Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Spore Suppliers, Reliable Spore Vendors, Trusted Vendors, Discuss here only.

• Please log in to reply
428 replies to this topic

Poll: Community Vendor Ranking

Vote for your spore supplier

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#361 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,698 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 May 2020 - 12:27 PM

Never tried 'em.

But green is not good news. I'd assume it's bad, and definitely do not open it! Pictures help a lot, but it sure sounds like contamination.

Welcome aboard, and no matter what happens keep trying! Fungi will test your commitment, and sticking with it will be rewarded. Everything you need to know can be found here.

• Freshness and DarkPassenger like this

#362 Alpoehi

Alpoehi

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 555 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 May 2020 - 03:04 PM

I used to order some grow bags from China and sometimes I use them when I want to fill a jar of myceliated rye into it and mix it with another fresh cooked jar.

I did that many times and had no contamination issues other than usual.

Actually I wouldn't order anymore anything from China, for it appears to me that they have contaminated the whole world. Either willingly, or by accident.   :ph34r:

• Boebs, Mycol, Freshness and 1 other like this

#363 Mycol

Mycol

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 261 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 07:31 PM

i Haven’t successfully made my own grain bags but I’ve ordered some before .

How did you get your spores On the grains ? Did you have an injection Port on th the bag ?

#364 Baphom3t

Baphom3t

I Put That Shit On Everything!

• VIP
  • 807 posts

Donator

Posted 11 May 2020 - 12:38 PM

I've had success with grow bags. Ones I've made and ones I've bought.
I actually like bags because they are easy to break up after full colonization, helluva lot easier than beating several qt. jars on your palm, but that's just me.
Green is not good, I'd toss that bag outside. When you get per-sterilized bags make sure it's from a reputable place, same with your spores. I say that because your bag may have been good and the spore syringe could have had contam in it or vice versa.
Did you wipe the injection point with ISO?  Did you flame sterilize the needle?

• Freshness likes this

#365 Freshness

Freshness

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 06:04 PM

I got the syringe from sporestore.com (Amazonian)and the grain from Shroomsupply.com. Also have another syringe I just inoculated from mushroom.com (GT) for round 2. I did sterilize everything but did double inject the first time without cleaning in between. Is humilidy an issue at this stage? Only 45% now.

#366 Mycol

Mycol

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 261 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 06:25 AM

Humidity outside the bag ? Shouldn’t be an issue
  • Baphom3t likes this

#367 Paradoc

Paradoc

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 125 posts

Posted 27 May 2020 - 06:56 AM

Heya shroomsoomie...
I was looking for a spores vendor, saw Sporeworks got high marks and placed an order with them.

I wanted to letYa know that neither of the discount codes you mentioned were recognized.
But I can’t complain.

Thought I’d share this info with you.
Peace.
P~

#368 Baphom3t

Baphom3t

• VIP
  • 807 posts

Donator

Posted 27 May 2020 - 09:27 AM

I have a good vendor.
https://www.psilolab.nl/

• Paradoc likes this

#369 Baphom3t

Baphom3t

• VIP
  • 807 posts

Donator

Posted 27 May 2020 - 09:32 AM

@freshness......
if you're growing from bags, what the myc does inside the bag is enough.
you don't have to add any humidity or anything. they will do it themselves.

#370 PCaddict

PCaddict

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 10:15 AM

Hello everyone , I am starting on my first ever shroom experience, That's right I have Never tried Shrooms and I have never grown them  but I want to do both . I got my spores the other day so I am waiting on my order to arrive from North Spore. I got 3 substrate which they call Boomer Bags and I bought the 2 Grain injection bags. to go with them but I am not sure what grow method they use. They have a video on their site but they never say what system they are using so I can find more info on it. Any help in getting me started would be Greatly Appreciated  :biggrin:  

Also how many ml or cc should I enject in the bag. ?? The whole 10cc syringe worth or 1/2 of the 10cc syringe ?? I am totally winging it here Please Help :ohmy:

I really wish I could find someone to mentor me if possible  :wub:

#371 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 916 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 May 2020 - 12:09 PM

Hello everyone , I am starting on my first ever shroom experience, That's right I have Never tried Shrooms and I have never grown them  but I want to do both . I got my spores the other day so I am waiting on my order to arrive from North Spore. I got 3 substrate which they call Boomer Bags and I bought the 2 Grain injection bags. to go with them but I am not sure what grow method they use. They have a video on their site but they never say what system they are using so I can find more info on it. Any help in getting me started would be Greatly Appreciated  :biggrin:  

Also how many ml or cc should I enject in the bag. ?? The whole 10cc syringe worth or 1/2 of the 10cc syringe ?? I am totally winging it here Please Help :ohmy:

I really wish I could find someone to mentor me if possible  :wub:

Hello PCaddict,

1-2 cc is a good amount for a bag, jars use a little less.

Glad to hear that you are cultivating for your first experience

• DarkPassenger likes this

#372 MycoAnt81

MycoAnt81

Myco Myco Myco Ant

• Free Member
  • 575 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 June 2020 - 09:57 PM

These syringes look like they are full of spores.
Much better quality than I usually see.
Can you say who is the supplier?
What kind of info, if any do they include with the syringes?

Sporeworks sends them like this. Have excellent results every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#373 thainewb

thainewb

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 01:35 PM

I have used my own BRF jars in the past but moved and left them behind so wanted to have a slightly easier run at a summer flush.  Anyone use these before?  https://www.amazon.c...la-698445007147

If you have how have they held up after the first use?  does the self sealing port last through a  pressure cooker?  can you use tape to reseal the breathing hole?   Is the shape good for growing PC rather than the typical 1/2pt wider flatter? any thoughts are helpful.  Thanks TN

#374 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,599 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 June 2020 - 02:11 PM

Those should work just fine. They are PCable even with the self healing ports

• thainewb likes this

#375 Boebs

Boebs

Psychonaut

• VIP
  • 1,161 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 June 2020 - 07:53 PM

Extremely easy to make at home too..
For 45 bucks id buy a case of jars
A bag of brf
Vermiculite
And spores..
Drill 4 holes in the lids
Them
Steam sterilize in a big on pot

Maybe i should be selling premade jars?

#376 SmokeyJoe95

SmokeyJoe95

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 June 2020 - 03:30 AM

Hey everyone my APE spore syringe Just arrived in the mail today from Quality Spores, I am about to get a 4 quart jar of rye berries & 4 lbs of manure based substrate kit from outgrow.com and I’m just really hoping this grow goes better than the first 2. Not saying I didn’t get some really nice fruit because I did, I just wasn’t able to get a nice canopy, they mainly where popping up from around the edges of the tub. Is this normal????

#377 Paradoc

Paradoc

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 125 posts

Posted 14 June 2020 - 07:30 AM

Hey everyone...this thread to get here is super long...sees to have drifted from spore vendors to all manner of useful info...
But I have a question....or three...

I just got my order from Sporeworks as they rated highly here and my original spores vendor in CO went out of business.
I got 2 10cc’s spore syringes...1-b+ and 1 called Puerto Rican* both are cube strains.
Looking at the contents, I notice a large mass of dark spore material and lots of floater pieces. Shaking it just moves it around.
Both are similar but the b+ syringe is wayyyy darker than the other. I am concerned the clumped spore material will NOT all come out of the syringe when I inoculate them....

“If I inoculate my brf jars DIRECT from these syringes, will each squirt of the solution have SIMILAR amounts of spores in them?
Does it matter?

I’ve got large 16 & 18ga. bore needles and am concerned about how to get those clumps out of there and into my brf jars...
The spores I used previously came in a 10cc’s vial and appeared to have much smaller particulate matter...But I noticed it all EASILY came out of the syringe when I used them...

