• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Banjhakri

Banjhakri

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 12:12 PM

I had a dream that I would like to share.

Quick background: I'm in my mid-thirties with a wife and 3 kids.  I had fun with several hard drugs in my early twenties but have not done anything other than marijuana and a little blow since.  I am a daily pot smoker.  

About 10 months ago I found out about JRE podcast and was fascinated by the episodes on psychedelics, particularly DMT.  It sent me on a mission to have an earth-shaking experience.  Looking up how to make DMT led me here.  I quickly realized that making DMT was above my skill level but while browsing the boards here I learned about cacti trips.  After lots and lots of studying and planning, it was set that I was going to do a cactus trip with two friends, let’s call the Tritt and Clam.  We all went to high school together but live pretty far apart at this point.  As the plan came together, Tritt was to fly into my local airport where I would pick him up and drive about 4 hours to meet Clam at a very cabin.  

This plan had been set for at least 6 months.  I booked the cabin after selecting one that met very specific needs.  This cabin was remote, backed up to 1000's of acres of state forest, and left a zero percent chance of seeing another person. When we were about 2 months out, I placed an order online for 5 lbs. of bridgesii from what I thought was a very reputable source.  Let's just say her legacy lives on.  When it came, it was 6 lengths ranging from 10"-16" and weighing it at 2465 grams.  I de-spined them and put them back into the box and kept them in my garage.  I left them there until the week of the trip, which was to take place on a Saturday with the prep happening on Friday.

The Monday of trip week I take the cacti out of the box and begin to remove the skin.  WOW does that SUCK.  I gave myself an hour to skin all 6 lengths, but after an hour I only had one done and didn't have enough time to continue.  At some point through all my research I read that freezing helps the skin come off.  So, the one length I can done I sliced like a cucumber and cut out the center core.  I put that into a Ziplock and the rest of the other lengths into another Ziplock and into the freezer they went.  I nice person here mentioned that I should go through 3 freeze thaw cycles anyways to help break up the cell wall of the cacti.  So, Monday they go into the freezer.  Tuesday, I remove them, and they thaw all day, back into the freezer Tuesday night.  Wednesday, I pulled them out and began to remove the skin from the other 5 lengths.  While it was easier, it was still a pain in the ass.  I was not prepared for how tedious or time consuming this skinning process was.  The frozen cactus was just dripping slime while I skinned it.  I had to skin over a bowl to collect all the slime and not lose any.  It was amazing the amount of slime that came off these as I skinned them. I finished the process in about 3 hours.  At that point I took all the chopped-up cacti and put it into a blender with filtered water and blended this into a smoothie consistency.  Then the contents were poured back into gallon zip lock bags, double bagged and put back into the freezer for the third freeze thaw cycle.  they stayed in the freezer until early Friday morning.  

I picked up Tritt from the airport about 9:30 AM and off to the cabin we went.  We needed to stop for lunch and some supplies which put us to the cabin about 2:30. I immediately put the pot on the stove and dumped the mostly thawed cactus smoothie into the pot.  I rinsed the bags with distilled water and put about 2/3 gallon into the pot and set the temp to medium high.  Within 10-15 minutes it was boiling.  It frothed up but then sucked back down.  It wasn't simmering but it also wasn’t roaring, boiling somewhere in between.  We boiled this for 90 minutes, at which point we strained it through a t-shirt.  Rather than waiting for it to cool we used tongs to hold the pulp and a stick to twist the t-shirt.  This left hardly any liquid left in the pulp.  Back into the pot with another 2/3 gallon of distilled water.  We boiled this again, and strained.  Repeated a third time.  After the third time, all the liquid was combined and put back into the pot.  I set a fan above the pot and reduced it down to 12-16 ounces.  we divided this into 3 equal doses and let this sit out overnight. After we were done with the tea, we found the Clam was coming that night, but not able to stay and not able to partake the next day.  

