

CallMeCrazy

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 124 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 10:13 PM

psycho  noun
plural psychos
Definition of psycho

psyche  noun
psy·​che | \ ˈsī-kē  \
Definition of psyche

2[ Greek psychē ]

bthe totality of elements forming the mind (see MIND entry 1 sense 2)specificallyin Freudian psychoanalytic theory the idego, and superegoincluding both conscious and unconscious components

psychedelic

adjective

1aof, relating to, or being drugs (such as LSD) capable of producing abnormal psychic effects (such as hallucinations) and sometimes psychotic states
bproduced by or associated with the use of psychedelic drugspsychedelic experience
2imitating, suggestive of, or reproducing effects (such as distorted or bizarre images or sounds) resembling those produced by psychedelic drugspsychedelic color schemes
3of, relating to, characteristic of, or being the period of the mid- to late-1960's that is associated with the psychedelic drug culturepsychedelic rockthe psychedelic era/movement… the "rainbow newspaper" of San Francisco that burst onto the psychedelicscene in 1966 …— Don Lattin… speaking of stereotypes, the illustrations reject any hint of a '60s psychedelicstyle …— Steven Heller

“psychodelic”

The word you've entered isn't in the dictionary. Click on a spelling suggestion below or try again using the search bar above.

wow mikey you went to a lot of trouble for one grammatical error lol but more power to you. be blessed brother.

Edited by CallMeCrazy, 07 July 2019 - 10:15 PM.

#8 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,875 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 July 2019 - 11:49 PM

61lf6TauTGL._SCLZZZZZZZ_1.jpg

• onediadem, coorsmikey, CallMeCrazy and 2 others like this

#9 CallMeCrazy

CallMeCrazy

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 124 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 08:44 AM

Lol @coorsmikey I am crazy so psycho seemed more fitting lol. Have a great day brother.
  • coorsmikey likes this

#10 JanetPlanet

JanetPlanet

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 104 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 12:25 PM

OMG @Mikey, you are my peeps! Spelling ! Definition!!  Freakin' ETYMOLOGY !!! 

#11 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,875 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 July 2019 - 08:14 PM

For those who liked the Dirty Sock Funtime Band, I actually was going to post R. Crumb's Angelfood McSpade, where it says, "She's sock-a-delic," but I chickened out, not knowing how it would be taken.   But that stuff was high art in my early hippie daze.  Loved R. Crumb, R. Cobb, Gilbert Shelton, and many others back then. 

https://en.wikipedia...gelfood_McSpade

Look, only if you dare! https://en.wikipedia...foodMcSpade.jpg

Edited by Alder Logs, 20 July 2019 - 08:15 PM.

• CallMeCrazy likes this

#12 Clickbait

Clickbait

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 July 2019 - 01:20 AM

psycho  noun
plural psychos
Definition of psycho

psyche  noun
psy·​che | \ ˈsī-kē  \
Definition of psyche

2[ Greek psychē ]

psychedelic

adjective

“psychodelic”

I like your attention to details!

#13 Clickbait

Clickbait

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 July 2019 - 01:24 AM

Actually, I dont think body size plays that much of a role in it. I am 5'10, 165 lbs. I have level 4 trips on 1.5 grams. I know smaller people who are hard headed that can take 6 grams or more and barely have any effects and need to dose 10+ grams to get the same effects that I do. I think it has to do with body chemistry more than anything. Fasting after dinner the night before helps tremendously, you just need to make sure you are very well hydrated throughout the night and next day before dosing. Food has always been a buzz kill for me. Try that and start with 3 grams to get an idea of adjusting dosage for the next trip. My favorite strain is P. Hawaiian. Treasure coast is another good one. Very light body load, and much awesome visuals and vibe. Never trip hard when you are in a bad place emotionally until you are more acclimated and know how they will effect you. P. Hawaiians are a very easy strain, and one of the most forgiving strains to work with also. It is always best to slowly work up to dosages rather than to jump into a higher dosage until you know what will be comfortable for you. Keep in mind, when you grow your own, they have a tendency to be more potent because they are fresher than the junk you normally find from the random seller. You dont know how old they are, or how they have been stored. Penis envy is stronger, but the difficulty factor makes them one to jump into with more experience under your belt because they require different parameters.

Normally trips last anywhere from 4-6 hours for me and coming down always gives me a sense of euphoria. Everything just feels so wonderful. Example, my feet love the feel of carpet on the way down and I spend a lot of time running my toes and feet over it. It is almost erotic lol. I rarely eat ice cream, but some sorbet tastes like the best food on the planet, and after the fasting, eases you back into food slowly.

Hope that helps answer some of your questions.

Thanks for sharing! I had similar questions, as it has also been a very long time for me. 

