Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Posters for tripping: Standard vs. black light?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 morthos

morthos

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 575 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 04:26 PM

Greetings!

A couple weeks ago I'd the luck to have an indoor trip on 5g via tea, and spent the peak time enjoying a trippy poster taped to my refrigerator door with the kitchen lights on. I'm planning on ordering more from Aliexpress.com as they've good pricing & selection, and I can wait a month+ for them before whenever my next window is. Looking for advice first though!

A few questions:

1. Do you find black light posters are as good or better than standard paper ones? I don't mean ones that are pretty to look at, but rather are 'made' for visual tripping.

2. I've not had a black light in decades. Can simple bulbs be used in lamps, or should particular setups be used? Can you suggest if the latter?

3. I'd link to the ones I'm seeking with Aliexpress.com but the hyperlink feature isn't working for me. Can you link to your favorite visual-effect posters? Please note if black light vs. standard.

As an example of a standard poster, on Amazon search for 'Studio B Psychodelic pulse poster' (not proper spelling but will find their item!)(attached below)

Thanks for any suggestions!

Attached Thumbnails

• Poster.JPG

Edited by morthos, 17 July 2019 - 04:27 PM.

• ElenaitepalP likes this

#2 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 265 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 06:09 PM

This ones a fun one to look at while trippin I have it in my room and it is funny.

RESIST.jpg

Any diety poster is a nice addition to a trippy setup, I prefer the smaller size so I can print it off for cheap.:

iu.jpeg

Trip hack, Buy one of those candle religious people buy next time you are at the grocery store, they make for good alter pieces and the candle light is a great ambiance!

arcangel-san-miguel-y-amigos.jpg

Edited by Moonless, 17 July 2019 - 06:14 PM.

#3 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,954 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 July 2019 - 08:43 PM

IMO the black light needed for those posters is a fluorescent tube. Bulbs will never illuminate them sufficiently.

That said, black light fluorescents give me a headache now, and mess with my eyes.

I actually would far rather look at woodgrain, or natural stone when traveling with the teachers, but that is moot because I have not journeyed anywhere but outside for the last 35 years, and any attempt to be inside was short lived before I needed to get outside where I feel most comfortable............

In my old LSD days, a television after the channel went off or a static visual offered entire programing of its own.....

I suppose only the old timers remember TV test patterns or static. 

The images you feel attracted to are the ones you should consider adding.

• crazy1, Juthro and ElPirana like this

#4 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,538 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 July 2019 - 08:51 PM

Download electric sheep. Best indoor trip toy ever. Especially on big screen.

It is my screensaver and I can trip to whatever music I want.

[Direct Link]

• crazy1, coorsmikey, Skywatcher and 2 others like this

#5 morthos

morthos

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 575 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 10:44 PM

Moonless, while the bears are great, it isn't quite the visual effect I'm looking for, while the 2nd one might be. I would not have western religious images around while tripping due to all the background issues I have with religion. 

Indeed Skywatcher, the positive prejudice of choosing something will assist the enjoyment of it alone, with its nature being secondary. =) Similarly, my desire for an expectation of privacy has me wanting indoors on higher trips - it is all framed in the mind. I suppose it also suggests a need for control when I perceive less when under the influence. 

I live in a tourist trap, so finding a private space outdoors can be a minor challenge, or at least travelling to/from while tripping. I do so for low doses however.

Agreed on all natural grains for sure, and I'll add plywood as a tangent. =)

I do recall both static and the color test screen - I grew up with 3 channels over the airwaves. I've never done acid or intend to. How is TV static for mushroom trips?

Thanks Onediadem, will check that out!

Any other poster people out there?

• Skywatcher likes this

#6 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 06:36 AM

Ahhhhh, white noise then the test pattern.................. memories lol

I also find it more in my way to be outside, Mother Earth shows you things you've never seen or understood. This is easy for me as I live way off the beaten path in the woods. No people for at least 1/2 mile or more. Also the night sky can be very enlightening. 

But to each their own, it's your adventure and be sure your comfortable and things will go well.

#7 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,954 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 July 2019 - 08:54 AM

How is TV static for mushroom trips?

I have not actually tried it, but any random pattern seems to organize into images for me. With mushrooms, if the teachers aren't finding electric static to their liking, you will likely find your attention directed to something like the nap of the carpet or popcorn ceiling texture..............................

I do understand the need and desire for freedom from prying eyes while partaking. I am fortunate in that I can be in the desert, mountains, or ocean in less than an hour.

• onediadem, Juthro, Moonless and 1 other like this

#8 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,538 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 July 2019 - 11:06 PM

I have no idea how you guys trip outdoors. My last outdoor trip had me in jurassic park for real. Crows were pterodactyls, my dog was a t rex, ect. I trip solo anymore, and I just feel safer inside lol.

• crazy1, firerat, Skywatcher and 2 others like this

#9 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 174 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 08:54 AM

I came across a couple artists over the past two or three weeks that looked interesting.

First is Sander Bos. He’s got some amazing psychedelic inspired paintings, but if you go to his website, there’s also some cool videos of virtual reality that resembles dmt trips.
https://www.sander-bos.nl/index.html

D926A029-3E20-44EF-BE63-2CA4F12AF609.jpeg

A5826625-DD71-4554-9CBD-DB4F0486755C.jpeg

Then Johannes Stötter, who does incredible body art. Some of them will have several models who are painted and posed in such a way to resemble animals. These are pretty incredible.
https://www.johannesstoetterart.com

E7A50FEB-F69D-4356-8605-17965040CD76.jpeg

D5CCEF06-B13D-4329-BF02-A5AC9149FB44.jpeg

8D20C6B2-75F7-4981-9A82-2A9856F6980F.jpeg
  • crazy1, Skywatcher and makinbones69 like this

#10 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,954 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 July 2019 - 09:26 AM

That body painting is insanely cool !