We had a 7 AM wakeup call and had fasted from 7 PM the night before.  A nice friend here mentioned about using something called Miracle Berry which makes bitter things taste sweet.  The first thing we did was toss a Miracle Berry in our mouths and suck it until it was gone.  then we mixed up the tea which had separated some, so we wanted it all back into a solution.  Then we had a cheers and down it went.  I plugged my nose and had a chaser of grapefruit juice.  With the miracle berry, plugging my nose, and chasing it I could not taste the tea; HOWEVER, I could absolutely tell this shit was vile and the nastiest thing I had ever consumed.  While chugging my 4-5-ounce dose my body wanted to heave it back up.  I got it all down and chugged a bunch of my grapefruit juice (which was weirdly sweet from the miracle berry).  I rinsed my tea cup out with grapefruit juice and chugged the remnants down as well.  The wait was on.

About 30 minutes in I thought I felt weird.  I couldn’t tell but acknowledged it could have been placebo.  After another 15 minutes or so I could tell something was happening, albeit very faint. All this time I feel bloated and can tell that a puke is coming.  I go sit outside and try to focus on keeping it down for a longer period. 

T+ 1:15 I puke but feel much better, like the pressure from my bloating was released.  I felt a slow buzzing, but I was not tripping at this point.  Tritt did not puke.

T + 2:00 - 4:00 (9:00 AM - 11:00 AM) we had our back packs packed and decided to go exploring in the forest.  We had tunes playing and slowly took our time looking at everything.  Colors were much brighter; things were fuzzy, and the body high was strong.  I had a few minor visuals, for example I bent down to touch a mushroom and when I did the mushroom pulled away but at the same time swallowed my finger.  This was (unbeknownst to us before) the absolute best forest we could ask for to trip in.  there was an ocean of ferns for ages, moss covering every branch and tree that had fallen over.  Plants that grew so thick and beautifully that they looked like a rolling neon green ocean.  there was a lot of empathy for nature, trying not to step on plants and trample them.  There were weird vibes with some places that we just avoided and went a different route.  We would have stayed in the forest for hours, but we decided we wanted to split the third dose, so we made our way back to the cabin

T+4:00 At this point I felt like I should be peaking and tripping balls, but I wasn't.  Everything described above was very mild and I was very lucid through all of this.  We were smoking bowls throughout which seemed to kick up the body high.  We split the third dose into two and downed it (after some more miracle berry and a used a chaser again).  This time I had no stomach discomfort.  It could have been there but the high my body was feeling masked it.  

T+6:00 We are still at the cabin at this point because our bodies don't really want to move a whole lot.  If I had to compare the high to something it would be rolling, but it wasn't like rolling.  It was intense waves that made us lethargic, but at the same time I was still lucid through this.  It kind of felt drunk but more euphoric and less sloppy. If I closed my eyes, I felt like I was floating.  We were laying in the grass closing our eyes and feeling the warm sun on us.  There were no CEV's for me.  The OEV's were very few and far between.  At this point I was bored.  I wanted to do something, but my body did not want to move a whole lot.  I decided we should take a ride (I know this is stupid and don't condone this).  We pull out of the cabin and go for a few miles down a 45-mph road.  45 is too fast for me to feel comfortable at this point, so I'm going about 30 and subsequently pissing off people behind us.  I decide that this is not a good situation and turn off on the first side road I see.  This road ends up being perfect, like it was destiny.  This is a dirt road that goes for miles through the state forest.  Lucking I drive a truck because a car would not have made it.  We are now able to chill and I'm driving between 5-10 mph taking everything in.  We stop where a gas line had been cut through the forest.  Staring out into the distance, everything looked like it was painted with a brush.  Tritt is pretty fucked up at this point, seeing a lot more things than I am.  He is describing things changing colors and geometric patterns coming out of everything.  he's also confused about a lot of things, but definitely enjoying himself.  We travel the road for about an hour until it ends on another busier road.  I turn around and we go back the way we came, up through the forest.  When we get back on the main road, I get uncomfortable again going at high speeds.  I remember taking my hat off while we were driving and feeling like my head detached from my body.  I was glad to get back to the cabin.

