Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

So mods, admins, any consideration of rules modification?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Foster

Foster

cyanophile

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,254 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 July 2019 - 06:44 PM

Since the passage of the hemp bill, seeds have been removed from the DeA's priority for the USA in its entirety.

Imported seeds of any kind are strictly now under CBP and USDA regs. And still illegal without proper paperwork..

But from what I read in the farm bill, seeds containing less than .3? % thc are no longer illegal. This should cover all hemp/cannabis sativa seeds.

Open trading may still draw a little too much attention, but any discussion yet on the subject?

Any thoughts? Anyone read this farm bill (hemp portion) and find I am not correct in my understanding?

peace, foster

• crazy1, coorsmikey, Juthro and 2 others like this

#2 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,528 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 July 2019 - 07:23 PM

When did that bill pass?

#3 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,681 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 July 2019 - 07:30 PM

Hey Foster good to see you! You would probably still know better than me, but I don't recall any restrictions or rules discussing seeds. Just that trading and discussion of trading, selling or transferring seeds was prohibited. However, as the "heat" and attention that it brings with open trading subsides, I'm sure that we'll make some more adjustments and changes. It gets brought up in our board meetings (which are long overdue) along with other changes to keep current with the times. Once we figure a way to keep dishonest humans, bots and spammers from taking advantage of good members the plan is to do away with the VIP groups and trading limited within premium groups. So far having a premium membership has proved to be a very effective tool to protect good members while trading in general. Way more than it actually helps to pay the bills. Hopefully soon though, we can add cannabis seeds to be legally traded and bartered with among good standing members of the community.

Edited by coorsmikey, 14 July 2019 - 09:38 PM.

• Foster, Skywatcher, wharfrat and 1 other like this

#4 GORF

GORF

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 249 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 07:38 PM

Seeds do not contain THC.

Any cannabis plant with more than 0.3% THC is still illegal and not classified as Hemp.

The first farm bill was passed in 2014 and another was passed in 2018

Wikipedia has a good page on it and there are several good links to other documents at the bottom of the entry

#5 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,886 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 July 2019 - 09:11 PM

https://mycotopia.ne...-seeds-allowed/

Here's the discussion with which I'm most familiar.

It seems that private discussion of seed trading - from legal to legal areas - has been up to the discretion of the persons involved in the discussion. Open discussion of trading, thus far, has been forbidden for obvious reasons.

Decriminalization is not the same as legalization. Other parties could decide to exercise their "duty" to enforce the law - whether it was deemed a low-priority offense or not. It's a gamble.

• Foster, coorsmikey, Juthro and 1 other like this

#6 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,655 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 July 2019 - 09:30 PM

Would it be in bad form to say you were open to trading seeds on the boards? I would be interested in trading seeds but I don’t want to hop around in everyone’s PM’s to ask them if they are interested as well, you know? Lol

What do you think about people posting that they are open to getting PM’s about seed trading but leaving it at that and not doing any actual trading on the boards?

Whatever the rules are I’ll follow them obviously... just thinking out loud!

Also @CoorsMikey where are these VIP groups you speak of? Lol

Edited by coorsmikey, 14 July 2019 - 09:46 PM.

• Foster likes this

#7 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,681 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 July 2019 - 09:44 PM

Would it be in bad form to say you were open to trading seeds on the boards? I would be interested in trading seeds but I don’t want to hop around in everyone’s PM’s to ask them if they are interested as well, you know? Lol

What do you think about people posting that they are open to getting PM’s about seed trading but leaving it at that and not doing any actual trading on the boards?

A very skillfully worded comment in the only forum that allows discussion of  trading open or behind the curtain, at the discretion of staff to delete and or infract may in fact fall in to a discretionary loophole. I do think the "Form" would make it or break depending if it was good or bad. I'm just thinking out loud too! 

• Foster, ethnobotanist420 and Juthro like this

#8 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,886 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 July 2019 - 09:51 PM

Treated like spores - knowing that there are states in which they are not permitted

Seeds traded the same would fall under the same criteria

You would have to be VIP

Trades could be done privately

Your declaration of willingness to trade seeds could invite traffic you weren't expecting.

We are an informational website first. Once more legalization happens - and a lot less "decriminalization" ..........then we'll be in safe territory.  Low criminal priority is not exemption from prosecution.

• Foster and Juthro like this

#9 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,655 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 July 2019 - 09:53 PM

A very skillfully worded comment in the only forum that allows discussion of trading open or behind the curtain, at the discretion of staff to delete and or infract may in fact fall in to a discretionary loophole. I do think the "Form" would make it or break depending if it was good or bad. I'm just thinking out loud too!
Thank you kindly good sir! I’m greatful to have you looking out for the community :)

Treated like spores - knowing that there are states in which they are not permitted
Seeds traded the same would fall under the same criteria

You would have to be VIP
Trades could be done privately

Your declaration of willingness to trade seeds could invite traffic you weren't expecting.
We are an informational website first. Once more legalization happens - and a lot less "decriminalization" ..........then we'll be in safe territory. Low criminal priority is not exemption from prosecution.

Thanks Myc! Thank you for looking out for the community as well :)

Edited by ethnobotanist420, 14 July 2019 - 09:55 PM.