• ElPirana likes this

#11 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 174 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 12:22 PM

Download electric sheep. Best indoor trip toy ever. Especially on big screen.

It is my screensaver and I can trip to whatever music I want.

https://youtu.be/O5RdMvgk8b0

Great video, I gotta try watching this one of these days on a trip.

IMO the black light needed for those posters is a fluorescent tube. Bulbs will never illuminate them sufficiently.
That said, black light fluorescents give me a headache now, and mess with my eyes.

I actually would far rather look at woodgrain, or natural stone when traveling with the teachers, but that is moot because I have not journeyed anywhere but outside for the last 35 years, and any attempt to be inside was short lived before I needed to get outside where I feel most comfortable............

In my old LSD days, a television after the channel went off or a static visual offered entire programing of its own.....
I suppose only the old timers remember TV test patterns or static. 
The images you feel attracted to are the ones you should consider adding.

I’ve never had the opportunity to trip outside, or to trip during the day - although I would love to try. I’ve always got my kids around so I only ever trip at night when I’m sure they’re asleep. That sorta limits my choices in environment.

#12 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,538 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 July 2019 - 07:16 PM

The thing with electric sheep is you download the program, and each sheep grows longer. You can decide how many repeats each sheep has. I go for two since it moves on to the next one. It takes a while to build up to the amount that that youtube vid shows. I couldn't trip to that music. It would bring out hard core anxiety. The vid is nice tho, and you can avoid the whole download thing and mute the video. I just don't dig the commercials that pop up on youtube. I've been running that for over 10 years now I think. Maybe longer.

• Skywatcher and ElPirana like this

#13 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,892 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 July 2019 - 04:11 PM

Do androids dream of electric sheep? 

• onediadem and crazy1 like this

#14 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,795 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 July 2019 - 05:44 PM

Do androids dream of electric sheep? 

HAL:   Dr. Chandra, will I dream?

Dr. Chandra:   I don't know...

Sorry my inner geek showing through a bit there :) 

In my experience, what you think might be amazingly cool while tripping is not always the thing you will find amazing cool while tripping.

Don't underestimate how cool something like a bubble wand, and some soap water can be while tripping, but you don't want to plan your trip around something like that.  Sometimes the trippiest things can be things you never even really noticed before, like the geometric pattern on some wallpaper, or on the flooring.  You kind of have to play it by ear, IMHO.  The mushrooms will show you what they will in their own time.

• onediadem, crazy1, Skywatcher and 2 others like this

#15 morthos

morthos

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 575 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 12:59 PM

Indeed Juthro, for that reason I prepare a series of entertainments for trips, knowing only a couple will be used. Also revealing to find out which posters were designed for the mushrooms vs. just look 'trippy' but have no 'powers'.

I had a colorful plastic set of Pickup Sticks, but instantly decided they had to be wooden as they were in my childhood to really enjoy them. =) Will put bubbles back on the list.

• onediadem, crazy1 and Juthro like this

#16 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,538 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 July 2019 - 03:17 PM

I loved pick up sticks, and jacks. How fun to remember that.

• crazy1 and Juthro like this

#17 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 11,665 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 July 2019 - 04:24 PM

Try total darkness (with large doses).

The inside of your head is far trippier than any poster could ever be. And going deep inside your own mind is the context where the truly profound/visionary experiences are usually found.

I remember a time when I would lay out what seemed like a good collection of trip toys, only to abandon them (as well as the house I was in) as soon as things started to get interesting. If the lights were on, that is.

But back when trip toys were still a viable form of entertainment for me my friends and I would do stuff like cover a TV screen with aluminum foil and poke random holes in the foil. You'd hear the audio but only could see a hundred or so random dots of blinking light. Your mind would fill in the blanks and create imagery that synced to the audio in fascinating ways. Sort of a (very) low-budget trippy screen saver, lol.

Another favorite was to lay under a coffee table (with a glass top) while someone else blew cotton balls across the top (using a fan works, too). Try it, lol...

• crazy1, firerat, Alder Logs and 2 others like this

#18 ToxicEnigma

ToxicEnigma

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 01:56 AM

Personally I never had luck with screens on mushrooms, the screen always seems to kill it for me. Much rather put on some repetitive electronic music and stare at the fish tank, lol.

#19 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,892 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 July 2019 - 09:44 AM

When I first started tripping, it was a hit of mescaline first, then a shit ton of acid.  I found lots of things scared me when I was high on acid, so I devised this little game.  I knew a road that went way back into the woods to where it finally just got too brushed in with alders to go any further.  Nobody would likely drive up that road at night, so I wasn't likely to be disturbed by another car showing up.  I drove as far as I could and then got out into the headlight beams and built a small fire from dead twigs that were all around.    Then, back under these trees where not even a star's light could be seen, I turned off the headlights and went back to my little fire and sat there until the fire completely went out and the glow of the twigs faded and no light was there at all.  I would sit there hearing the sounds of the woods, which loomed larger and larger in my imaginings until I couldn't stand it anymore.  Then I would crawl to the car and turn the lights back on and repeat the whole thing again.  I repeated this activity a few times on different trips.   It taught me that what scared me in my own head was no more than that. 

For the rest of my tripping life I had a discernment about things that scared me, and could look to be sure there was really something to be afraid of.   I got to imagine some powerful shit, but at the same time, knew I was imagining it.   So, I go along with TVC, total darkness has much to offer.

• TVCasualty, crazy1, Juthro and 1 other like this

#20 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 11,665 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 July 2019 - 09:54 AM

David Byrne knows...

[Direct Link]

• crazy1 and Alder Logs like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!