T+8:00.  Back at the cabin now and Tritt can't get out of the truck.  He stays sitting in it for about an hour and I sit on the back deck that looks into the forest.  I smoke another bowl and relax watching a bird chirp at me.  I couldn’t figure out what he wanted but then I saw I was about 5 feet away from a nest.  I move down the porch to give him space while he/she tends to their babies.  It was fascinating watching this.  after about an hour or so Tritt has joined me.  He sits where I was initially which makes the bird upset.  I felt such empathy for this bird, and I felt sad that we were fucking up its routine.  All it wanted was to feed its babies and we were preventing that.  But the body high overrode my feelings of empathy and didn’t really want to move.  We sat there another hour and let the bird have its space.

T + 10:00 We haven’t really eaten much all day.  At some point I had a slice or two of watermelon and a couple bites of blueberries but that was it.  I had no appetite but knew I had to eat.  I had brought some BBQ leftovers that all they needed was heated up.  I threw that in the over and made myself a sandwich.  I didn't want to eat it, but it wasn’t like I was making myself sick.  I got it down which I’m sure my body was thankful for even though I felt fine.  We throw Pulp Fiction on and watch it and just relax.  I feel like I’m coming down at this point, but it’s not a dreaded feeling like ecstasy or coke is.  It’s still feeling good, just not as high as I was.  

T+ 13:00 Clam shows back up and we smoke a bowl together and tell him all about our day.  I still feel mildly high but I'm 90% back to normal at this point.  We hang out for a while until he has to go back to his family.  Tritt and I go back in and watch Pineapple Express.  

T+ 17:00 I'm in bed and easily drift off to sleep.  I wake up after about 6 hours feeling fine except a bit tired.  

This was a fun experience for me, but not nearly what I was looking for.  Something went wrong, either my preparation, or I got week cactus.  It was enough to fuck me up, but not the earth shaker I desired, or should have gotten out of the amount of cacti that was consumed.  We split 6 feet of bridgesii 2 ways.  1200+ grams a piece of fresh cacti.  This should have been a heroic dose to send us to another dimension. At least I thought.  That’s not what I got, not even close.  I wanted this to be intense and life changing, and it was not.  There were times that I was just bored of it.  There was also a feeling of unsatisfaction during the trip.  Like I couldn’t be content with what I had and what was going on in the moment.  For example, I would want to smoke a bowl and when I got done I wanted a cigarette and when I was done with that I wanted a Gatorade and when I drank that I wanted a lollipop and when I had all these and there was nothing left I would think about what I wanted because I wanted something other than what I had and what I was doing in the moment. Lack of feeling content, pretty much all day.  I wasn't looking for a party drug but being that the most I got out of this was an intense body high, it just wasn't very fun.  I don't know what went wrong, but I am left disappointed.  It was such a buildup and so much anticipation for nearly a year that with the letdown I had I don't think I’ll attempt this again.  The point where I am in my life, I can't get away to do things like this often.  The weekend probably cost me close to $1,000 and that’s fine if I got what I hoped to get out of it.  Being that I didn't, I don't think I will try this again for fear of being let down again.  Unless all you kind people here can pinpoint what went wrong and why I was left desiring more.  Reading trip reports about this I have little doubt and what I am desiring can be achieved with cactus, but I thought I took a lot of precautions to make sure it did.  I selected bridgesii over pachanoi because it’s supposed to be consistently higher mescaline content.  I went through 3 freeze thaw cycles.  I boiled it for three pulls for a total of 6 hours.  It wasn’t a completely wasted experience and I definitely felt something, just not what I was expecting and hoping for.  Tritt had a more intense experience than I did, more disassociated from reality and stronger visuals.  Maybe that’s because I threw up and hour and fifteen minutes in and he didn’t throw up at all.  Anyways, thanks for reading, I know it was a long one.  Also, thank you to everyone who helped me here.  You guys rock.

