Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Spore Suppliers, reliable spore vendors, discuss here only.

• Please log in to reply
272 replies to this topic

Poll: Community Vendor Ranking

Vote for your spore supplier

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#261 Commienerd

Commienerd

Padawan

• Free Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 11:36 AM

So talking with Shadowlord, it may be the spores I purchased from Sporeworks. He said I could call them, since all my jars contaminated, and see if they can help. He said something about saying that the "agar tests" I was doing contamed but wasn't sure. Has anyone here had that happen and had to call a vendor? What did you say?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#262 joeya

joeya

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 300 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 12:03 PM

1. You should not even mention agar tests, that is admitting to germinating spores, which is illegal. You should just say something like your micoscopy study indicated contaminants. They probably won't press you for any further detail. 

2. Sporeworks is really the best out there, just check their rating in the spore vendors thread on here. Although it's possible, I'd say it's highly unlikely you got a contammed syringe from them. Is there any place in  your process that you can think of where it may have picked up bad stuff?

3. Sporeworks is very good about labelling their syringes with strain name and a lot number. Can you post that? Others of us may have the same strain and lot, so if others have the same issue from the same lot it can support your claim. It would be on label on the syringe and typically would be in the format of Strain Name, letter-number, date. For example, Costa Rican B-6  April 2019.

• Shadowlord likes this

#263 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,951 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2019 - 12:14 PM

That's what I was wondering.
(about agar testing). Wasn't sure if that was beyond the scope of the microscopology get out or not.
Glad you asked as I was about to myself as I started to second guess myself about my response.

And sporeworks does have a good reputation.
That's why I was thinking about doing a test to see what is extent at your place.

Keep me posted, and we'll get something going.
One way or the other lo

#264 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,951 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2019 - 12:15 PM

1. You should not even mention agar tests, that is admitting to germinating spores, which is illegal. You should just say something like your micoscopy study indicated contaminants. They probably won't press you for any further detail. 

2. Sporeworks is really the best out there, just check their rating in the spore vendors thread on here. Although it's possible, I'd say it's highly unlikely you got a contammed syringe from them. Is there any place in  your process that you can think of where it may have picked up bad stuff?

3. Sporeworks is very good about labelling their syringes with strain name and a lot number. Can you post that? Others of us may have the same strain and lot, so if others have the same issue from the same lot it can support your claim. It would be on label on the syringe and typically would be in the format of Strain Name, letter-number, date. For example, Costa Rican B-6  April 2019.

Good post, thanks for correcting my bad advice.
  • joeya likes this

#265 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,042 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2019 - 12:32 PM

What did you use for spawn? Procedure? I know sporeworks have very strict standards that they follow. In all the years I have used them, I only had one issue, and that was from them freezing in transit. I'm not saying it wasn't the spores, just highly unlikely. Workman wouldn't tolerate it.

• roc, coorsmikey, Shadowlord and 1 other like this

#266 Commienerd

Commienerd

Padawan

• Free Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 12:53 PM

2. Sporeworks is really the best out there, just check their rating in the spore vendors thread on here. Although it's possible, I'd say it's highly unlikely you got a contammed syringe from them. Is there any place in your process that you can think of where it may have picked up bad stuff?

3. Sporeworks is very good about labelling their syringes with strain name and a lot number. Can you post that? Others of us may have the same strain and lot, so if others have the same issue from the same lot it can support your claim. It would be on label on the syringe and typically would be in the format of Strain Name, letter-number, date. For example, Costa Rican B-6 April 2019.

There's always that possibility, at least for me. So I'm not 100% sure. I thought I decontaminated pretty well. This is a new place I'm growing in.

I'll grab the syringe info asap. I have a repair person over atm. I know it was golden teachers.

#267 Commienerd

Commienerd

Padawan

• Free Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 12:58 PM

What did you use for spawn? Procedure? I know sporeworks have very strict standards that they follow. In all the years I have used them, I only had one issue, and that was from them freezing in transit. I'm not saying it wasn't the spores, just highly unlikely. Workman wouldn't tolerate it.

So I use popcorn. I have always followed TurkeyRanch's pictorial.

Soak corn for 2 days
Boil corn until tender
Dry but not too dry
Load jars and add Vermiculite
PC and let cool
Lysol everything around
The needle was sterile from the pack
Alcohol the port, inoculate, alcohol needle, alcohol port, inoculate, alcohol needle, port, inoculate, etc.

We had a mold issue in our bathroom so I didn't use it at the time. Maybe I was over thinking it. I used my kitchen, no fans, lysol everything.

• Shadowlord likes this

#268 Commienerd

Commienerd

Padawan

• Free Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 01:00 PM

I also let them sit in a warm box. It's being kept at 83°F

#269 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,860 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2019 - 01:09 PM

A contaminated Sporeworks product would be very unlikely.

15 years ago maybe but the process used is mature and almost certain.

Email Sporeworks with strain and lot number and simply ask if that lot has had any known issues.

IF there was an issue they would know and respond accordingly.

They take care of business!

Your temps are on the high side and need to be dropped down to 70 - 75

Edited by roc, 15 July 2019 - 01:10 PM.

• Shadowlord likes this

#270 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,951 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2019 - 03:40 PM

I agree with Roc on the temps.
Any extra heat I've ever added only seemed to help the green meanie.
Sporeworks does have a great reputation and it is super easy to get contams even with good procedures.

#271 joeya

joeya

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 300 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 04:28 PM

I'm glad to see all the Sporeworks love here! It just goes to show that vendors who provide high quality attract a loyal following!

• DIETMARKS likes this

#272 Commienerd

Commienerd

Padawan

• Free Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 02:01 PM

A contaminated Sporeworks product would be very unlikely.
15 years ago maybe but the process used is mature and almost certain.

Email Sporeworks with strain and lot number and simply ask if that lot has had any known issues.
IF there was an issue they would know and respond accordingly.
They take care of business!

Your temps are on the high side and need to be dropped down to 70 - 75

Ok. I had read somewhere here where the temps were supposed to be in the 80s. OK, so more like comfortable room temps that's easy enough.

I'm about to give this another go. Thanks yall.

• roc likes this

#273 Commienerd

Commienerd

Padawan

• Free Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 02:18 PM

For posterity, in case it is a bad one:

Golden Teachers
Lot: M-105 5/19

d47d7f6ff28560fbd7ba404935b6b1a6.jpg

Edited by Commienerd, 16 July 2019 - 02:20 PM.

• roc likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!