• coorsmikey and Juthro like this

#10 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,770 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2019 - 02:20 AM

Other parties could decide to exercise their "duty" to enforce the law - whether it was deemed a low-priority offense or not. It's a gamble.

I'm all for open trading, but I'm not sure its time yet.  I know that here in AK we say weed is legal, but the feds dont agree.   In any of the Federal forests here  the federal squirrel rangers (the ones dressed in green) can, and will write you a misdemeanor ticket that can cost you a lot of money, and some jail time just for a minor possession.

Some of them guys don't think the war on drugs is over.  I may be paranoid,  but I still advise people to be

careful.

The tide is in our favor, but the water is still deep.

Edited by Juthro, 15 July 2019 - 02:21 AM.

• Foster and Myc like this

#11 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 05:55 AM

There is a BIG push for the hemp industry to begin major production. In my state actually, Farm Bureau has has classes for growing Hemp and as late as last Friday my emails said they still have starts ready to pick up

The movement is gaining some serious ground, now for the Feds to just give in........ lol

• Foster likes this

#12 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,987 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2019 - 09:30 AM

There is a BIG push for the hemp industry to begin major production. In my state actually, Farm Bureau has has classes for growing Hemp and as late as last Friday my emails said they still have starts ready to pick up

The movement is gaining some serious ground, now for the Feds to just give in........ lol

The Farm Bill passed in 2018 was done by the Feds for hemp.

They have allowed each state to set any other regulations if any.
NC has really taken off but it is on a permit basis at this point and is really an alternative to embattled tobacco farmers.

• crazy1 likes this

#13 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,528 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2019 - 12:07 PM

When I moderated at drugs forum, they had tiers for members. Platinum, gold, silver that required at least 500 and up to get into those hidden sub forums where different things were discussed. Something like that could work here while still keeping vip. Having to earn a privilege is a lot more appreciated than buying it.

• roc, crazy1 and Coopdog like this

#14 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,528 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2019 - 12:23 PM

I should have specified 500 post count for silver, and platinum was way higher.

• bezevo likes this

#15 Foster

Foster

cyanophile

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,254 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 July 2019 - 08:27 AM

myc-Once more legalization happens - and a lot less "decriminalization" ..........then we'll be in safe territory.  Low criminal priority is not exemption from prosecution.

Decriminalization is not the same as legalization. Other parties could decide to exercise their "duty" to enforce the law - whether it was deemed a low-priority offense or not. It's a gamble.

roc-

The Farm Bill passed in 2018 was done by the Feds for hemp.

They have allowed each state to set any other regulations if any.

This is directly quoted from the CBP info center home page. But as ya'll said who knows what overzealous john law can or will do, legal or no.

Importing hemp seeds into the U.S.  
Can I import hemp products or hemp seeds into the United States? 

Hemp seeds can be imported into the United States. The Agriculture Improvement Act of 2018 (The 2018 Farm Bill) removed hemp and hemp seeds from the Drug Enforcement Administration’s (DEA) schedule of Controlled Substances. This action removed hemp and hemp seeds from DEA authority for products containing tetrahydrocannabinols (THC) levels not greater than 0.3 percent. Therefore, DEA no longer has authority to require hemp seed permits for import purposes. 

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) regulates the importation of all seeds for planting to ensure safe agricultural trade. Under this authority, USDA is providing an alternative way for the safe importation of hemp seeds into the United States. 

Federal law prohibits human consumption and possession of schedule I controlled substances. Products containing THC, the hallucinogenic substance in marijuana, are illegal to import. Products that do not cause THC to enter the human body are therefore legal products.

Importation of Hemp Seeds from Canada

Hemp seeds can be imported into the United States from Canada if accompanied by either: 1.) a phytosanitary certification from Canada’s national plant protection organization to verify the origin of the seeds and confirm that no plant pests are detected; or 2.) a Federal Seed Analysis Certificate (SAC, PPQ Form 925) for hemp seeds grown in Canada.

Importation of Hemp Seeds from Countries other than Canada

Hemp seeds may be imported into the United States from countries other than Canada if accompanied by: 1.) a phytosanitary certificate from the exporting country’s national plant protection organization to verify the origin of the seeds and confirm that no plant pests are detected.

Hemp seed shipments may be inspected upon arrival at the first port of entry by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to ensure USDA regulations are met, including certification and freedom from plant pests.

• roc, crazy1 and coorsmikey like this

#16 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,759 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 July 2019 - 10:49 AM

Cannabis is legal federally in Canada. Trading/giving away seeds within Canada is completely legal...for Canadian members doing so in private within Canada it should not be a problem imo.

Edited by hyphaenation, 16 July 2019 - 10:52 AM.

• roc, Foster, crazy1 and 1 other like this

#17 Foster

Foster

cyanophile

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,254 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 July 2019 - 01:03 PM

I was not asking for or advocating any change. IMO, honestly, probably not a good idea in open forums yet.:D

More just tossing the question of it out there. Spreading some new info. Love hearing the thoughts ideas and opinions on these "gray" area subjects. :) 

I think this is the line that really grabbed my attention and mad me start thinkin' hmmmm?

. (The 2018 Farm Bill) removed hemp and hemp seeds from the Drug Enforcement Administration’s (DEA) schedule of Controlled Substances.

Edited by Foster, 17 July 2019 - 01:08 PM.

• roc, Phungivore, Juthro and 1 other like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!