• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 joeya

joeya

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 311 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 03:07 PM

I had a jar of WBS nocced with Costa Rica that started out nice, but screached to a halt. Eventually, seeds started leaching out goo, so I knew it was done. I opened it, expecting a horrible odor, but instead it was rather pleasant, like beer. I still trashed the seeds, in a pile of moist coir just in case some miracle might happen. 

Based on the smell, I'd have to guess my contamination was yeast, but I didn't really see any sign of this. Anyone have any thoughts?

#2 Moonless

Moonless

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 141 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 09:45 AM

Intersting, I have had something like this happen before, where after about 2.5 weeks none of the WBS jars took, except for one jar with a small patch of mycelium. I ended up dumping the jars into compost and found no foul odor, however there was just a little bit of goop gop on the bottom layer of WBS. I'm thinking you should make another jar! BTW hows growing going?

• joeya likes this

#3 joeya

joeya

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 311 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 10:28 AM

BTW hows growing going?

Quite well, thank you! I'm near the end of my first round of cakes, as they finish I'm tossing them in the garden under coir. BTW, that's what I did with the WBS jar above also. I figure why not encourage a graveyard harvest! The next round of cakes are pretty much ready to birth, but I'm not in any hurry, as I'm waiting for the first round to clean out the FC and start again. My mexicana jalisco grow is going slowly, but at least it's going. 

Now, I'm working on a smaller, enclosed fruiting chamber with an integrated air pump and stone, just to see if I can make a more self sustained system that doesn't need fanning and misting several times a day.  

How about you, any neat projects or grows?

#4 Moonless

Moonless

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 141 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 07:32 PM

BTW hows growing going?

Quite well, thank you! I'm near the end of my first round of cakes, as they finish I'm tossing them in the garden under coir. BTW, that's what I did with the WBS jar above also. I figure why not encourage a graveyard harvest! The next round of cakes are pretty much ready to birth, but I'm not in any hurry, as I'm waiting for the first round to clean out the FC and start again. My mexicana jalisco grow is going slowly, but at least it's going. 

Now, I'm working on a smaller, enclosed fruiting chamber with an integrated air pump and stone, just to see if I can make a more self sustained system that doesn't need fanning and misting several times a day.  

How about you, any neat projects or grows?

Neato Mexicanas! Sounds like alot of cool upgrades are in store for you.

I'm working with a few varieties of Cubensis right now, So far two cultivars are half colonized jars (Matias Romero and Burma), one I am about to spawn to bulk (Alacabenzi) and the other (Hawaii) is on its way out becoming spent. I have been experimenting with making a LC (microwave tek), which challenges me as I do not know what i'm doing just crossing my fingers. I have Golden teacher, Hawaii, Golden Oysters and Burma on LC.

I also am in contact to purchase a used pressure cooker, it is a small one but I'll take anything I can get for 10 bucks.

• joeya likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!