Soviet sub mess

#22 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,862 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2019 - 02:24 PM

Let's not forget that the US has at least two sunken reactors, and possibly some nuclear weapons sitting on the ocean floor.  Then there's this: Nuclear waste dump

• roc and Juthro like this

#23 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,784 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2019 - 04:31 PM

That's why we should burn more coal, it much safer, right?

[Direct Link]

• roc likes this

#24 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,987 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2019 - 08:35 PM

My backyard has a real BIG problem with Duke Energy and their coal ash problem.

We have been protesting and fighting for cleanup but are seeing the end problem after cleanup being where they intend to bury the shit now that they have been busted for their "harmless" onsite storage that got away from them in a hurricane a few years back.

The "poor" county south of us looks like they are selling out and Duke will store the coal ash there and not here but a natural disaster is still a major concern.

We have a nuke plant that they have 30 miles up the road and after seeing the coal ash disaster on their part we'll hope we don't have a disaster with it.

The whole thing is a "toxic mess" and no solution in sight.

#25 roc

roc

• 7,987 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2019 - 08:40 PM

Let's not forget that the US has at least two sunken reactors, and possibly some nuclear weapons sitting on the ocean floor.  Then there's this: Nuclear waste dump

Not to mention the shit buried in the mountains of Nevada and Utah.

#26 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,862 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2019 - 08:46 PM

There is a growing suspicion that coal ash is being used in the geoengineering aerosol sprays as well.  If such is the case, what a wonderful way to recycle it. 

• roc, crazy1 and Juthro like this

#27 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,784 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2019 - 10:49 PM

Don't forget Washington State.

• roc likes this

#28 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 169 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 07:47 AM

Hey...out of sight, out of mind!

It’s so hard to wrap my head around the idea that dumping thousands of barrels into the ocean was considered acceptable long term storage.

#29 roc

roc

• 7,987 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 July 2019 - 08:02 AM

There is a growing suspicion that coal ash is being used in the geoengineering aerosol sprays as well.  If such is the case, what a wonderful way to recycle it. 

They have taken old clay excavation sites for brick Mfg. lining them and dumping the shit in them like land fills.

I had not heard of the aerial spraying. Ridiculous!

#30 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,862 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 July 2019 - 12:05 PM

Keep breathing in those metal particles and soon you won't remember anyway.  There's always an upside.

#31 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,862 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 July 2019 - 05:01 PM

Five days after that post about the upcoming documentary about a plant based diet, The Game Changers, two of the six executive producers, on the same Sunday, won a record sixth British Grand Prix and a five hour men's final at Wimbledon, for a 16th Grand Slam Victory.  And that's just the two I know about.  Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton and Novak Djokovic.  These boys are obviously wasting away without meat.

#32 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,490 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 July 2019 - 12:00 AM

For someone who preaches unattachment, you're very attached to your diet.

• coorsmikey likes this

#33 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,862 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 July 2019 - 01:04 PM

I am a lying vegan.  But then, the thread is about what is being done to the biosphere, and by extension, what might be done to help it out, as it pertains to species survival.

If I am preaching, can I get an "Amen!"

Edited by Alder Logs, 17 July 2019 - 01:04 PM.

#34 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,784 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 July 2019 - 01:21 PM

I am a lying vegan.  But then, the thread is about what is being done to the biosphere, and by extension, what might be done to help it out, as it pertains to species survival.

If I am preaching, can I get an "Amen!"

You've not convinced me to follow that path yet, Alder, but there are definitely some peep's that would give you an 'amen' on that front.

• Alder Logs likes this

#35 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,862 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 July 2019 - 01:55 PM

I guess it was my Chinese medicine doc who pushed me beyond my generally vegie diet and closer to a vegan regime.  But besides that, he, being only a few years younger than I, seemed to be in such good shape, motivated me to go along with his prescription for exercise.  So, after my fruit and nuts breakfast, with my cheat of one daily hit of espresso (against orders), I do a Qi Gong warm up routine before my set of 588 reps of a Qi Gong form known as Yi Gun Gin, and then the warm up form as a cool down.    For lunch, it's hummus, spread on organic rice cakes.  Dinner is likely a pint of veg juice and collard greens, rice or quinoa, gluten free crackers and guacamole, or sometimes I just open a can of organic soup.    I still might eat some fish or chicken at the rare meal I take at a neighbor's.   So, to call myself a vegan would be a lie.  Central to this regime is, no fried foods, no gluten, no sugar of any kind except in a whole food form, such as fruit.  I also cheat in having one glass of wine at the neighbors on some evenings. 

