3 replies to this topic

#1 JanetPlanet

JanetPlanet

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 104 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 03:16 PM

Noob Question 1: 

This is about the 6QT shoebox I got one flush out of and then had to refrigerate for a month. It was super dry and partially frozen when I took it out of the fridge. I figured it was probably a lost cause so with nothing to lose I hydrated it, crumbled it up and put it low O2/dark/80F conditions in the incubator for about five days.....then Roc said "fruit it!" so I did. and I got a great flush-o-mushies :biggrin: ! 

Over the last 24 hours I picked them all, ending this morning. There are still a lot of knots and little pinheads left. 

The question is: Is the flush over?

Should I keep misting and fanning, or should I soak and drain and try for a third?

I realize I don't even know what a flush is, or how to tell when it's done. 

Here's the shoebox in question:

20190707_070705.jpg

Noob Question 2:

About a week ago I took two of the grain jars out of the fridge (left them in there over a month while was traveling), and layered then with coir and vermiculite in 2 6QT shoeboxes (one was WBS, the other rye) and incubated at 80F in the dark and high CO2. One of them seems to have taken off! I didn't see hyphae climbing the walls and standing tall with my first shoebox back in the spring.

The question is: Is it time to give it light, lower the temp and mist and fan? 

Here's that shoebox:

20190707_101957.jpg

Thank you my dears!

#2 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,509 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 July 2019 - 03:34 PM

The one you picked clean, typically I just let them sit. It should have enough water for a second flush.

The bottom can be put into fruiting. These are dub tubs? Just put your top tub on. It shouldn't need misting and fanning. Doesn't hurt if you prefer to mist and fan.
  • JanetPlanet likes this

#3 JanetPlanet

JanetPlanet

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 104 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 08:24 PM

Thanks Deth!

I live in a desert where everything dries out fast. Good thing I love to mist and fan, and talk and sing to them while I do it! 

I'll put the bottom one into fruiting tomorrow. 

#4 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,987 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 July 2019 - 08:47 PM

Looking mighty fine and you got some fine advice from jk!

Carry on!

On with the grow!

• JanetPlanet likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!