• Coopdog and Thacan like this

#2 Thirdeyeplants

Thirdeyeplants

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 192 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 06:02 PM

I have a few questions for you, no judgement, honest questions...
1) has nobody warned you about mixing cacti and marijuana? I have heard quite staunch objections to mixing the two...
2) is there any chance at all to reach out to your friend tritt and get him to write down how he recalls your adventures, that would be really cool to see both perspectives...
3) I have never really viewed cacti to be a "party drug", but more so an intense "meditational aide". Do you think maybe your psyche was trying to get you to look at your compulsive nature? Or maybe you were "supposed to" ponder why your head was so easily detached from the rest of your being?
It seems like you were very in tune with your emotions and nature (especially with your little bird friend) but did not really enjoy the lethargy and lack of activities. Again, I feel that maybe that was your minds eye telling you to slow down...

I really enjoyed your report, very thorough. If you are at all interested in my 2 cents, its this: I am not an expert in the preparation of cacti, but it seems to me that the lack of preparation falls on the "set" of set & setting.
  • Coopdog likes this

#3 Banjhakri

Banjhakri

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 08:38 PM

I have a few questions for you, no judgement, honest questions...
1) has nobody warned you about mixing cacti and marijuana? I have heard quite staunch objections to mixing the two...
2) is there any chance at all to reach out to your friend tritt and get him to write down how he recalls your adventures, that would be really cool to see both perspectives...
3) I have never really viewed cacti to be a "party drug", but more so an intense "meditational aide". Do you think maybe your psyche was trying to get you to look at your compulsive nature? Or maybe you were "supposed to" ponder why your head was so easily detached from the rest of your being?
It seems like you were very in tune with your emotions and nature (especially with your little bird friend) but did not really enjoy the lethargy and lack of activities. Again, I feel that maybe that was your minds eye telling you to slow down...

I really enjoyed your report, very thorough. If you are at all interested in my 2 cents, its this: I am not an expert in the preparation of cacti, but it seems to me that the lack of preparation falls on the "set" of set & setting.

Dude thank you so much for reading it and replying. I’ll try to respond in chronological order to your questions.
This build up went on for months and I was literally pulled to do this. I read tons of trip reports and anything that I could related to it. Somewhere along the way I did read that weed and cactus complemented each other. I found this to be true and would trip harder after smoking. I would be floored if the weed caused my lack of satisfaction, but I have been floored by many other things before.
I did a 4 hour download with Tritt the day after. He definitely felt it harder than me. He said everything made sense to him by looking at it but he was also very confused by a lot of simple things like time and place and how we got where we were. His visuals were more intense with changing colors and patterns emanating from objects. His lethargy was more prevalent as well.
The feeling of my head detaching from my body was a response to taking my hat off that I had been wearing for several hours. It felt that way for maybe 30 seconds before I felt normal. It didn’t seem like a profound experience, more so just goofy. When I told Tritt about it we both laughed a bit.
You’re thought about set really hit home with me. There were definitely times that I was willing it to come on harder. Trying everything I could to have visuals. Maybe I fucked it up by doing so. I’m very curious to know if others have mind fucked there trips into being weak. If what I did was normal for mescaline then I think it’s not for me. I’m kind of thinking I got bunk cactus but I don’t know. It seems like it should have been good so maybe it was all in my head. 2 other things I forgot to mention, we both took 5mg of melatonin for a week leading up to the boil and we juiced 2 lemons in the pot
  • Coopdog likes this

#4 Thirdeyeplants

Thirdeyeplants

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 192 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 09:11 PM

I should preface all of this by saying I have very limited experience with mescaline or any of its associated alkaloids, I am only here because I beleive we are all a part of eachothers collective journey, and for some reason yours spoke to me, maybe because we seem to be in very similar phases of life. That being said your comments about the marijuana seem do be contrary to what i have read/heard, I will have to do some more research (both scientific and anecdotal/spiritual). As for "mindfucking yourself into a bad trip" (paraphrasing) I have definitely gotten so inside my own head that I have redirected the course of my journey significantly, and brought myself to a very different place, however different and bad have very unique meanings to each individual. I find that to be true in day to day life as well. Your friends experience of understanding things just by looking at them seems very powerful, maybe the things that didnt make sense to him were just things his mind decided were not important at that given time. I hope i am not taking over your thread or offending, I am truely invested in your story. And if no one has told you this, I think you should be proud of yourself for making time for yourself and to get some peace in your life. Even if that was not your intent.

