76 replies to this topic

#21 KapnDank

KapnDank

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 394 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 August 2019 - 03:11 AM

I don't think it's the strain of cube. You didn't have PTSD 45 years ago. I think it's the "set" along with the need to heal. I also think after a handful more trips or so you will likely start getting that Joy from them again. Maybe you're not going deep enough. I had PTSD for a little while myself. My trips were similar during that period. It wasn't until I tried DMT and it pretty much eliminated all my symptoms in a incredibly intense experience did my trips start getting that magic back to them(and then some lol) I think I could've achieved a very similar benefit from the mushrooms I just never had a setting that I felt comfortable to take a massive dose in at that time
  • Cuboid likes this

#22 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,483 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 August 2019 - 10:05 AM

Ah yeah! There is some definitely therapeutic and healing  about tripping out in nature. Like staring at a desert night sky or walking through and old growth forest. I could never understand how people can watch TV or play video games while tripping.  

Edited by coorsmikey, 02 August 2019 - 03:38 PM.

• Alder Logs, Misfit, Thacan and 3 others like this

#23 KapnDank

KapnDank

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 394 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 August 2019 - 03:20 PM

I'm right there with you coorsmikey. Last time tripped with some peeps and they gathered around a tv I found myself looking at each individual kinda puzzled. Then got up laughing to myself(they just seemed so silly) and walked out the back door, laid down in the grass, and watched the stars. A while later a couple wondered out and asked if I was ok. At which I said "yeah I'm absolutely perfect. The show's just better out here" lol
  • coorsmikey, Alder Logs and Thacan like this

#24 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 11,429 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 August 2019 - 12:35 PM

I could never understand how people can watch TV or play video games while tripping.  

According to my definition of 'tripping,' you can't watch TV or play a video game. If you can then you're not tripping, you're merely experiencing sensory distortions.

To me, a "trip" means that I'm going somewhere else (i.e., somewhere other than where I am, wherever the hell that is). Like how taking a trip to Europe involves actually going to Europe, not just looking at pretty pictures of it.

Or at least that's how I started to think about it after being told the same thing by more than a few supposedly "experienced trippers" who joined me on one of my actual trips (as opposed to a micro or mild recreational dose). They all asked some variation of "What the FUCK just happened?!?" (usually with a look of baffled amazement on their faces) once we're well on our way back home and can talk again. I usually just say "We were tripping, just like you said you'd done a hundred times." Some return for future journeys, some don't. But none have had a truly bad time, fortunately. It was just a lot more deep/intense than they thought it (or their minds) could get.

I could only conclude that they'd never actually "tripped" before, at least not in the sense that I currently define it based on those experiences.

This points back to the ongoing problem of our woefully-inadequate vocabulary for describing these kinds of experiences since there is a world (if not a Universe) of difference on several levels between a microdose, a mild mid-rage dose, and a large full-spectrum dose yet all three are generally referred to as 'tripping' (though less-so with microdosing).

I guess this is why Terence called ≥5 grams a "heroic" dose, but I really don't like that adjective in this context since the concept tends to be so intertwined with Ego, and implies that doses of 3 grams (or anything less than 5) mean one is not as "brave" or whatever.

That's a potentially dangerous attitude to have towards psychedelics since most people who are lacking in actual experience but who think highly enough of themselves to assume they're ready for a "heroic" dose will probably be more than a little surprised by what it actually entails (especially if they end up in a fetal position crying like a heroic baby, which I've seen once or twice).

• coorsmikey, CallMeCrazy, KapnDank and 1 other like this

#25 KapnDank

KapnDank

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 394 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 August 2019 - 02:52 PM

"what the fuck just happened" lol can't tell you how many times I've heard that from "experienced" trippers. I think there's a lot of people who like to claim to be experienced but have either never actually dosed or have only taken small doses. It's that need to impress I guess.
When I found my first circle of fellow travelers I didn't realize how large of doses we took compared to the average person. 600mic+ or 5-7g was our usual weekend dose. When I moved to another state and found another circle of peeps I realized they were 200mic 3g max kinda peeps after a couple times saying/asking "i think I want another hit/more mushrooms, would anyone like some?" And everyone looks at me like I'm a madman and declines. Haven't found anyone willing to go WAY out there with me here yet so I just do those trips solo.
  • TVCasualty and Jinroh like this

#26 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 11,429 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 August 2019 - 03:12 PM

My personal sweet-spot for cubensis is 6 grams pre-soaked in lime juice. That's perfect in terms of intensity and duration (for me, I mean).

I tend to take those trips solo now too because I've had to act as a trip-sitter (while on 6 grams!) for people who took literally half of my dose. And that always ends the 'tripping' part of my experience, which diminishes the overall experience for me quite a bit.