I have to say that since I came down sick four years ago next month with what appeared to be Lyme disease, and that one weak year that followed, prompting me to find this hard ass doctor, I am younger, physically, at 72 than I was at 65, when I used to joke that I didn't feel a day over 90.  While the world seems to be going into the dumpster, I seem to have an improving body.   When the world finishes this body off, at least I hope to be in good shape, and may leave a good looking corpse.  The acute phase of the illness dropped my already light body weight to 120 pounds. 

Three years later, I am at 127, with upper body and arms building up quite noticeably.   I pulled a pectoral a couple days ago, after doing something that put a load on it, so that muscle will need some recovery.  I seem to have a habit now of overdoing things, as I just go for what comes up, with maybe too much confidence.  That is kind of fun, though, and I don't take my body personally.   It's fun being alive with a physical body, and I know I can't fix the world, though I may give it a try in small ways.   The whole experience is just so far out.   I see it in many ways with the eyes of a child, but with the scars of experience too.   I cuss and bless my hard ass doctor, as I did love my ale, but not enough to die for.

• Juthro likes this

#36 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,862 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 July 2019 - 02:47 PM

So, for something to listen to while I did my 588 reps, I put that vid to Y'ube and put it on autoplay and got this interesting bit of criticism of a Joe Rogan I had watched a while back:

[Direct Link]

As for what strong man, Patrik Baboumian, eats; my doc would not be happy about the french fries.    Those highly heated frying oils impact the liver and circulatory system and would be seen as toxic.   My doc also likes to say, there are no old body builders.  Too much of a good thing; ever heard of that?  My body is noticeably building up, but it needed to.  This is not my doc's goal.  He says the prime goal is to have all the organs working, and the musculature is an organ in its own right.  The fascia of the muscles are electrically active and are where the various acupuncture meridians get charged with the energy that feeds all the organs.   The set of Qi Gong I do is to specifically activate all the meridians, for the benefit of all the organs.  I do two full sets every day, and three when the weather is crappy and I am stuck indoors and am not outside working hard.  But anyway, for the moment, it's onward and upward, whatever the gosh durn world decides to do.

#37 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,317 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 09:17 AM

The destruction to our Mother is horrifying for sure, but "in the name of progress" which basically equals dollars.

I try to leave better children for our planet than worry about leaving them a better planet. Just by proper stewardship of what we can control, we show them what we believe is the "right" thing to do.

Roc, I am the last generation of a dying family farm. Only 25 years here where we are now, but my dad farmed the family homestead from the time of horses to the new self guidance systems........... It's just gotten too hard to be a small fish in the huge ocean of corporatism.

• Alder Logs and Juthro like this

#38 roc

roc

• 7,987 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 July 2019 - 09:55 AM

Roc, I am the last generation of a dying family farm. Only 25 years here where we are now, but my dad farmed the family homestead from the time of horses to the new self guidance systems........... It's just gotten too hard to be a small fish in the huge ocean of corporatism.

It's a fucked up deal and it's becoming more of a battle in areas with the potential for corporate farms that can acquire land that is joined together so they can do big scale.
SW KS had farmers measured in sections of land instead of acres.

When I was in UT and ID the small farms were limited to a 100-200 acres due to terrain and the family farm wasn't as attractive to Corporate but the they had the battle of seed companies and big Agro for supplies. They complied or went out of business.
I just read an article a couple of days ago about a couple that realize being broke and getting started 30 years ago they have realized they are just as broke as 30 years ago after all those years. Not something you want to pass on to your kids.
It sucks hearing about your family in the same boat.

• crazy1 likes this

#39 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,862 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 July 2019 - 10:01 AM

Obviously, unfettered capitalism needs some fettering.

[Direct Link]

Edited by Alder Logs, 18 July 2019 - 10:06 AM.

#40 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,490 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 July 2019 - 09:08 PM

Those highly heated frying oils impact the liver and circulatory system and would be seen as toxic. 

May not just be the heat of the oils. May be the oils themselves. There's evidence that the health (or lack thereof) epidemic in the USA may be attributed in no small part to the tremendous uptick in the use of vegetable oils used for cooking over the past 50 years. Depending on your state of mind, this may either be edifying or sleep inducing.

[Direct Link]

• crazy1 and coorsmikey like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!