I have also heard great things about spiking a San pedro tea with a few peyote buttons, something about the unique cocktail of alkaloids. Might be something to look into if you havent given up on cacti all together.

Now for the last few lines. Being that i am no stranger to our fungal friends, I underatand the idea behind the lemons, but I have not heard of a regimen of melatonin as preparation for an experience, what are your thoughts behind this?

Edited by Thirdeyeplants, 17 July 2019 - 09:14 PM.

• Coopdog likes this

#5 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,733 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 July 2019 - 02:05 AM

OK I have some valid input for you here. I have read very few prep techniques that involve skinning the cactus. Everything I have read says that the highest alkaloid content is just under the skin. If you buy dried peruvianis or bridgessii it comes in flakes of skin because that is where the most alkaloids are. If I understood you correctly you did not ingest the skin? Every time I have had profound experiences on cacti, it was by dicing and smashing the entire cactus, tough center and all. 

I doubt that purging effected you that much because you held it in for quite a while. I would go farther and bet that your friend who did not purge wished he had for the rest of the night, because I know the few times I did not purge I was nauseated all night. I believe the purge to be an important part of the experience. I would think you possibly discarded a big part of your alkaloids with the skin. I would also say not to give up on cactus. It is a lot of work and prep, although it is considerably easier if you don't skin it. 

I enjoyed reading your trip report and thank you very much for sharing it. I have had cactus trips that did not make the big impression I was looking for, and after going through all that, it makes for one dissatisfying night, so I think your set and setting were about as optimal for this as they can be. I also find weed to be an important additive to my cactus nights, helping me deal with the nausea and anxiety that can happen on the comeup. Thank you for sharing. 

#6 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,985 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 July 2019 - 03:27 AM

IME pachanoi is speedier than bridgesii. I've commented here many times that I prefer the bridgesii for that reason.

You may prefer pachanoi.

A metaphor: do you know more about doing a good job of painting a room now - or before you did it the first time????  It matters to have been through a process once, ten times, a hundred times. We learn and accumulate wisdom over time. I can understand disappointment, especially at the expense you'd gone to for a good time, but I don't understand writing off the experience and writing off the cactus in general.

Speaking of set and setting - do you remember a few of us counseling that your brief weekend was going to impinge on the much anticipated good time? I'd guess that the tick tick ticking of the clock was rolling around in your head.

And nearly related to the OP - I seldom read trip reports. Why fill your head with other peoples' trips?  Waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy too many people trip expecting to see and visit with Machine Elves and are disappointed to find out they don't. Machine Elves are just two words one dude used AFAIK only one time to describe some indescribable thing he'd seen on DMT. It's become Urban or Internet Legend now. Elves Elves Elves. It's become an expectation that elves are going to appear every time a human being trips.  My point? Using the plants, and maybe LSD, are self exploration tools and not taxi cabs through somebody elses' trips.

Your trips are about you and nature so much as you are tuned into it.

My advice? Try again. Lower expectations and take what you get. Hopefully in a less rushed and expectation filled scenario.

As for the possibility of bunk cactus - Maybe but again, this being the first time you've gone through the tea making process, the prep was incomplete. I can't tell by re-reading the OP if the skin was or wasn't discarded but that would be a major error. That y'all tripped as you did on skinless tea says the columns were quite potent. But, jeez, I'd think three freeze thaws and the boiling you did would be an adequate extraction.

Again, we learn and gather wisdom one event at a time.

We're here to back you up. You're clearly our kind of people :)

Edited by pharmer, 18 July 2019 - 03:29 AM.