• BleauByU likes this

#27 KapnDank

KapnDank

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 394 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 August 2019 - 05:26 PM

OMG the parallels. Glad someone else knows the struggle. Lmao
  • TVCasualty likes this

#28 KapnDank

KapnDank

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 394 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 August 2019 - 05:36 PM

I mean don't get me wrong I'm happy to be there to help. It warms my heart to see/help a friend work through some things. It just prevents me from "doing me" at the peak. I had some entities inform me, after I blasted off a few people and then myself, that it was my responsibility to be in a sober enough state to tend to the needs of those around me because of the regard they have about me and plant medicine. They see me as "that guy" so I have to play that role for them until they realize that we're all "that guy" really. There's nothing special about me it's just having learned how to navigate those states from experience. Kinda feel like I'm showing people how to fish for wisdom at times.

#29 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 701 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 06:25 PM

For as much as I love desert life I really miss the woods for “journeys”. It’s pretty hard to be out in nature this time of the year. Not only are we dealing with avg of 105 during the day, there is the local wildlife. We are a bit away from the heavily developed part of our town, and we’re nestled along a wide open desert preserve area. You literally can see packs of coyotes roaming during daylight hours. Not to mention the snakes. And that doesn’t even compare to the fact that there are packs of javelinas. I haven’t had a bad run in with one yet, but I’ve heard they can get real nasty real fast, especially if their young ones are with them. I honestly wouldn’t want to deal with any of that never mind on 3+ grams.

#30 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 11,429 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 August 2019 - 10:32 AM

I mean don't get me wrong I'm happy to be there to help. It warms my heart to see/help a friend work through some things. It just prevents me from "doing me" at the peak. I had some entities inform me, after I blasted off a few people and then myself, that it was my responsibility to be in a sober enough state to tend to the needs of those around me because of the regard they have about me and plant medicine. They see me as "that guy" so I have to play that role for them until they realize that we're all "that guy" really. There's nothing special about me it's just having learned how to navigate those states from experience. Kinda feel like I'm showing people how to fish for wisdom at times.

I guess I take two types of high-dose trips. Solo trips for myself and first-time trips for those who have never taken a psychedelic before.

The people who I was complaining about are the ones who talk a big game and then need to be taken care of because they didn't actually know what they were talking about. If I dose with someone who is doing it for the first time then there is no annoyance as my expectation is that they will be the primary focus of my experience that day (or more often, night).

I try to give them as much space as possible and am really just there in case things go unexpectedly sideways. That's never happened over the years, partly because I take care to prepare and partly because I won't do that with just anyone. One guy in particular who worked for a friend of mine when he wasn't in jail probably needed to have a psychedelic experience more than most and really wanted me to help him out but I was not willing to bring such a person to my friend's farm where I do this stuff (or for that matter be the guy who acted as his sitter) as he's 6' 5" 200 pounds and has a long history of violent felonies due to his uncontrollable rage problem, probably inspired by a bunch of inner demons that I sure as hell didn't want to meet out in the woods.

Edited by TVCasualty, 04 August 2019 - 10:34 AM.

#31 KapnDank

KapnDank

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 394 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 August 2019 - 05:01 PM

First time trippers are definitely a different story. They have my undivided attention.
The peeps I was referring to claimed they were very experienced but it came to light later they had only taken low doses on a handful of occasions. They had no idea that "ego death" is a thing nor how(or what it means) to let go. Needless to say their first OBE's freaked a couple of them out pretty good until we let them know it's just a "normal part of the experience" and consoled them a bit.
I haven't had anyone go completely sideways on me but one time it was close to it. A friend from work who had been going through some problems came to me after reading how psyches can help. He however didn't inform me he was diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic and already hallucinates entire scenarios without the help of substances until after he dosed. Well about time to peak his paranoia went full blown. The only people he felt he could trust was my ol lady and myself even though he was having terrible thoughts about us run across his mind.
Idk how many miles we walked with him that night just talking him through it all but by the end of it he felt he had a new lease on life and everything he experienced was necessary for him to get what he needed out of the experience. Had I known he was schizophrenic I probably would've never given him the acid that night because I didn't know what would happen. Well I always assumed the paranoia would do like it did but didn't know if the person would be so paranoid that they couldn't trust any of us enough to help them. I'm glad it worked out the way it did but I wouldn't recommend it. Just a few years back I probably wouldn't have been in a place that I couldve helped and that night could've turned out very very badly.
That experience was more of a psychedelic therapy session which I often find is the case with acid. Mushrooms and DMT are different IME. You can pretty much let it run its course and simply being present is enough most the time. I prefer it that way because the plant teachers know how to help way better than I ever will.

#32 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 11,429 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 August 2019 - 06:51 PM

Damn, that's definitely a scenario I would prefer to avoid. All my dicey experiences were my own after having broken some rule of tripping, usually the one about 'setting.'

After I got into guiding whitewater I started asking people I was considering introducing to psychedelics the same sorts of questions I asked rafting customers. The important ones were "Do you have any medical conditions I should know about? Taking any prescription medication? Undergone any procedures recently? Are you a strong swimmer?"

That last one was just to see if they were paying attention since swimming wasn't really part of the plan for the trip. But you never know...

