• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 TriedNTrue

TriedNTrue

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 06:51 PM

So it’s going on a month now. My half pints are all white and I’m waiting on pint to cover completely. I am also waiting on the half’s to start pinning before I birth them.

My half have been pulled out and put under a light for 12hrs a day.

How much longer do you think I have before they pin?
  • coorsmikey likes this

#22 joeya

joeya

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 413 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 07:06 PM

There is no rule about how long it takes for pins. It varies between strains, or even between jars of the same strain. It could happen tomorrow, or it could happen in two weeks. 

If the light you have them under is keeping them too warm then that could be slowing them down. Ideally you want them room temperature, or at least slightly cooler than you had them for colonization. 

• coorsmikey and TriedNTrue like this

#23 TriedNTrue

TriedNTrue

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 01:03 AM

Absolutely, So Im just building a great grow kit.  Just got a Temp and humidity monitor. I have my tub sitting on a heating pad right now but I just got a mat order too. 

Anyways, Temp was 82-85 during colonization. I think I removed these a little too soon but they are at room temp which is around 70. 

Im going to get the heat pad and warm it up to 75. 

My light is a led so no heat. 

Patience man. This is a long wait. lol. But im going to figure it out. 

Thanks again for the responses and information  

#24 joeya

joeya

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 413 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 09:16 AM

Im going to get the heat pad and warm it up to 75. 

I would really recommend against this. 70 is just fine for fruiting. My fruiting chambers are doing great in the basement, where it varies from 65 to 72. Check out the picture of the flush going on in that environment right now!

20190722_165146.jpg

#25 TriedNTrue

TriedNTrue

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 02:54 PM

Will do then. More patience. So patience is suppose to be free but it seems to be the valuable part of growing

#26 TriedNTrue

TriedNTrue

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 04:59 PM

Posting back for and update.

I posted another thread about peroxide due to some fuzzy. I learned that peroxide seemed to allow trinch to set in on most cakes that I did this with. Green puff came on pretty quick in a few. I threw them out.

Then I tried cutting the contam out on a few. This saved one cake the Rest Trich got em.

My advice to any impatient noobs like me. -just dunk and set them in a chamber and wait until you see something. I believe my biggest mistakes on my first grow was fucking with them everyday.
I now have about 6 cakes pinning and waiting in a few more. But I lost about 8 because I decided to mess with them before seeing green or color. IMO.

Now I’m waiting for all of these pins to rip a veil. And I’m still opening them everyday to fuck with them. Lol.

I have started another set of cakes and I also took a few of my already cakes and shredded them of up with a grader to make a few bulk grows from cow poo, coffee, peat moss and vermiculite. It’s been a few days and my vid spreading so fingers crossed.

Attached Thumbnails

• 8DE961EB-8241-4600-9D6D-615B4BFE7940.jpeg
  • 8F026B28-F627-4270-BCD4-448A9A7F630F.jpeg

#27 TriedNTrue

TriedNTrue

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 05:02 PM

I know it’s impossible to answer but “how many grams do you think I’ll get out of what you see?”

My purpose to grow is so I can microdose in hopes to achieve more but I would like to be able to have a spiritual journey with my wife before I start microdosing.

Wondering how much I’ll need as seeing in dried weight is so much different.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!