• Coopdog and Thirdeyeplants like this

#7 Banjhakri

Banjhakri

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 07:44 AM

Woah woah woah, wait a minute here.  When i'm talking skin, I mean the waxy translucent membrane that protects the green flesh.  This is what was removed and discarded.  This is what took hours to remove.  So you're telling me that there are alkaloids in that part of the plant?   DAMNIT! That would have totally messed this whole thing up and explain a lot.  I can't believe I fucked that part of this up.  I think this was a case of doing too much research.  I read and read and read about different teks and recipes for fear of messing something up and not getting the experience I wanted, however this was likely what doomed it. I read somewhere that the waxy skin was useless and only contributed to nausea.

Third Eye, no offense taken my friend, I appreciate your participation in this thread. I totally agree about steering trips in different directions with your mind.  I guess i just felt like my mind wasn't tripping.  I mean it was, but not hard, and at no time did i feel out of control or even that far from baseline, mentally.  Physically I sure was far from baseline.  And similar to my past ecstasy experiences, smoking weed didn't get you weed high, it was far different, and i never felt the head high that is weed.  In response to melatonin, again this was one of those things i read while doing research.  Apparently taking melatonin for a week leading up to the trip can help produce more intense OEV and CEV.  I didn't notice any affect of it though.

Coop, you did suggest irish lions tex.  I researched that and stupidly the only reason I didnt use it was because I wasn't able to find window screening for the smash and strain.  I figured that the blending and squeezing through a t-shirt was close enough to it.  I also stupidly assumed that his tek was mainly to help reduce nausea, so i thought by removing the core and skin that I was accomplishing the same thing.  Tritt had stomach discomfort but somewhere between T+2:00 - 3:00 his nausea went away, without purging.  When we split our second dose, I felt no discomfort at all, maybe some mild bloating but only noticeable if i focused on it.  Tritt said he almost purged after the second dose but kept it down.  There was no lasting stomach discomfort for either of us through the rest of the day.  

Pharmer, I didn't necessarily dislike the lethargy of the bridgesii over the apparently more speedy pachanoi.  It was just an observation.  Kind of similar to the heavier doses of psylocibin I had done years ago that pulled me to the ground (literally), but this was different where it was the intense body high that overwhelmed my ability to function.  I was absolutely concerned about timing, but it did not consume my thoughts.  I thought with a 7AM wake up call and blast off, at worst I would get only a few hours of sleep that night before driving home the next day.  I was not concerned about not being back to baseline by Sunday morning and i was not concerned about sleeping because i take medication to sleep every night.  Maybe that played a part but from what i read and researched, it was MAOI's and SSRI's to be concerned about where as the medication i take is 100 mg of trazadone which is neither.  BUT now that im typing this and looking at this from a different angle, that could have been the common denominator between Tritt and myself, and maybe that played a part in him having a more intense experience than me?

I was ready to write cactus off because i thought i did everything correctly, and it was just luck of the draw with getting weak cactus.  However now that i can possibly point the finger at discarding the skin as being the culprit, i WILL give this another shot.  Unfortunately i'm going to have to wait awhile, probably another year, but i think that its worth making these tweaks and trying it again.  I'm still in search of a complete altered state of consciousness and don't think i will feel content until that is achieved.    

One last note, a lot of the preps i read was that the tea was like a snot consistency, very slimy.  Our tea was not.  It was greenish brown and very thick.  It has solids in it that needed to be mixed up before we downed it, but it wasn't slimy. Anyways, thank you all for the input and help.  If it was the skinning that doomed me, I'm glad to be able to pin point it and will try again at some point.  

#8 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,985 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 July 2019 - 09:02 AM

IF the only skin you removed was clear or semiclear, not at all green, then you did fine. That would be the waxy layer and good for you to have that kind of patience but it was unnecessary to the extraction. It filters out just fine after all the boiling.

Bridgesii are much less slimy than Pachanoi. That's reason number two why I prefer them. Much easier prep.