#14 Clickbait

Clickbait

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 July 2019 - 02:13 AM

Here's another angler on the topic. For all the trippy fish lovers. This is by Ray Troll, an amazing artist and sea-creature.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1644.jpg

• Alder Logs likes this

#15 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,875 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 July 2019 - 08:44 AM

Here's another angler on the topic. For all the trippy fish lovers. This is by Ray Troll, an amazing artist and sea-creature.

post-160347-0-18484300-1564211625.jpg

I went to the local Farmer's Market yesterday afternoon and bought a pint of kim chi from an old friend who had a booth there.  He was wearing that T-shirt.  It was the first time I ever saw that image.   And now, here I am, 14 hours later, seeing it again. 

• Trippy_Toes, CallMeCrazy and Oneyedraven like this

#16 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 11,649 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 July 2019 - 03:24 PM

Actually, I dont think body size plays that much of a role in it.

I agree, and I've been having a helluva time finding it but some years ago I read an article that mentioned the potency of certain classes of drugs (such as the majority of psychedelics, including mushrooms) was a function of brain weight, not body weight.

And since all of our brains weigh pretty close to the same amount (in one study the measured variation in weight is ~8% when taking into account things like age, sex, Alzheimer's, alcoholism, etc.), this would explain why the 6' 7", 350-lb guy I gave some of my honey recipe to at a party was on the floor crying after eating twice the dose of a 5' 0" ~115 lb. woman that I also gave some to.

He took the extra amount from the tub (against my advice) because he figured he was more than twice her size so should eat at least twice her dose. But what the hell do I know? All I did was develop the recipe that I provided to him after having administered it to hundreds of people over the years, so how could I possibly know how much of it he should take?? [facepalm]

Pro-tip: If the person who made your drugs gives you dosage advice about what they made, follow it!

• coorsmikey, CallMeCrazy, jmbailey86 and 2 others like this

#17 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,875 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 July 2019 - 03:43 PM

So, be careful when dosing this guy>  zippycolor.gif

• CallMeCrazy and Boorick76 like this

#18 CallMeCrazy

CallMeCrazy

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 124 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 11:22 PM

Actually, I dont think body size plays that much of a role in it.

I agree, and I've been having a helluva time finding it but some years ago I read an article that mentioned the potency of certain classes of drugs (such as the majority of psychedelics, including mushrooms) was a function of brain weight, not body weight.

And since all of our brains weigh pretty close to the same amount (in one study the measured variation in weight is ~8% when taking into account things like age, sex, Alzheimer's, alcoholism, etc.), this would explain why the 6' 7", 350-lb guy I gave some of my honey recipe to at a party was on the floor crying after eating twice the dose of a 5' 0" ~115 lb. woman that I also gave some to.

He took the extra amount from the tub (against my advice) because he figured he was more than twice her size so should eat at least twice her dose. But what the hell do I know? All I did was develop the recipe that I provided to him after having administered it to hundreds of people over the years, so how could I possibly know how much of it he should take?? [facepalm]

Pro-tip: If the person who made your drugs gives you dosage advice about what they made, follow it!
Lol Brother I love when a "patient" thinks they are the doctor . Self scripting is a bad idea with most substances.
  • TVCasualty likes this

#19 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,875 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 July 2019 - 11:49 PM

I have grown up with a registered nurse for a mother.  Since then, unless I need a mechanic, I have stayed away from medical doctors.  I have a life history of self medicating, and those AMA types don't know dick about a hell of a lot.  So, when one of my government's weaponized ticks got me, I found a naturopath who had started as a chiropractor and became a Chinese medicine practitioner, and he was the first guy ever to ask me what color my shit was.  I have followed his orders at about a 90% rate and feel better than I could have imagined I could at my age.  I know I should go the other ten percent, and maybe will.  I would love to turn him on.  But then, he is a doc of sorts, and not going to have any patient tell him much about his craft.

#20 SmokeyTheGardener

SmokeyTheGardener

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 11:59 AM

It's been almost forty years since I took mushrooms.
I just grew Cambodians so I could try microdosing for PTSD. First grow turned out well I guess since I've never grown shrooms before. I ended up with 64 dried grams. The shrooms were very small compared to the first ones we picked in the cow pastures 45 years ago. These are pretty though...little conical hats. I started with 1 dried gram. Very slight visuals but lots of physical effects. Coldness, stomachache, restlessness. No joy, laughter, insight. Next I tried 2 dried grams. Same results. A little more visual but also colder, worse stomachache and more restlessness. Next, and all these were a week apart, 3 dried grams. A little more visual but not much. Very cold...had to put on winter clothes. Very restless but very wobbly when walking. Again, no laughter, no joy just a physical ordeal. No insight, no fun. The next day I felt better each time though. I was wanting to experience a real trip to check out the mushrooms so I could compare to what I did years ago. No comparison. Years ago laughter, insight, a sense of connectedness, great experience. Those mushrooms were a different variety. Probably closer to the ones called Golden Teacher. Does anyone have experience with the Cambodians and Golden Teacher?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!