• coorsmikey likes this

#33 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,483 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 August 2019 - 07:04 PM

I think I would have asked something like " Do you like tacos?" so when the continued the pattern of "No" it would stand out. Plus if they don't like tacos then maybe I shouldn't trip with them anyway. You could replace tacos with anything, but I don't know anyone that don't like tacos even though some don't like meat and others don't like lettuce. :tongue:

Edited by coorsmikey, 04 August 2019 - 07:04 PM.

• Boorick76 likes this

#34 BleauByU

BleauByU

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 12:15 PM

My personal sweet-spot for cubensis is 6 grams pre-soaked in lime juice. That's perfect in terms of intensity and duration (for me, I mean).

I tend to take those trips solo now too because I've had to act as a trip-sitter (while on 6 grams!) for people who took literally half of my dose. And that always ends the 'tripping' part of my experience, which diminishes the overall experience for me quite a bit.

What is the purpose behind soaking them in lime juice?  Is this strictly for taste?  

#35 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 701 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 12:30 PM

It breaks down the tissue and aids in digestion. I felt it come on in roughly 10 minutes. You can search for lemon TEK online.

#36 KapnDank

KapnDank

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 394 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 August 2019 - 04:08 PM

It also supposedly converts the psilocybin into psilocin. Original lemon tek calls for ground mushrooms (coffee grinder is bomb) soaked in enough lemon juice to cover for 20 minutes stirring frequently (I use a magnetic stirrir. I'm lazy lol).
Take the lemon juice mushroom mix like a shot. Or you can try my lemonade recipe.
I strain the lemon juice(I use a metal tea strainer) into a large cup. Then pour water through the filtered mush to make sure I get all the goodies and sweeten the lemon water to taste.
It's also great for those who hate the taste of the fungus or are prone to nausea. Warning though. It will make the dose carry significantly more punch so start with a lower dose than usual unless youre comfortable with high doses

Edited by KapnDank, 05 August 2019 - 04:10 PM.

• CallMeCrazy likes this

#37 CallMeCrazy

CallMeCrazy

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 124 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 08:59 PM

I love how this discussion went from dose and intensity to a whole different realm of "Trip sitting" to solo tripping to activities while tripping. You all are my people lol. That being said I still have a question about dose. I don't any mush ready yet working on my first grow as we speak. So for GT what would you reccomend as a dose for my first trip in a long time. Keep in mind 20 years ago I would eat a 10 strip of acid and go for probably 36 hrs or so. That being said I don't want to go for that long anymore. I want a great and intense experience but for less duration. Does GT have a heavy body load, because acid never really did for me. It made me more active than normal until I got to a point I wanted to sit and relax. Also does O.J. or vitamin c work the same with mush as it does with the other? Sorry to hijack my own thread back  :tongue:  but I got questions lol. 

• coorsmikey likes this

#38 KapnDank

KapnDank

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 394 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 August 2019 - 10:55 PM

The potency can vary quite a bit even from mushrooms of the same strain and even from the same batch if it's Multispore. If your main concern is duration then no need to worry. Mushrooms tend to only be 6-8 hours and I haven't noticed large doses pushing it past its 8 hours the way LSD will push past it's normal 12 hour duration in large doses. There is definitely body load but it's not unpleasant. You just wanna melt to the floor really. The lemonade recipe seems to reduce that aspect of the trip. As far as recommended dose I would probably take an eighth. maybe a little less if you plan to be active or you plan to use the lemon tek. If youre like me though you'll be reaching for a few more grams at the peak wondering why you thought an eighth would be enough. Lol
  • CallMeCrazy likes this

#39 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 11,429 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 August 2019 - 09:20 AM

What is the purpose behind soaking them in lime juice?  Is this strictly for taste?

It helps with that quite a bit, but it's also very effective at reducing or eliminating body load, makes the effects come on a lot quicker, makes the visuals "cleaner" and sharper (seems so anyway), and makes the peak higher vs. the same dose taken without soaking but also shortens the duration. So instead of a gradual Bell-curve kind of trip (gradual come-up, peak for a bit, gradual come-down) it's more of a spike (with a soft landing).

The best juice for the soak is from Key limes IMO. They have the lowest pH, too, which is important for this method and why orange or grapefruit juice don't work as well, or at least any difference they make isn't nearly as noticeable as it is with lemon or lime juice or even a strong solution of citric acid crystals dissolved in water (which I've tried and works just as well as lemon or lime juice).

When I consume ~6 grams soaked in lime juice (just crushed to bits with my fingers, powder is not necessary) I'm back to where I could drive a car if I had to in 4.5 hours. Without the soak that dose would usually take me 6 hours before I could call it over, and I find that I greatly prefer the condensed version in every way.

• coorsmikey likes this

#40 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 701 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 10:29 AM

When I was first starting my harvesting/drying, things weren’t right. I have since got it down. Either way, non cracker dry mushrooms in a coffee grinder didn’t powder. Add a lemon juice soak on top of that. It honestly wasn’t the best experience. It worked though. I feel like it was 10 minutes flat.
Since then I have started adding a little water and some honey. Don’t get me wrong, I like lemon juice, but a shot of lemon juice with chunky soaked mushrooms wasn’t my favorite experience ever.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!