The target molecules are all soluble in water so you could have filtered the final brew to the consistency of water and captured everything that did go into solution. There's no error in consuming some or all of the solids - just that they're harder on your stomach and need to be digested before all the goods are useful to your body. There a crazy persons on this planet who will literally eat feet of cactus raw - and trip for days.

BUT, proper boiling or long enough boiling will eliminate the sliminess of any of the active cactii. If not the consistency of water before reducing down to the final few ounces the extraction was likely incomplete. This would be true of all the active cactii. I boil mine three times for a minimum three hours after the freeze/thaw cycles. No point to leaving actives behind. Any Bridgesii I've tea'd up seem to take forever to give up all the actives. A good test to know if you've gotten  all the actives is to taste a chunk of what's being boiled after the third boil. If it's at all bitter there's still actives left in the flesh. There should be virtually no taste in fully extracted flesh.

Give it another try.

So, two of you consumed the entire 6 feet?  Damn, even an incomplete extraction of that much flesh should have flattened two men.

Do I remember right that you're large men? That might account for some discrepancy in the dose compared to an average size dose for an average size person but it really seems like more than enough for two big men.

Maybe somebody with solid pharmacy type knowledge can comment on the trazadone. That might have been the anchor on your balloon. I have a friend who takes xanax daily. I can dose the living shit out of him with cactus or mushrooms and he barely leaves the ground, let alone soar.

Edited by pharmer, 18 July 2019 - 09:18 AM.

• Coopdog likes this

#9 Banjhakri

Banjhakri

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 11:34 AM

It was the waxy skin.  It was only the waxy skin on the first piece i did prior to the freeze.  One the rest of the 5 it was MOSTLY just the waxy skin, however the freeze thaw caused some of the green flesh to stick to the skin.  Where the green flesh stuck i scraped as much off as i could.  It was so minor though, I remember thinking that i probably lost 1% of the green flesh.  I guess the mystery deepens then, being that the waxy skin was ok to remove (glad to know thats not necessary for my next attempt because that was incredibly tedious).  I did not taste the pulp at all after pulling, so i very easily could have, and probably likely did leave some alkaloids in it after the third pull.

I am 6'1 225 lbs, Tritt is 6' 210 lbs.  We're not giants but overall bigger guys.  Not so big that 6 feet of cacti wasn't enough of a dose.  Hell, i would think that even if i left some alkaloids in the pulp, we should have still extracted enough for the two of us.  Pharmer you mentioned in my other thread about figuring on 1% mescaline based off fresh weight (its a ballpark number, i know).  So we both should have consumed 1.23 grams of mescaline based off 2465 gram fresh weight.  Theres no way we got even close to that, even for Tritt who did have a more intense experience, but not nearly as fucked up as what he thought he was going to be. 

Perhaps the trazadone did play a roll in slightly grounding me.  One thing i haven't mentioned that i just thought of now, looking in the mirror at myself, and looking at Tritt, neither of our pupil's really dilated.  IME thats a classic sign on being on a journey, and we didnt have that, even a little bit.  I'm starting to lean back towards bunk cacti.  Next time i'll try to find a different source, but it just seems weird.  It seems like bridgesii is almost always good, at least from my research.  I understand pachanoi can be PC and basically bunk, but that was not my understanding for bridgesii.  Maybe I'll never know.

#10 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,733 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 July 2019 - 12:48 PM

As for that particulate/sediment in the mix, if left for a few hours to sit and cool, a lot of that will fall to the bottom. That slime will gather on the top of the boiling pot, and I saw someone's prep, they would put the pot half on and half off the burner so that only half of the top was bubbling, and the slime would pile up on the other half and be easier to spoon off, resulting in a cleaner brew with less stomach upset. 