I have a smaller 5cc syringe and was considering to REMOVE SOME of the clumpy spore solution by inserting a sterile needle on my smaller syringe to extract perhaps, 3 or 4cc’s at a time.

“How can I ensure the clumped spore material will all come out of the syringe EVENLY?”

Thanx folks...help from folks here, and some in particular, have gotten me this far...Into my 2nd *project.

Peace all
P~

#378 merbymush

merbymush

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 02:41 PM

Hi everyone, sorry if this is a super repetitive question regarding spore vendors but I feel like Covid-19 has really changed and complicated things these days. I've been doing a lot of reading and watching a lot of videos lately as a total noob to this hobby and one of the members already shared a link for "Magic for the Masses" guide (which was awesome...very grateful!). I've also been ordering and getting all the necessary supplies to get my new hobby started but the most important part (spore syringes) have been so hard to get in Canada.

- Sporeworks has great reviews but they are not shipping internationally right now.

- Mushrooms.com will not ship spore syringes to Canada right now (only prints and I feel like I would mess that up royally as a noob).

- Spores101.co which has a Canadian shipping option sells Golden Teacher syringes but with pre-grown live mycelium in the syringe (isn't that illegal?) I wasn't sure what to think of this and it felt like some kind of weird trap or something.

- Other Mycotopia sponsors/vendors just don't have any cubensis stock available in the strains that seem to be recommended to beginners, or they won't ship to Canada right now.

What would you recommend in this case? Does anyone have any experience with Spores101? Should I try going for the spore prints and attempting to make my own syringes? Or would you recommend waiting it out until certain vendors are ready to ship to Canada again? I don't want to be a whiny noob but I'm a little intimidated by the process to begin with and just want to minimize the risk of contamination as much as possible until I am a little more comfortable with the beginner PF Tek process. Any suggestions, tips, or words of encouragement would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the helpful links thus far and for all the great info on this forum. I'm really looking forward to jumping into my first attempt as soon as I can.

#379 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 8,110 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 June 2020 - 04:40 PM

Hi everyone, sorry if this is a super repetitive question regarding spore vendors but I feel like Covid-19 has really changed and complicated things these days. I've been doing a lot of reading and watching a lot of videos lately as a total noob to this hobby and one of the members already shared a link for "Magic for the Masses" guide (which was awesome...very grateful!). I've also been ordering and getting all the necessary supplies to get my new hobby started but the most important part (spore syringes) have been so hard to get in Canada.

- Sporeworks has great reviews but they are not shipping internationally right now.

- Mushrooms.com will not ship spore syringes to Canada right now (only prints and I feel like I would mess that up royally as a noob).

- Spores101.co which has a Canadian shipping option sells Golden Teacher syringes but with pre-grown live mycelium in the syringe (isn't that illegal?) I wasn't sure what to think of this and it felt like some kind of weird trap or something.

- Other Mycotopia sponsors/vendors just don't have any cubensis stock available in the strains that seem to be recommended to beginners, or they won't ship to Canada right now.

What would you recommend in this case? Does anyone have any experience with Spores101? Should I try going for the spore prints and attempting to make my own syringes? Or would you recommend waiting it out until certain vendors are ready to ship to Canada again? I don't want to be a whiny noob but I'm a little intimidated by the process to begin with and just want to minimize the risk of contamination as much as possible until I am a little more comfortable with the beginner PF Tek process. Any suggestions, tips, or words of encouragement would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the helpful links thus far and for all the great info on this forum. I'm really looking forward to jumping into my first attempt as soon as I can.

Use Ralphsters Canada location.

#380 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,932 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 June 2020 - 09:47 AM

I have had success with spores 101, do some more digging and you will find they have a wide selection of multi spore syringes not just the liquid culture GT

https://www.spores10...n-shipping.html

Edited by flashingrooster, 21 June 2020 - 09:49 AM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!