14 replies to this topic

#1 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 July 2019 - 01:17 PM

Alright folks.... I need your help here, please tell me I am not crazy... In this news article, they show photos of the raw LSD that was confiscated in a bust... I am pretty sure these are spawn jars, though some of them look a little off with the amount of metabolites present while still being awfully white...

Raw LSD does not look like this, though, I guess I have no experience in what a lb of raw LSD might look like prior to being prepped for Grrs... I think they tested it, found that it was a hallucinogen, and decided it was LSD...

Let me know what you guys think!

https://www.theleafc...unty/852813001/

• Boebs likes this

#2 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 July 2019 - 01:20 PM

As I finished the article, I guess the substance in the bag could potentially be a low quality LSD but it looks a lot more like vermiculite to me.... I think this is likely a prime example of police officers having ABSOLUTELY no clue what they are really looking for... This bodes well for the people committing drug crimes but is kind of sad that a police force is not better trained....

Lol, Perhaps they need an expert! What do you think they would pay?  :ph34r: :tongue: :tinfoil:

jokes, jokes....

• Boebs and Phish like this

#3 Phish

Phish

PhishPhan

• Gold VIP
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 01:22 PM

Looks to me like a bunch of spawn jars that were forgotten about under the bed back in 2016... along with a gallon ziplok bag of medium vermiculite.
Fake News !! Lol
  • coorsmikey and Cuboid like this

#4 Boebs

Boebs

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 417 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 01:35 PM

Growing ergot is veryy similar to growing mushrooms. Very well could be rye jars with ergot fungi
  • PalatableAmbrosias likes this

#5 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,955 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 July 2019 - 01:37 PM

This article would be fitting if it was from "The Onion"

My question is if the suspect was a meth head that forgot where he stashed his grow supplies and spawn or is it just your typical crackhead in the wrong place at the wrong time?

• Boebs likes this

#6 Boebs

Boebs

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 417 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 01:37 PM

That last bag looks like raw rye or vermiculite

#7 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,955 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 July 2019 - 01:39 PM

Growing ergot is veryy similar to growing mushrooms. Very well could be rye jars with ergot fungi

Good point but where does the vermiculite fit in?

That's a lot of ergot.

#8 Boebs

Boebs

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 417 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 01:43 PM

Also this is from 2017..

#9 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 599 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 02:30 PM

Good point but where does the vermiculite fit in?

That's a lot of ergot.
I guess you'd need a lot of raw ergot infected grain to extract the ergotamine to use as a precursor for LSD synthesis. Although, I'm not aware that that would be an effective or economical way to go about synthesising LSD ...

Regards,
Not a chemist.

#10 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 687 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 July 2019 - 02:45 PM

so thats what $5,000,000 in vermiculite looks like ?

Back in the 90's a Dentist on a camping trip was charged with possession of LSD when a Ranger found his jar of

. OVALTINE Chocolate Malt Flavored Milk Mix.

b3071b4b-f988-41c3-8978-0f63465af95b_1.6

Edited by bezevo, 09 July 2019 - 02:59 PM.

• roc, Boebs and Phish like this

#11 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,413 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 July 2019 - 04:34 PM

[Direct Link]

• bezevo and Boebs like this

#12 Boebs

Boebs

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 417 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 06:38 PM

I love string chz lol
Great band!
  • coorsmikey likes this

#13 zenzen

zenzen

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 06:42 PM

Fake news. LSD is a clear liquid and highly concentrated after production. Cops and media love to blow things up for ratings and profit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#14 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,582 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 July 2019 - 07:21 PM

Looking at the pic of the guy that got busted....   HE may have believed that he was making LSD, but I don't.

No lab, or equipment, and no solvents and other chemicals means no LSD was being manufactured.  Ergot can kill you if not handled properly, and there are some other really nasty chemical that are used in the manufacture of LSD.  Those kind of things are way to photogenic to overlook.  If they had a lab with equipment, and chemicals, then they would have showed that instead of what looks like a  bag vermiculite.

• roc, coorsmikey, Skywatcher and 2 others like this

#15 PalatableAmbrosias

PalatableAmbrosias

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 05:00 AM

I wonder if someone was trying to produce ergot using their previous experience from mushroom growing. I'm sure the information on propagating ergot for producing LSD is fleeting and bleak. I know I read a guide once, and you're basically told to grow fields of rye and collect the infected grain.(which can be in very low numbers) This could have been an attempt to stream line production of the main ingredient. Honestly so hard to say what was going on here. Maybe this guy was just bad at growing mushrooms? Or so good at it that the DEA felt its quality of effect was on par with LSD. The media never knows what they're actually reporting on anyways :rolleyes: , which makes this a lot foggier.

• Boebs likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!