I have done that tea prep maybe ten times, and only 3 with Bridgessii, and not had a good bridgessii experience yet. I find it to be a more scattered and jarring experience than Pachanoi, and the visuals seemed too busy and maybe even frantic at times compared to the smooth beautlful experiences I had on Pachanoi. Again this is all very subjective and depends on a LOT of variables. You seem to have a lot of expectations and solid impressions of an experience that will be anything but predetermined. Pharmer had a lot of good words up there. Some one elses experiences are just a poor attempt to put something indescribeable into words to convey a little of what happened for others to understand, and honestly it is impossible to describe it adequately and should never be considered textbook experiences. We all have our own private journey just for us. 

I have found that I am remarkably present and lucid even when I am tripping my ass off on cactus. All sorts of beautiful things can be going on around me, but if I had to interact with the neighbors, I was able to do that without them noticing that I was somewhere over the rainbow lol. Helping them look for their little dog turned into an adventure in it's own right lol. They would laugh their ass off if they knew what was going on that night and be very surprised that all my beautiful cacti are dual purpose rocket fuelled house plants lol. 

I am not sure cactus is what you are looking for maybe. It sounds as if a good high dose mushroom trip is more what you are expecting in a way. Either way, don't write off the cactus, they are awesome and you can keep them around and grow them and form a relationship with them, and maybe in time they will reward you someday. Have a good day!

#11 Banjhakri

Banjhakri

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 01:59 PM

Maybe I do need to steer more towards mushrooms to get what I’m looking for. I don’t know, every psychedelic experience I’ve ever had has left me wanting more. The goal is to basically break through and maybe I’m just not built for that.
  • Coopdog likes this

#12 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,985 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 July 2019 - 03:28 PM

do some digging on the trazadone and cactus interaction.

it's bunk cactus or it's something else

do you have pics of the cactus you used?

Edited by pharmer, 18 July 2019 - 03:29 PM.

#13 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,955 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 July 2019 - 04:13 PM

Hello Banjhakri.

I'm going to say the Trazodone was your trip suppressant. I take the same for sleep, and can say it greatly reduces your dream  recall and intensity. I have not taken a psychedelic since I started taking the Trazadone at night, so I can't supply a personal experience to echo your greatly reduced trip experience.

I did however find this:

https://www.reddit.c...ld_be_in_every/

The short of this states that the trazadone eliminates a psychedelic experience, effectively cancelling it out. I can personally see how this could be true judging from how it has taken my once extremely active and intense dream life, and reduced it to brief memory flashes of a dream not really recalled. I do believe the ability of the subconscious mind to interact and communicate with the wakeful state of mind has bearing on the same types of interactions serotonin plays on our ability to have a psychedelic experience.

I certainly find no fault in your preparations.............................

• Coopdog likes this

#14 Banjhakri

Banjhakri

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 06:33 PM

There it is. Skywatcher dropping wisdom and truth bombs. Son of a bitch. Thanks for the info. I can’t believe this.
  • Coopdog likes this

#15 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,955 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 July 2019 - 07:26 PM

I have no idea how long it takes to clear the trazodone out of your system, but I would personally go with a good system flush for at least a week before I went for a Spirit Walk. I think I want to thank you for sharing this before I had a similar experience and questioned why I was left on the ground..........................

• Coopdog likes this

#16 Banjhakri

Banjhakri

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 08:18 PM

I’m glad you know now before it was too late. You’re 100% accurate about dreams with it. It makes so much sense, it never crossed my mind before, during or after the trip. The trazadone is absolutely the culprit. I’m confident I would have been on the same level as Tritt otherwise. I can’t believe I let this slip. I should have thought about that.
I took it the night before, probably like 11:00 PM. We dosed 8 hours later and it wasn’t completely nullified, especially the body high part. According to that reddit page, it can take you completely out of an acid trip. I would say a week should be good and I’ll do the same next time.
Ugh, what a bummer.

#17 Banjhakri

Banjhakri

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 08:20 PM

do some digging on the trazadone and cactus interaction.

it's bunk cactus or it's something else

do you have pics of the cactus you used?

Pharmer here’s a pic of it. But I’m pretty sure I found my answer.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2F4CBDA5-731F-44DA-98E4-EE1A16D62C58.jpeg

• Coopdog likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!